The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

piledriver

+5
Adam D
Bluebird_ccfc
deadmancometh
Crimey
Mr Video Man
9 posters

Go down

piledriver Empty piledriver

Post by Mr Video Man Thu 15 Aug 2013, 11:11 am

after the most recent injury to bj whitmer involving being piledrivered onto the ring apron and dropped on his head causing brusing and spinal stenosis and various other wrestlers getting injured by it i.e Austin getting paralyzed by a piledriver in his match with owen hart should the use of a piledriver be banned in every wrestling organization?

thoughts? do you think it should be used still or do you think it should be totally banned?
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

piledriver Empty Re: piledriver

Post by Crimey Thu 15 Aug 2013, 11:17 am

I don't think there will be a worldwide band, I just don't think that's realistic, the lower down the wrestling world you go, the more likely people will push what is acceptable and piledrivers are just part of that.

I don't think the move is a good enough move compared to the dangers it presents to bother with it and am happy that WWE bans it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by deadmancometh Thu 15 Aug 2013, 11:39 am

Agree with Crimey; the further down you go the more extreme/ dangerous people will get in an attempt to draw (Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler immediately comes to mind).

My view is that if any move is 'that' dangerous then it should be banned and I'm happy that wwe have taken that step. I don't think that as a viewer I'm any worse off for not watching someone being pile driven as opposed to any other finisher.

Are there any other moves that have ever been banned worldwide?

deadmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebird_ccfc Thu 15 Aug 2013, 12:01 pm

Didn't punk use the piledriver on somebody recently? (Cena comes to mind) and the crowd went crazy as they hadn't seen it in ages.
Bluebird_ccfc
Bluebird_ccfc

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 15 Aug 2013, 12:55 pm

deadmancometh wrote:Agree with Crimey; the further down you go the more extreme/ dangerous people will get in an attempt to draw (Mickey Rourke in The Wrestler immediately comes to mind).

My view is that if any move is 'that' dangerous then it should be banned and I'm happy that wwe have taken that step. I don't think that as a viewer I'm any worse off for not watching someone being pile driven as opposed to any other finisher.

Are there any other moves that have ever been banned worldwide?
Bearing in mind there are promotions with exploding barb wire boards and others where they hit lighting strips over each others heads, I seriously doubt there is anything banned anywhere.

And as long as New Jack is about, the ban dont mean nuthin, blood. You trippin' fool?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu 15 Aug 2013, 7:09 pm

I think it was cm punk using it against undertaker at wrestlemania

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Thu 15 Aug 2013, 9:06 pm

Yeah, Punk used it on Cena

Spoiler:
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 15 Aug 2013, 9:14 pm

I love the piledriver, hate the fact that its taboo now, any move could be considered dangerous if done incorrectly

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 1:58 pm

I think the only person I see use it "Regularly" as such is the Undertaker. I know he's a seasoned professional but, he still has time left in which he could botch a Tombstone.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:40 pm

I think the knee landing of the tombstone is generally considered safer than the normal backside landing of a conventional piledriver

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Fri 16 Aug 2013, 2:47 pm

The old jumping tombstone that taker used to do could have potential botch but hasnt used it for ages aprt from against shawn michaels

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri 16 Aug 2013, 7:25 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I think the knee landing of the tombstone is generally considered safer than the normal backside landing of a conventional piledriver
Ahhh ok. I must admit, I forgot they had different types of landing!
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down