The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales' Tour to Australia

+26
munkian
SecretFly
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
welshy6
Barney McGrew did it
Cymroglan
ButtyBachXV
Smirnoffpriest
Morgannwg
OzT
Knowsit17
aucklandlaurie
maestegmafia
kingjohn7
Bullsbok
Full Credit
Zander
Biltong
Casartelli
bedfordwelsh
sugarNspikes
kiakahaaotearoa
TycroesOsprey
wales606
ChequeredJersey
AussieJakexv
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wales' Tour to Australia Empty Wales' Tour to Australia

Post by AussieJakexv Sat 19 May 2012, 12:54 pm

As a Wallabies supporter I am looking forward to Wales coming over. Wales play some pretty entertaining rugby at times, but they should also be the type of team that the Wallabies can beat comfortably 3 times, and really build performances, combinations and confidence.

I think the mood of the Wallabies supporters is confidence and excitement, and there is an expectation that we could run in a fair few tries. I feel there are 3 welsh weak points that will be exposed on their tour down under.

1: Fly Half. Australia's options in this position are unreal. Wales have nobody of any real class at the top level and I expect Australia to take full advantage. Priestland for example looks very fragile.

2: Full Back. Wales lack a top class full back. Again Australia have great versatility and lots of options here. For me Halfpenny is simply a labrador at this level, launching the ball high and running after it with a wagging tail.

3: Front Row: While I don't think Australia have any advantage here, I think Wales are expecting to dominate in this area and that simply wont be the case. The Australian front row is now a more solid unit and with Robinson, Moore etc we will hold our own. Wales will probably be bargaining on smashing the Wallabies in the front row but I can't see them getting this huge advantage.

So with all this in mind I think basic skills, aggression and mental attitude will decide the games and I can see Australia excelling with the likes of Genia and Ioane in the backs and Horwill and Palu in the forwards.

My predictions are

1st Test: Wallabies by 15

2nd Test: Wallabies by 20

3rd Test: Wallabies by 10

Let's hope for a great series of matches, no serious injuries and some brilliant attacking rugby!

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Wales' Tour to Australia Empty Re: Wales' Tour to Australia

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 19 May 2012, 1:28 pm

I agree about the fly-half, and don't really know with regards to the front row, but my opinion is that 1/2p is an excellent fullback (or winger for that matter). Not quite Beale and probably a better winger but no slouch by any means. Versatility in positions is useful across a season but in any given game it's fairly meaningless. Plus Byrne, according to my Welsh friends, is finding some real form.

I think that if you can get Cooper or JOC fit and Genia some form, you are probably favourites, but not by that much. We went and beat you once last year, so I think at least 1 game is there for the Welsh to take.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 19 May 2012, 2:19 pm

I hope Cooper plays...

North to the left of him, Cuthbert to the right...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 19 May 2012, 2:21 pm

Yeah, but for all that you can target him in attack, I'd be worried about what he can do ball-in-hand...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sat 19 May 2012, 3:11 pm

I hope Quade can start but I doubt he will. He is a fantastic rugby player and he will be incredibly dangerous against Wales. I am not frightened by Cuthebert and North because our tackling is so good, but I do feel they are good weapons because they aren't big and slow they are actually dynamic. So that's going to be great to watch. I like the welsh centre Jonathan Davies too but the welsh centres are so much slower than AAC and co. Genia is finding some amazing form in the last few weeks and is really bouncing atm but Mike Phillips is always someone who has impressed me. My only concern is with poor fly halves his service must be better.

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sat 19 May 2012, 3:18 pm

1. Fly Half - Priestland hasnt had the greatest season but his distribution in the midfield is what wins him his place. Even then we have Hook and Biggar who can step in. So I am not worried about the 10 position.

2. Your assessment of Halfpenny at fullback is clearly based on not having seen him play a match ever at any level. He is a natural fullback, very quick, brave and reliable under the high ball and puts his body on the line in defence. Again if he is injured we have Byrne to step in who is back to his best or even a young Liam Williams.

3. NOt only is our front row far more destructive than the Ozzies, the second row now adds grunt. Having watched the Australian teams a lot recently there is nothing that can challenge Wales superiority in that facet of the game.

