The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales' Tour to Australia

+26
munkian
SecretFly
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
welshy6
Barney McGrew did it
Cymroglan
ButtyBachXV
Smirnoffpriest
Morgannwg
OzT
Knowsit17
aucklandlaurie
maestegmafia
kingjohn7
Bullsbok
Full Credit
Zander
Biltong
Casartelli
bedfordwelsh
sugarNspikes
kiakahaaotearoa
TycroesOsprey
wales606
ChequeredJersey
AussieJakexv
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wales' Tour to Australia - Page 2 Empty Wales' Tour to Australia

Post by AussieJakexv Sat May 19, 2012 12:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

As a Wallabies supporter I am looking forward to Wales coming over. Wales play some pretty entertaining rugby at times, but they should also be the type of team that the Wallabies can beat comfortably 3 times, and really build performances, combinations and confidence.

I think the mood of the Wallabies supporters is confidence and excitement, and there is an expectation that we could run in a fair few tries. I feel there are 3 welsh weak points that will be exposed on their tour down under.

1: Fly Half. Australia's options in this position are unreal. Wales have nobody of any real class at the top level and I expect Australia to take full advantage. Priestland for example looks very fragile.

2: Full Back. Wales lack a top class full back. Again Australia have great versatility and lots of options here. For me Halfpenny is simply a labrador at this level, launching the ball high and running after it with a wagging tail.

3: Front Row: While I don't think Australia have any advantage here, I think Wales are expecting to dominate in this area and that simply wont be the case. The Australian front row is now a more solid unit and with Robinson, Moore etc we will hold our own. Wales will probably be bargaining on smashing the Wallabies in the front row but I can't see them getting this huge advantage.

So with all this in mind I think basic skills, aggression and mental attitude will decide the games and I can see Australia excelling with the likes of Genia and Ioane in the backs and Horwill and Palu in the forwards.

My predictions are

1st Test: Wallabies by 15

2nd Test: Wallabies by 20

3rd Test: Wallabies by 10

Let's hope for a great series of matches, no serious injuries and some brilliant attacking rugby!

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Wales' Tour to Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Wales' Tour to Australia

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun May 20, 2012 7:06 pm

AussieJake - out of them 1 (Beale) will likely play FB, 1 (JOC) is injured, 1 (Cooper) is just coming back from injury, and we don't know if he'll be fit enough for the 1st 2 games. and the rest are unproven except for Barnes who you say isn't in great form - so you have 1 FH for you're great strength in depth for this tour and one who could be moved from FB

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun May 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Barnes will do fine for the Wallabies. The rest are unproven - I totally agree but I have no doubt they will do fine. As I said if I'm proved wrong I'll be back for some humble pie. Beale will probably play full back but we have so many promising full backs that it wont matter if he doesn't.

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun May 20, 2012 7:22 pm

1. Barnes is in dire form his confidence is shot. He kicked everything for the waratahs yesterday against the stormers. The stormers hardly broke a sweat dealing with the waratahs and will certainly play better and lose.

2. Beale has had three games at outside half and all of a sudden he is the messiah? Duw and I thoughgt the welsh were supposed to be unrealistic. Great in attack but defending the 10 channel against Cuthbert, North, JD and Scott? cmon do you actually watch rugby?

3. Cooper nowhere near fit enough for the first two tests at least.

4. JOC out of the series through injury

5. Ben Lucas - out with a Groin injury, good defensively offers little in attack and doesnt kick well from hand. good franchise player not an international

6 Zack Holmes - 2 games in super rugby. great in one of them but still 2 games in super rugby!!!!!

Strength in depth meh.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun May 20, 2012 7:40 pm

If I were Dan Carter I'd laugh up against him.

I doubt that. Carter has more class than that.

Priestland's been off form since the WC but he still links up well with his midfield, particularly the power runners in North and a fit Roberts. In any case he might not even feature as much as recently. If Biggar plays as he has this season for the Ospreys he'll give the Aussies something to think about.

