The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawlers Piledriver Banned *PARTIAL SPOILER*

5 posters

Go down

Lawlers Piledriver Banned *PARTIAL SPOILER* Empty Lawlers Piledriver Banned *PARTIAL SPOILER*

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:51 pm

if anyone was wondering why the Piledriver was not used by lawler at WM it is apparently banned and lawler had to seek special permission to be able to use it

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2011/0401/538106/jerry-lawler/

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Lawlers Piledriver Banned *PARTIAL SPOILER* Empty Re: Lawlers Piledriver Banned *PARTIAL SPOILER*

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:56 pm

The piledriver has been banned/frowned upon for years, the only two people regularly allowed to use it is Taker and Kane and Kane only uses it if he is in a main event feud, when EY used it in TNA when he lead the World Elite the commentators made a big who ha about it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Lawlers Piledriver Banned *PARTIAL SPOILER* Empty Re: Lawlers Piledriver Banned *PARTIAL SPOILER*

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Plus they both use the tombstone version, which is far safer to perform.

I think that WWE remember that Austin's career was probably cut short by about 5 years because of his neck injury and in combo with the whole Benoit thing want to avoid head injuries. It is also the reason you see very few exposed head shots with steel chairs anymore.

Does anyone remember Rock v Mankind from about 1998 - Rocky hit him with about 10 in a row.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:07 pm

It was the 99 Rumble, brutal, Rocky went into business for himself that night

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:38 pm

thanks for clarifying that Gaffer

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:56 pm

No worries mate, wasn't trying to correct you i just remember it vividly

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:19 pm

the-gaffer wrote:No worries mate, wasn't trying to correct you i just remember it vividly

Don't worry about it. It also allowed me to check it out on Youtube so thanks!

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Mankind agreed to take four or five and i think by the final count Rock had hit 11, I actually think Foley made Rock that main event player in their late 98/early 99 feud

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:58 am

The Tombstone Triple H hit on Taker on sunday was really brutal, looked like he was proper forced down on the top of the skull!

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:45 am

I think it was because Taker's hair is so long, I'm not Triple H's biggest fan but with his experiance he would be a guy i'd trust not to botch such a move

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:07 am

the-gaffer wrote:I think it was because Taker's hair is so long, I'm not Triple H's biggest fan but with his experiance he would be a guy i'd trust not to botch such a move

HHH and Taker have been in the game longer than any other in the WWE at the moment, so theyve had plenty of time to learn to do it safely. Is this why DDT's arent like they used to be? If I remember correctly, they used to DDT on the head and over if you get me? Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/v/qTGkiub5-8Q

(EDIT: Sorry, I didnt realise YouTube videos were only allowed to be links. Thank you for editing for me)

Last edited by Jammy31 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed to link)
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:19 am

Jammy31 - There doesn't tend to be as many DDT's as there used to be and certainly fewer where the whole weight of the recipient is falling on their head / neck.

Christian has been using the tornado DDT recently though.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:28 pm

I think the lack of DDT's has more to do with Randy Orton now using it as one of his signature moves, HHH always tends to use it in a big match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down