Wales have a settled team and coaching set up. Australia are unsettled and the coach is under pressure and there are clear signs of division in the dressing room..

IN the Super League, The Brumbies may be doing well under Jake but the rest of the Australian teams are struggling. I cant see Deans asking White to help him sort out the Australian weakness' in the setpiece.

Mental Attitude, once I would have agreed with you given how flaky the welsh teams used to be espescially touring. This team is different, After the slam was one to a man they all turned around and said it was less important than the tour to Austalia. That is a clear indicator of how the welsh mental attitude has changed in the last 10 years.

Im quite stunned by your predictions given every match against a top three nation has been within a score for the last 18 months.

Palu still cant see a full match out with the Waratahs who are in dire form, Cooper is just coming back from injury and whilst he showed up well against the Lions, playing the six nations champions in three weeks is a tough ask espescially guven Australia have to play the scots 4 days before taking on the Welsh, whilst the welsh 15 will have been in situ in Oz getting conditioned and ready for the first test.

Actually are you just an englishman pretending to be an ozzy as you dont seem to have a grasp of either teams strengths of weakness' at the moment?

Its going to be close each match is going to be within a score and either side could win the series. I expect Wales to win the first test after that anythiong can happen.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 19 May 2012, 3:25 pm

Also, Genia only returned to form for the Reds last week - he could easily be awful this week (as the Reds have been all season)

Warburton is fully fit and should be able to keep Pocock quite - and without him dominating, the Aussie pack is very beatable (as Ireland showed at the WC).

Charteris and Evan could be an excellent pairing at lock and will provide even more strength to the front row =.

It will be one of the few times the Lions front row have played together - When Adam Jones plays, the Aussies will be under pressure in the scrum.

Overall, I think the Welsh forwards will be able to dominant and the welsh backs defence is strong enough to keep out the Aussie backs fairly well, so they wont be able to win the game with less than 50% possession (which is why Warburton nullifying Pocock on the deck is so important.)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 19 May 2012, 3:39 pm

A few nibbles so far...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 19 May 2012, 3:48 pm

The OP is a bit unfair on Wales there. He's got the results right but I expect the Aussies to win by less than 8-10 in each test.

TycroesOsprey wrote:
Actually are you just an englishman pretending to be an ozzy as you dont seem to have a grasp of either teams strengths of weakness' at the moment?
Naughty!

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sat 19 May 2012, 3:58 pm

I will definitely come back for some humble pie if Wales manage to win a test! I promise you guys that. And I predict England will suffer a similar if not worse fate in South Africa.

By the way it doesn't matter about our Super 15 sides form. We're always weaker in that competition and the Waratahs are so used to underachieving it's nothing new.

Hook... Priestland... ahhhhh

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 19 May 2012, 4:00 pm

For me if we don't win at least one of the tests and the mid-week game then the tour will have been unsuccesful.

I know beggars cant be choosers but I also hope that if we do only win one test that it is the 1st or 2nd otherwise there will be the ' well series was lost' posts or 'was a dead rubber' posts.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 19 May 2012, 4:02 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:I know beggars cant be choosers but I also hope that if we do only win one test that it is the 1st or 2nd otherwise there will be the ' well series was lost' posts or 'was a dead rubber' posts.
That's exactly how I feel about England in SA. A single, 3rd test win (like the Lions in 2009) is always a bit disappointing. Still, as you say beggars can't be choosers and I guess both Wales and England would get some satisfaction out of any win (and the ensuing ranking points climb).

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 19 May 2012, 4:24 pm

And yet winning the 3rd test will be worth a lot more ranking points than winning the 1st then losing 2.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 19 May 2012, 4:26 pm

wales606 wrote:And yet winning the 3rd test will be worth a lot more ranking points than winning the 1st then losing 2.
Yeah, I was thinking that. I guess it's a bit of a sweetener if it all goes wrong early doors Shocked

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 19 May 2012, 4:36 pm

We're going to be on the receiving end of an absolute hiding over there - but who cares?

We're a small country - and I, for one, am glad that we've found or niche in the 6N.