Sure, the planets might be aligned and the Aussies might hold their own in the scrum but on past evidence our front row are clear favourites. The first choice contingent of Robinson, Moore and Alexander were picked apart in 2010 and there isn't much to suggest the same won't happen again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKRJy9ql0yQ

As I said, the Wallabies will be favourites on paper at home but Wales have coped as favourites and underdogs over the last year. I can see it being close, certainly closer than you've predicted and I know for a fact that we won't go down easy. I'll stick my neck out and say you won't win every test. If the sentiments of this thread are magnified throughout Oz then prepare for the shockwaves Whistle

Cymru Am Byth Wales

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun May 20, 2012 7:51 pm

TycroesOsprey

You say how bad form Barnes is on, right OK I can accept that and yes he was shaky the other day. But Barnes was playing the Stormers in South Africa. The last Rabo game I saw was Priestland playing like an amateur against Aironi is it? (Must be some Italian version Qantas I assume) I mean Barnes going on a bad run with the Waratahs who are beyond is a different kettle of fish to Priestland who wouldn't get in a school team over here. Aironi! Jeee whizz!

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun May 20, 2012 8:16 pm

AussieJakexv wrote:Australian Fly Half Options (now and for the future)!

1. Barnes - Not in great form, but being asked to play 12 quite often too. Will be OK if playing 10 for the Wallabies.

2. Beale - Has proved he is a class act in the Super 15 at fly half. Will probably play 15 though as long as injuries don't require a shift.

3. Cooper - Total gamble. His rehab could progress nicely and he could be ready to start the second or third test. On the other hand it might not be possible.

4. JOC - (When fit) has proven himself a more than accomplished fly half in a poor Western Force team in the past. Such a versatile footballer he could adapt. Especially against a Northern Hemisphere nation.

5. Ben Lucas - Another versatile footballer with a huge number of skills and attributes. I wouldn't worry about him against Northern Hemisphere opposition.

6. Zack Holmes - Another versatile footballer with a huge number of skills and attributes. I wouldn't worry about him against Northern Hemisphere opposition. Young and untested he played a blinder against the Hurricanes kicking his goals and scoring a great try. One for the future.

7. Matt Toomua - Injured. (Out for a year)

That's the kind of depth I am talking about.

Morgannwg - Grey ghosts and fantasy English men? I think that would make a heck of a story! If you knew my views on English rugby then I doubt you'd think me English then!

JOC and Barnes are good options but will JOC be available? You said you weren't worried because Aus have some unreal option at 10 yet some of them may be unavailable.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by ButtyBachXV Sun May 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Well, I got to remain realistic, 3-0 Aussies is looking very likely Sad. We are in for our perennial hiding I am afraid boys. You just have to take note how many Welsh players could play for Aussies. Not many! The Aussies have us in the backs and will be competitive in the scrum.

I have watched a bit of the Super XV and it clear to see that the rugby is vastly superior to ours. I will be honest and say I have watched very little of the RPD12 league because its horrible to watch.

I will say good luck to the boys down under, but 3 tests, this teacher is saying needs improving!

ButtyBachXV

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun May 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Morgs Ive come to the conclusion he isnt australian. The ozzy rugby fans I know are knowledgable about their own players epsescially those who are first choice for their franchises and those who filling in, out of position or in their first season, this guy doesnt seem to know any of that and half his posts degenerate into rants. Dont think its GG because at least he knew his rugby but even HERSH could do better than this troll.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun May 20, 2012 8:24 pm

AussieJakexv wrote:TycroesOsprey

You say how bad form Barnes is on, right OK I can accept that and yes he was shaky the other day. But Barnes was playing the Stormers in South Africa. The last Rabo game I saw was Priestland playing like an amateur against Aironi is it? (Must be some Italian version Qantas I assume) I mean Barnes going on a bad run with the Waratahs who are beyond is a different kettle of fish to Priestland who wouldn't get in a school team over here. Aironi! Jeee whizz!

Most of your comments lead me to believe you don't watch much rugby... or if you do then you certainly don't understand it.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun May 20, 2012 8:25 pm

ButtyBachXV - why did you say all that? They will make you live in England now until you admit to being a ghost or an Englishman or something!

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun May 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Looks like all the saddoes are coming out to wum, ah well its been a nice few weeks since the six natioins ended where we could have a discussion without fake accounts and trolls.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun May 20, 2012 8:25 pm

ButtyBachXV wrote:Well, I got to remain realistic, 3-0 Aussies is looking very likely Sad. We are in for our perennial hiding I am afraid boys. You just have to take note how many Welsh players could play for Aussies. Not many! The Aussies have us in the backs and will be competitive in the scrum.

