The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JMM vs Morales

+8
alfredperami
Nico the gman
John Bloody Wayne
hogey
JabMachineMK2
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
manos de piedra
Valero's Conscience
12 posters

Go down

JMM vs Morales Empty JMM vs Morales

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 18 May 2012, 8:38 am

Morales is apparently meeting golden Boy today to discuss a possible fight in July with JMM.

Morales' abilities have depleted far more than JMM but it would still make for an entertaining fight at 140 ibs.

JMM is now part-promoted by Top Rank so this may be a sticking point but unlikely as only a Pac fight would make them more money from JMM.

Would you object to this fight or happily look forward to? personally I like it, but would prefer JMM to put on a masterclass against Rios.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

JMM vs Morales Empty Re: JMM vs Morales

Post by manos de piedra Fri 18 May 2012, 8:42 am

Morales needs to call it a day I think. I dont really know why hes still fighting. He looks out of condition and he didnt even make the weight last time at 140 where he hardly has to kill himself to make. All points to a fighter thats just going through the motions.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 18 May 2012, 8:45 am

I wonder if it's money? When he first retired he worked for his local Government for free!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 18 May 2012, 8:52 am

I doubt its the money in the sense that hes skint and has to fight. I havent heard anything to that end at least. If he really needed the money you would think he would have bothered making the weight for the last fight rather than surrender part of his purse. But he might just find the lure of easy pay days too tempting. Possibly he is fighting to raise money for some kind of foundation or charity as he seems to give alot back to his community but given how out of condition he is now it definately doesnt look like he is training properly or taking fights seriously anymore.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Fri 18 May 2012, 10:39 am

He looked embarassingly out of shape in his last fight. Paunchy and slow. JMM will tear him apart.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 18 May 2012, 11:05 am

I don't want to see a great like Morales go out by losing badly. If he retired now he'd have all his dignity in tact.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 18 May 2012, 11:14 am

Wish Morales had called it a day on a high after his great effort against Maidana. The man is a legend and has had more wars than any other fighter in the modern era, but now he needs to stop if he wants to have a long, healthy and happy life after boxing.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 18 May 2012, 4:45 pm

It's not a great fight for Marquez either though. He's already got afew past their best names on his resume and has nothing to gain by adding another one. On the other hand, if Morales somehow pulls one out of the bag and makes it competetive JMM's stock would plummet.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 18 May 2012, 4:56 pm

Been a great fighter Morales,but like many before him they just wont let it go.
I think JMM will have far to much for Morales, would have been a great fight when both were in there prime but not now.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Fri 18 May 2012, 5:02 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:It's not a great fight for Marquez either though. He's already got afew past their best names on his resume and has nothing to gain by adding another one. On the other hand, if Morales somehow pulls one out of the bag and makes it competetive JMM's stock would plummet.

I know its boxing punchers chance and that, however, styles make fights and Morales has a young mans style in an old mans body. all bar the pee take flailing arms in the Garcia fight he looked his age and very much out of shape.
JMMs style on the other hand suits a boxer who has seen it all and it would be one way all night.

Everyone should know it’s a Morales fight or a 2nd rate southpaw or it’s a risk of missing out on MP4.

Personally I would rather it was a 2nd rate southpaw but that has nothing to do with JMMs legacy and everything to do with Morales long term health.
alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 18 May 2012, 5:14 pm

I doubt Marquez would go for it, he rejected it a couple of years ago as he wants to fight fighters in better condition, Judah seems the likeliest option.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 18 May 2012, 5:18 pm

Morals needs to GD retire. This is silly now. I love to see him, but already hurts seeing Maidana and Garcia (who is no special talent) with W's over him.

Retire El Terrible. Retire.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 18 May 2012, 5:28 pm

JMM can still hold his own vs the top guys in the game.

Morales is a shopworn fighter who should have retired after Maidana or even when he won the title. He's was a featherweight in his prime and last time out he struggled to make 140. Marquez will batter him, stupid fight

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 19 May 2012, 12:31 am

Not sure this would be a good spectacle at this stage, he will gain more credit fighting Rios and it would be just as easy for him.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down