These moneyspinner summer tours are a quickly forgotten irrelevance. RWC runs are a pleasant distraction, nothing more or less.

Get this over and done and build for next year's GS.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 19 May 2012, 4:37 pm

Having watched the whole six nations and obviously most of australian rugby, my opinion is this.

Cooper/Beale must attack Priestland, he hasn't convinced e over the Six Nations. Defenitely advantage australia there, in fact I would pick Beale over Cooper.

Front row, the Welsh might have the slightest of advantages, but I don't think enough to dominate the australian scrum.

Halfpenny is a very classy full back, and perhaps his only weakness, of you want to call it that is that he isn't Kearney when it comes to the high ball.

I believe Wales will run at Australia with power and pace, utilising North and cuthbert, Australia will use guile and angles with quick offloads into space.

There should be good tries from both teams, but ultimately I beleive australia should win the series comfortably enough.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 19 May 2012, 4:38 pm

If it means we finish the year in 4th, then it may be worth a lame duck victory (although of course, im hoping for a series win) - as a top 4 finish will really give us a chance at the next WC of at least reaching another semi final.

Second test should be the best - Wales will have Ian Evans and Alun Wyn Jones back starting, and both sides will have had time to shake off some rust.

Should be epic.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sat 19 May 2012, 4:40 pm

Casartelli wrote:We're going to be on the receiving end of an absolute hiding over there - but who cares?

We're a small country - and I, for one, am glad that we've found or niche in the 6N.

These moneyspinner summer tours are a quickly forgotten irrelevance. RWC runs are a pleasant distraction, nothing more or less.

Get this over and done and build for next year's GS.

This attitude makes me feel unwell.

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sat 19 May 2012, 5:06 pm

biltongbek wrote:Having watched the whole six nations and obviously most of australian rugby, my opinion is this.

Cooper/Beale must attack Priestland, he hasn't convinced e over the Six Nations. Defenitely advantage australia there, in fact I would pick Beale over Cooper.

Front row, the Welsh might have the slightest of advantages, but I don't think enough to dominate the australian scrum.

Halfpenny is a very classy full back, and perhaps his only weakness, of you want to call it that is that he isn't Kearney when it comes to the high ball.

I believe Wales will run at Australia with power and pace, utilising North and cuthbert, Australia will use guile and angles with quick offloads into space.

There should be good tries from both teams, but ultimately I beleive australia should win the series comfortably enough.

I think the first test is actually key to the rest of the series. Wales certainly have every advantage going into that game.

Australia have to play the Scots on the 5th June and if they take them lightly could easily come unstuck espescially against that scottish breakaway trio. They then have a short turnaround to go into the first welsh test. Wales in contrast have already stated that their first XV will be in Aus preparing a fortnight before so minimising the impact of the babas game.

Ausralia effectively have a new coaching team although Dingo is still at the top. McGahan is likely to bring the Munster defensive patterns to Australia but it will take time for his systems to bed in. The same is true of their forwards and backs coaches all of whom are goig to bring new approaches to the table. That takes time. Wales have a settled coaching team with clear systems in place and even with Gatts taking a backseat role due to his injury the team and staff are confortable with each other and the patterns and structures that they use.

There is still no consensus as to who the Aussies are going to pick. Their key players are coming back from injury or like Barnes not in the best form. Wales only have one injury absentee in Roberts, the rest of the team is the first choice form the six nations.

The first test is Wales' best chance as the Australians are going to improve as players come back from injury and the new systems bed in. I think we will win that one and hopefully one other but it will be very close. Anyone predicting a "comfortable" series win for either side is having a laugh. thumbsup

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 19 May 2012, 5:09 pm

I am not laughing mate. Erm
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sat 19 May 2012, 5:15 pm

I think your prediction is based on another one of those "feelings" rather than the rugby biltong Whistle

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 19 May 2012, 5:17 pm

Laugh We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 19 May 2012, 5:18 pm

Predicting that Australia will win a series fairly comfortably at home against Wales is hardly controversial, is it?

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sat 19 May 2012, 5:19 pm

biltongbek wrote:I am not laughing mate. Erm

I have to admit I am laughing at the idea of Wales winning a test against the Wallabies. Australia, New Zealand and South Africa will win all three of their matches on all three tours, comfortably.