I have watched a bit of the Super XV and it clear to see that the rugby is vastly superior to ours. I will be honest and say I have watched very little of the RPD12 league because its horrible to watch.

I will say good luck to the boys down under, but 3 tests, this teacher is saying needs improving!

I don't usually make this accusation but I can say with full conviction that this person is a faker. Nice try whoever you are, just make it so it's not blatantly, blatantly obvious next time Laugh

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun May 20, 2012 8:26 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:Morgs Ive come to the conclusion he isnt australian. The ozzy rugby fans I know are knowledgable about their own players epsescially those who are first choice for their franchises and those who filling in, out of position or in their first season, this guy doesnt seem to know any of that and half his posts degenerate into rants. Dont think its GG because at least he knew his rugby but even HERSH could do better than this troll.

Yeah the Aussies on here are quite knowledgable. The fact that they have been saying the opposite to him for weeks now so I'm not sure where he gets his ideas from.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun May 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:
ButtyBachXV wrote:Well, I got to remain realistic, 3-0 Aussies is looking very likely Sad. We are in for our perennial hiding I am afraid boys. I will say good luck to the boys down under, but 3 tests, this teacher is saying needs improving!

I don't usually make this accusation but I can say with full conviction that this person is a faker. Nice try whoever you are, just make it so it's not blatantly, blatantly obvious next time Laugh

+1 no one who says butty says perennial and spells it correctly...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by ButtyBachXV Sun May 20, 2012 8:32 pm

How am I faking? WUMing? I have an opinion that differs from you? You are all beyond. I thought this was a discussion not a place to blindly lead eachother into a state of dilusion. If you believe Wales have a hope of winning good for you! Good luck! But I believe it will be 3-0, why is that so hard to swallow? Australia are alot better than Wales.

ButtyBachXV

Back to top Go down

Post by ButtyBachXV Sun May 20, 2012 8:34 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:
ButtyBachXV wrote:Well, I got to remain realistic, 3-0 Aussies is looking very likely Sad. We are in for our perennial hiding I am afraid boys. I will say good luck to the boys down under, but 3 tests, this teacher is saying needs improving!

+1 no one who says butty says perennial and spells it correctly...

Ha HA Very Happy

ButtyBachXV

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun May 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Haha fair play MaestegMafia!

I have to admit it... I am from Pontyberem really...

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Quaaaaaaaadeeeeeeee Cooooooooooper!

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun May 20, 2012 8:37 pm

In fact there is only one poster who has a myriad of iDs that is vainly arrogant enough to spell check their trolling...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun May 20, 2012 8:38 pm

They're the same guy, and not Australian. Some people really, desperately need a life.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun May 20, 2012 8:39 pm

AussieJakexv wrote:Haha fair play MaestegMafia!

I have to admit it... I am from Pontyberem really...

So you are faking the two identities on here...?

I just made a comment at one and you answered as the other...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun May 20, 2012 8:41 pm

maestegmafia wrote:In fact there is only one poster who has a myriad of iDs that is vainly arrogant enough to spell check their trolling...!

Didn't take long to nail this one maes. Is it Cyril?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun May 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Nah I laughed at your joke about butty and perennial! Still with me? Good.

And then I answered those who said I'm not Australian by joking admitting I'm from Pontyberem.

There we are see.

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun May 20, 2012 8:52 pm

AussieJakexv wrote:Nah I laughed at your joke about butty and perennial! Still with me? Good.

And then I answered those who said I'm not Australian by joking admitting I'm from Pontyberem.

There we are see.

tips for pretending to be an Australian

1. learn somthing about your pretend teams strengths.
2. Dont post at 4am on a monday morning austrailian time.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by ButtyBachXV Sun May 20, 2012 8:55 pm

I am welsh yes! Buerks, the only thing you have had right in this thread! All I have said is Wales won't win and spelt a few words correctly, if you are honestly amazed by that Wales has alot more problems other than its rugby.
1) The rabopro league is shocking
2) Super XV > rabopro
3) Tri Nations > 6N
4) Australia > Wales
> means great than (just saying)

ButtyBachXV

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun May 20, 2012 8:56 pm

About time one of the mods checked links between

majesticimperialman
HERSH
anotherworldofpain
BigTrevsbigmac
BarneyMcGrew
sugarNspikes
AussieJakexv
ButtyBachXV

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun May 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Yeah mods (hint hint).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun May 20, 2012 9:00 pm

I OPENLY INVITE THE MODS TO CHECK. Do it! Please publish the results!

