The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hennessy Sports Win Fury-Chisora Purse Bids

+3
oxring
eddyfightfan
Scottrf
7 posters

Go down

Hennessy Sports Win Fury-Chisora Purse Bids Empty Hennessy Sports Win Fury-Chisora Purse Bids

Post by Scottrf Thu 14 Apr 2011, 1:08 pm

Should happen some time before the end of July. Whether Warren lets it happen may be a different matter.

I fancy Chisora in this at the moment with his speed and ability to read his opponent but not by much.

"Hennessy Sports are pleased to announce that yesterday at the British Boxing Board of Control's offices in Cardiff they outbid Frank Warren to stage the highly anticipated British Heavyweight title Super Fight between Tyson Fury and Champion Dereck Chisora.

Promoter Mick Hennessy said "I'm delighted to announce that Hennessy Sports have won the rights to stage this well talked about mega fight and as per BBBofC rules we will be announcing the date and venue for this contest within the next 14 days."

Tyson said "Del boy has got no excuses now, my promoter has just handed him by far the biggest purse of his career and if he pulls out of this fight now in my opinion he will prove himself to be a right plonker."

"The last time a heavyweight (Williams vs. Harrison) grudge match was fought for the British title it attracted over 8 million viewers on ITV1, only this is a much better fight than that one, between two undefeated hungry young heavyweights". added Fury."

http://www.hennessysports.com/news-1163.htm

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Hennessy Sports Win Fury-Chisora Purse Bids Empty Re: Hennessy Sports Win Fury-Chisora Purse Bids

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 14 Apr 2011, 1:18 pm

good fight hopefully, agree that chisora will probably pinch this one- good to see fights like this and groves vs degale actually happening, and promoters taking a little risks with there fighters. makes for entertaining match ups.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Hennessy Sports Win Fury-Chisora Purse Bids Empty Re: Hennessy Sports Win Fury-Chisora Purse Bids

Post by oxring Thu 14 Apr 2011, 1:32 pm

Great fight.

Fury's become criminally underrated recently. I feel he's actually been in with marginally tougher opponents. Del Boy has never really been in "deep water". Fury has - twice against big John. He beat him twice IMO - and he certainly came back well - stopping him the second time.

Meanwhile the toughest fight Chisora's been in is probably Sexton. Good win - but I felt he was never too troubled.

Maybe Chisora has an extra gear. Maybe he doesn't - we don't really know. We do know that Fury can dig deep to win.

He HAS to come in shape to win this one though.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Apr 2011, 1:36 pm

Derek is being a silly boy..Sure he should lick the talentless plodder but if he was up for Klits belt before Haye and Vlad then surely the alphabet boys would feel obliged to make him mandatory straight after...

Doesn't want to blow a million for peanuts and can get caught by a hoik off a charlie-boy..

Handlers need to wise up....Fury might be garbage but sometimes garbage gets lucky..

My father-in-law did.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 14 Apr 2011, 3:31 pm

Scottrf wrote:

Promoter Mick Hennessy said "I'm delighted to announce that Hennessy Sports have won the rights to stage this well talked about mega fight and as per BBBofC rules we will be announcing the date and venue for this contest within the next 14 days."

Mega fight, really. I know promoters have to promote but seriously this description must have crossed a line.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 14 Apr 2011, 3:31 pm

huw wrote:Mega fight, really. I know promoters have to promote but seriously this description must have crossed a line.
Yeah, I think so.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu 14 Apr 2011, 4:08 pm

Scottrf wrote:Tyson said "Del boy has got no excuses now, my promoter has just handed him by far the biggest purse of his career and if he pulls out of this fight now in my opinion he will prove himself to be a right plonker."
Haha. Nice one Tyson.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 14 Apr 2011, 8:08 pm

Be interesting to see how fury does after training with Steward who is usually effective with tall fighters. Not been impresses by him thus far, good chin but not massive power for his size, fails to utilise a jab or his physical advantages to good effect and his conditioning is appalling for a guy of his age.

Chisora is more mobile, throws good combinations and is pretty accurate. He also has good upper body movement and what looks like a good chin. He's not a massive puncher but hits hard enough to gain his opponents respect and is effective at landing multiple and varied punches in bursts. From what I've seen of both fighters I'd back Chisora to beat him by decision, but this depends on what improvements Fury may have made under Steward.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down