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by Zander Sat 19 May 2012, 5:22 pm

AussieJakexv wrote:
biltongbek wrote:I am not laughing mate. Erm

I have to admit I am laughing at the idea of Wales winning a test against the Wallabies. Australia, New Zealand and South Africa will win all three of their matches on all three tours, comfortably.

I think Wales have a chance of winning one test against Australia. They have a very settled squad and went well in the Six Nations this year.

Zander

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 19 May 2012, 6:12 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:3. NOt only is our front row far more destructive than the Ozzies, the second row now adds grunt. Having watched the Australian teams a lot recently there is nothing that can challenge Wales superiority in that facet of the game.
I'm not so sure about that comment. If you have watched Australian teams recently you must surely have noticed that the Waratahs have one of the strongest if not the strongest scrum of any side in the Super 15. Given their front row is made up of Robinson, Polota-Nau, and Kepu, all of who are likely to be in the mix for Wallaby selection, it's hard to say you'll have carte blanche in that department. The last 2 tests between us you certainly haven't had any superiority there. Although, defending the Aussie scrum is often a futile endeavour as the rugby world sees us as weak in that department courtesy of a few woeful performances over the years.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wales win a game as they're in great touch but I can't see them wining the series.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sat 19 May 2012, 6:51 pm

[quote="Full Credit"]
TycroesOsprey wrote:3. NOt only is our front row far more destructive than the Ozzies, the second row now adds grunt. Having watched the Australian teams a lot recently there is nothing that can challenge Wales superiority in that facet of the game.
i for one have never seen whats so destructive about the Welsh scrum.I'm yet to see them use their suppose scrum superiority as an advantage. Northampton have a great scrum and it shows they dominate teams and get penalties using the scrum , Boks did it in the first test against lions and the french to such good effect last year .Wales on the other hand ???
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 19 May 2012, 8:03 pm

wales606 wrote:

Second test should be the best - Wales will have Ian Evans and Alun Wyn Jones back starting, and both sides will have had time to shake off some rust.

Should be epic.

I would honestly start with Evans and Charteris but its refershing that we have genuine options in the 2nd row now.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 19 May 2012, 8:16 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
wales606 wrote:

Should be epic.

I would honestly start with Evans and Charteris but its refershing that we have genuine options in the 2nd row now.

Yep, I agree - its a pity Evans won't start the first test, but Charteris and Evans would be my first choice (although I think Jones and Charteris are Gatlands)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 19 May 2012, 8:27 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
3. NOt only is our front row far more destructive than the Ozzies, the second row now adds grunt. Having watched the Australian teams a lot recently there is nothing that can challenge Wales superiority in that facet of the game.
Big words that could well bite you in the bottom.

I think some people are massively underrating the Aussie scrum (and overrating their own). It's not the strongest aspect of the Aussie gameplan, but some folk are acting like it's powderpuff and going to be walked over. It won't be. If you're hoping that massive scrum superiority will be key in these games you could be in for a rude awakening.

Having said that I'm sure the players and management don't feel this way and won't be underestimating anyone.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 19 May 2012, 8:31 pm

Sugar,

I think it is one are where we Welsh have the upper hand but the days of the powder puss Aussie scrums are indeed long gone.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sat 19 May 2012, 8:34 pm

At home Id be optimistic, but in Australia? I will be surprised if we get a win, if we win the series i'll eat a slice of toast with marmite on it.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 19 May 2012, 8:37 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Sugar,

I think it is one are where we Welsh have the upper hand but the days of the powder puss Aussie scrums are indeed long gone.
Yeah, I agree.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 19 May 2012, 8:56 pm

I say that any of the five teams below NZ in the rankings are pretty evenly matched.

Summer tour games, bar injuries, will be the same.

I don't think Wales are favourites. But are certainly taking the most talented squad we have had since the last time we beat the Aussies in New Zealand...!