Post at 4am? I work nights! Oh my god this is beyond!

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun May 20, 2012 9:00 pm

TycroesOsprey wrote:
AussieJakexv wrote:Nah I laughed at your joke about butty and perennial! Still with me? Good.

There we are see.

tips for pretending to be an Australian

1. learn somthing about your pretend teams strengths.
2. Dont post at 4am on a monday morning austrailian time.

That's easy to counter, he'll most likely say he doesn't live in Australia.

Interestingly though Aussie and Butty don't seem able to post within two minutes of each other. The time it takes to log off one account, sign in the other and post a short comment if you're quick enough. Very suspicious chin

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun May 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Get the Mods attention by clicking on the triangle thats on the right of the quote button.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun May 20, 2012 9:02 pm

Who's calling in the FEDS?

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Sun May 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Oops, sorry - looks like I've stumbled into the kids section by mistake. Byee.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by ButtyBachXV Sun May 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Yeah crack on with the MODs boys!

ButtyBachXV

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun May 20, 2012 9:05 pm

This is an odd thread and no mistake!

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun May 20, 2012 9:07 pm

This is bordering on Hitchcock mystery drama: The Case of the Identical Users

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by ButtyBachXV Sun May 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Very odd, I sign up today post an opinion and now I am an Aussie pretending to be Welsh and have about 8 different accounts to WU people about Welsh rugby. Pretty spectacular effort, is this forum always this daft or can I discuss rugby with people?

ButtyBachXV

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Sun May 20, 2012 9:09 pm

anyway ignoring all this arguing.
no doubt Aus are a strong team but no longer do wales lack the strength in depth. in regards to our "weak" points
1) as many have stated priestland hasnt been on form but while himself personally didnt have the best six nations he set up some lovely tries and he brings our key players into the game. also he was only capped a year ago...
also with the form of Hook in France and Biggar finally showing his class we have 3 very good fly halves to choose from
2) You have not seen halfpenny play, it is not just his counter attacking ability that is so good but his defensive effort, e.g. v england last minute, body on the line to stop that try. only thing is his height and up and unders may be used to expose this.
Also Lee Byrne who is playing well for Clermont who made it to the Semi final of the HeC. and the young Liam williams who is regarded by many as a young JPR.
3) while the aussie Scrum is no longer as weak, the welsh scrum is one of the most powerful scrums in the world, two world class props and the all 3 lions front row (although debatable whether Rees is 1st choice now) admittedly if we lose adam jones we will struggle but with him i think we have dominance- if only just.

now weak links for wales to expose are.
1) fly half- while you mentioned great strength in depth, two were untested and it would be a baptism of fire against the physical backline of wales. 2 are injured/3 (depending on cooper), 1 is out of form, and 1 is a fullback who can cover.
now if cooper is back then he offers a great attacking threat, but i believe our back row can cause him problems and cut down his space and while he offers alot in attack (although alot of it risky) he is weak in defence. and for any of your fly halves having 6ft+ 14st+ of back running down your channel wont be pleasent.
2) which leads me on to the next point, our physicality, probably have one of the biggest backlines in test match rugby. we can use this to smash the aussie defenders, and while they may be able to tackle them, they will not relish having them run at them over and over again.
3) confidence, while aus have beaten wales twice last year, wales' confidence is high, and this welsh team fears no one, respect them yes but they will not fear the big "3" like previous teams. wales also showed in the six nations how they can control a game and slow it down when they wish- again the england match when a player was sin binned we kept the ball for 8 out of the 11 minutes and kept the score equal.
4) we play to our strengths- we use our big ball carriers too make the hard yards and then release the backs. its simple.

while i would class the aussies as favourites at home, i believe that we should not be taken lightly and i would be disapointed if we did not win one match- and hopefully the series.
but lets just hope its an exciting series aswell!

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sun May 20, 2012 9:16 pm

ButtyBachXV wrote:Very odd, I sign up today post an opinion and now I am an Aussie pretending to be Welsh and have about 8 different accounts to WU people about Welsh rugby. Pretty spectacular effort, is this forum always this daft or can I discuss rugby with people?

That's exactly what someone pretending to be Welsh would say laughing

All true Welshmen know that the skill, grit, determination or any assets whatsoever of the opposition side are completely irrelevant. The only question that'll have impact on the result is whether or not it'll be Wales' day boxing

Certainly a blatantly defeatist attitude in such a good climate of results is cause for major suspicion.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun May 20, 2012 9:18 pm

welshy6 Good post and welcome to the site.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Sun May 20, 2012 9:19 pm

cheers cymroglan, i was on here before, with welshy824, but due to internet and pc issues i have had to create a new user

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun May 20, 2012 9:41 pm

maestegmafia wrote:About time one of the mods checked links between

majesticimperialman
HERSH
anotherworldofpain
BigTrevsbigmac
BarneyMcGrew
sugarNspikes
AussieJakexv
ButtyBachXV

There is no discernable between most* of the posters above - if we can prove that anyone has duplicate account we ban them for breach of site rules.

So I'm going to say this slowly.

It is almost impossible** for the above posters to be multiplie accounts.

*obviously the new posters couldn't be checked before they joined
** Theoretically if one person had access to supersonic transport, and had access to offices in multiple cities it could be managed. But that's a lot of effort to go to just to post on an internet forum.

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Sun May 20, 2012 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun May 20, 2012 9:45 pm

Kiwi if you cant spot the link in this thread then what hope is there.

Before you get the red pen out you should first read the posts first.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun May 20, 2012 9:49 pm

Another bad case of McCarthyism hits the forum.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun May 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:About time one of the mods checked links between

majesticimperialman
HERSH
anotherworldofpain
BigTrevsbigmac
BarneyMcGrew
sugarNspikes
AussieJakexv
ButtyBachXV

Maesteg, you have been told on multiple occasions that there is NO LINK between most* of the posters above - if we can prove that anyone has duplicate account we ban them for breach of site rules.

So I'm going to say this slowly.

It is almost impossible** for the above posters to be multiplie accounts.

*obviously the new posters couldn't be checked before they joined
** Theoretically if one person had access to supersonic transport, and had access to offices in multiple cities it could be managed. But that's a lot of effort to go to just to post on an internet forum.

Read this link. Then work out how you would change your ip address.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/hide-ip

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy6 Sun May 20, 2012 9:52 pm

just a suggestion? we could let people have their own opinions which everyone is entitled to and discuss rugby.
if people wum just be mature and ignore it and lets have a civalised discussion.

god i feel like a parent- and i am only 17!!!!

welshy6

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Sun May 20, 2012 9:53 pm

maesteg seems to know a lot about changing IP addresses. Burn the witch! Laugh

This is getting silly now Shocked

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun May 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks Kiwi! You'll never convince some of these Welsh guys though... shame. The only thing I can agree with them on is that HERSH talks some nonsense at certain times.

Thanks Welshy6! Your comment brought a bit of order back. I disagree about how troubled the Australia defence will be by Cuthbert etc when Wales only managed 2 tries against Italy in the 6 nations but we will see!

Let's just hope it's a good series of attacking rugby and there are no injuries. Hopefully we can discuss the first test here after it happens! Who's baking the humble pie?

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun May 20, 2012 9:58 pm

Another year down the line another period of time for Australia to analyse and re-analyse just what Wales brings to the party. Last season they had the benefit of shock therapy, this year will mean sides will have been doing their homework and finding solutions to the problems Wales likes to throw up for their opposition.

So Australia will be ready for the Welsh way....BUT.......... to write off Halfpenny as a labrador is a severe disservice to labradors and Halfpenny. Labradors are intelligent dogs and versatile with it. They are not show dogs they are working dogs but they have plenty of grace, a big heart and like play that stimulates the mind. Halfpenny is a labrador then and I'd happily have him onboard my ship.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by AussieJakexv Sun May 20, 2012 10:00 pm

I'm more of a German Shepherd man myself!

AussieJakexv

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun May 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Nah, you can't put a decent cup of tea on the back of a German Shepherd. Any dog you can't put a mug of tea on and a few biscuits is a dud in my opinion...

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next