Very exciting series for both teams.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sat 19 May 2012, 9:00 pm

kingjohn7 wrote:At home Id be optimistic, but in Australia? I will be surprised if we get a win, if we win the series i'll eat a slice of toast with marmite on it.
Quite the gambler, eh? You need to slow down a little Wink

Given that it's in Aus I think vegemite should be substituted.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sat 19 May 2012, 11:39 pm

Full Credit wrote:
I'm not so sure about that comment. If you have watched Australian teams recently you must surely have noticed that the Waratahs have one of the strongest if not the strongest scrum of any side in the Super 15. Given their front row is made up of Robinson, Polota-Nau, and Kepu, all of who are likely to be in the mix for Wallaby selection, it's hard to say you'll have carte blanche in that department. The last 2 tests between us you certainly haven't had any superiority there. Although, defending the Aussie scrum is often a futile endeavour as the rugby world sees us as weak in that department courtesy of a few woeful performances over the years.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wales win a game as they're in great touch but I can't see them wining the series.

The last two tests Wales played their fourth choice tight head(Third choice in the RWC) and third choice hooker. That was a problem for the Welsh setpiece and it put pressure on the team. Gardiner in the match in Nov was way out of his depth and it showed.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun 20 May 2012, 12:46 am

It boils down to one thing. Being winners.

Australia are winners. They are ruthless. Compared to New Zealand we should be thrashed out of sight by them but time after time we give them some sort of game.

Wales constantly pull defeat out of the jaws of victory. Countless examples. The 6 Nations this year was such a dire standard I am amazed that any of their fans were prepared to celebrate.

This group of Australian players are something special and are underated in the Northern Hemisphere. I mean look at the praise Jamie Roberts gets. He can hardly run. You look at AAC. He is an aggressive, physical specimen, with fast hands and he runs at tremendous speed.

In Quade Cooper I believe we have the most unique and exciting rugby player of all time and I hope to God the guy achieves what he is capable of in this game. And then you compare him to puppy dog Priestland! Can you see him ever playing in game where Wales beat the All Blacks? If I were Dan Carter I'd laugh up against him. Still at least Alun Wyn will belt out the anthem with pride! Shame you cant run in an intercept v the All Blacks though Alun to draw the match! Wales.... purrrrlease!

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 20 May 2012, 1:55 am

Dan Carter wouldn't laugh at an opposition player
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 20 May 2012, 4:27 am

Dan carter doesnt worry about what just happened he's all ready concentrating on what he's going to do next.

aussiejake.
I want to see the wallabys do well, next month as well, but you have to respect where wales have come from in the last 12 months, also dont forget Gatty might have been spent the last month or so recuperating but he will have been taking notes.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun 20 May 2012, 6:32 am

Decent argument at 1. and 2. but imo you can't not expect our front row to be heavy favourites. Adam Jones is one of the best scrummagers in the world if not the best right now. And there's the scrum mauling of 2010 to bear in mind.

Not to say we'll necessarily capitalise on forwards advantage as we couldn't that same year. Fair to say the Aussies are favourites on home turf, all the less pressure on us thumbsup

Can't wait for it myself.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun 20 May 2012, 7:21 am

knows it

why not be heavy favourites? Between what Gatty can pull out of a forward pack and what Robbie can pull out of 7 backs, there would have to be a lot of bad luck for one team to go into this series with any ascendancy, and as a neutral kiwi, I know that these two coaches will prepare and play for this series just as hard if not harder, as if they themselves were out there in the middle with their boots on.

2010 was a long time ago.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Sun 20 May 2012, 12:38 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
I cant see Deans asking White to help him sort out the Australian weakness' in the setpiece.

That's a goo didea. after all JW asked Eddie Jones to sort out the bok's back line prior to the world cup and they won it.

I think that'll be an excellent idea, hope he does, after all, JW's in the country at the mo!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 20 May 2012, 2:54 pm

AussieJakexv wrote:

1: Fly Half. Australia's options in this position are unreal. Wales have nobody of any real class at the top level and I expect Australia to take full advantage. Priestland for example looks very fragile.

2: Full Back. Wales lack a top class full back. Again Australia have great versatility and lots of options here. For me Halfpenny is simply a labrador at this level, launching the ball high and running after it with a wagging tail.

3: Front Row: While I don't think Australia have any advantage here, I think Wales are expecting to dominate in this area and that simply wont be the case. The Australian front row is now a more solid unit and with Robinson, Moore etc we will hold our own. Wales will probably be bargaining on smashing the Wallabies in the front row but I can't see them getting this huge advantage.

1. Fly Half. So an off form Barnes and a Cooper on one leg are unreal options? Hmmmm. Luckily for us though we have other 10s as well as Priest.

2. Full Back. I suppose you could say that. Halfpenny is good enough though, like he was throughout the world cup and six nations. Again I don't see where Australia's versatility is here. AAC is afterall, a utility back. He is class though.

3. Front Row: Here I agree with you. Aus haven't been mugged in the scrums for years now. I can only see us getting a big advantage on occassion if Adam Jones is fit. The past two tests against Aus he hasn't played and you seemed to have the advantage.

Odd that every other Australian on this forum says the opposite to you.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 20 May 2012, 2:57 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
AussieJakexv wrote:

1. Fly Half. So an off form Barnes and a Cooper on one leg are unreal options? Hmmmm. Luckily for us though we have other 10s as well as Priest.

2. Full Back. I suppose you could say that. Halfpenny is good enough though, like he was throughout the world cup and six nations. Again I don't see where Australia's versatility is here. AAC is afterall, a utility back. He is class though.

3. Front Row: Here I agree with you. Aus haven't been mugged in the scrums for years now. I can only see us getting a big advantage on occassion if Adam Jones is fit. The past two tests against Aus he hasn't played and you seemed to have the advantage.

Odd that every other Australian on this forum says the opposite to you.

You have forgotten a certain Kurtley Beale , who plays fullback but has proved himself to be a brilliant flyhalf when asked to play there for the Rebels.He's the man largely responsible for scalping the saders and almost scalping the bulls in the last 3 weeks.
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 20 May 2012, 3:07 pm

Wow.

But on a serious note would he play 10 or 15 for Aus? Maybe that's where the wealth of options comes from according to the OP. Saying that (the OP) I agree with Tycroes that we have an Englishman pretending to be Aussie, either that or it could just be the Ghost. It doesn't seem like he knows much about Rugby.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Zander Sun 20 May 2012, 3:13 pm

I think he'd be more likely play fullback although I haven't seen much Super XV this season so don't really know about the other options at 15 after Beale.

Zander

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 20 May 2012, 4:18 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Wow.

But on a serious note would he play 10 or 15 for Aus? Maybe that's where the wealth of options comes from according to the OP. Saying that (the OP) I agree with Tycroes that we have an Englishman pretending to be Aussie, either that or it could just be the Ghost. It doesn't seem like he knows much about Rugby.

Seems to me Beale will play 15 now that Quade is back . @Zander , AAC fullback,
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 20 May 2012, 4:19 pm

Or JOC
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 20 May 2012, 4:20 pm

except he's injured
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun 20 May 2012, 6:51 pm

Australian Fly Half Options (now and for the future)!

1. Barnes - Not in great form, but being asked to play 12 quite often too. Will be OK if playing 10 for the Wallabies.

2. Beale - Has proved he is a class act in the Super 15 at fly half. Will probably play 15 though as long as injuries don't require a shift.

3. Cooper - Total gamble. His rehab could progress nicely and he could be ready to start the second or third test. On the other hand it might not be possible.

4. JOC - (When fit) has proven himself a more than accomplished fly half in a poor Western Force team in the past. Such a versatile footballer he could adapt. Especially against a Northern Hemisphere nation.

5. Ben Lucas - Another versatile footballer with a huge number of skills and attributes. I wouldn't worry about him against Northern Hemisphere opposition.

6. Zack Holmes - Another versatile footballer with a huge number of skills and attributes. I wouldn't worry about him against Northern Hemisphere opposition. Young and untested he played a blinder against the Hurricanes kicking his goals and scoring a great try. One for the future.

7. Matt Toomua - Injured. (Out for a year)

That's the kind of depth I am talking about.

Morgannwg - Grey ghosts and fantasy English men? I think that would make a heck of a story! If you knew my views on English rugby then I doubt you'd think me English then!

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next