The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown

+5
BoyneRFC
formerly known as Sam
Mickado
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Portnoy
9 posters

Go down

Leinster v Leinster - who'll do best?

The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown Vote_lcap71%The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 10 ]
The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown Vote_lcap29%The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 14

The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown Empty The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown

Post by Portnoy Wed 23 May 2012, 7:11 am

A huge TV audience is expected for this vital showdown, who do you think will do best?
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown Empty Re: The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 23 May 2012, 7:54 am

Laugh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown Empty Re: The huge Leinster v Leicester showdown

Post by Portnoy Wed 23 May 2012, 7:58 am

Using their normal practices, Leinster will be utilising a favourite tactic - gang-tackling the eminence grise and pinning him down.

Queue the muffled refrain from the unseemly ruck
Please release me let me go...
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 23 May 2012, 8:35 am

Laugh I'm hoping that youthful exhuberance will win out.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 23 May 2012, 9:09 am

I'm looking for experience and class to shine through against weight of numbers and media hype in this one.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 23 May 2012, 9:19 am

I'm concerned about Jedwood.

It'd be difficult to name a more worrying pair of out-and-out flankers
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Wed 23 May 2012, 9:57 am

Well Portnay

This might be one game against us you actually have a chance of winning !!

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 23 May 2012, 10:12 am

Yes, because the last two meetings were so decidely one sided...?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 23 May 2012, 10:21 am

BoyneRFC wrote:Well Portnay

I did take legal and theological advice to determine my right to use the two sides' names in the same sentence.

Clearly it's a tough one.

BOD gave me a call this morning threatening eternal damnation. I explained that I'd had a word with JesusCorp and that they'd advised me that it was just permissible. BOD commuted the penalty to purgatory but would be having strong words with his son Wink .
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 May 2012, 10:53 am

Of course it ain't a 'fair' contest though as old Leicester pre-qualified for the final based on the money they could bring to the pot Wink

I think the Irish Eurovision Union will have to go to the powers to be and demand changes to the Englebert ...I mean English Eurovision sytem of free entries.........................................

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 23 May 2012, 10:57 am

SecretFly wrote:Of course it ain't a 'fair' contest though as old Leicester pre-qualified for the final based on the money they could bring to the pot Wink

I think the Irish Eurovision Union will have to go to the powers to be and demand changes to the Englebert ...I mean English Eurovision sytem of free entries.........................................
laughing

It's a moot point really. Does anyone know which Balkan nation's turn it is to win this year?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Wed 23 May 2012, 11:25 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:

Yes, because the last two meetings were so decidely one sided...?

We still won them !!!!!

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 23 May 2012, 11:34 am

You do understand peeps that this is a spoof article?

It breaks the v2 rules as it is not relevant to RU.

It's just a banter.

Wait a minute - I'll post up a serious post to suck any venom out of this one OK
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 May 2012, 11:37 am

Portnoy wrote:You do understand peeps that this is a spoof article?

It breaks the v2 rules as it is not relevant to RU.

It's just a banter.

Wait a minute - I'll post up a serious post to suck any venom out of this one OK

I was going to say something similar. Calm down lads - the serious stats stuff is on other threads out there

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 23 May 2012, 1:29 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Of course it ain't a 'fair' contest though as old Leicester pre-qualified for the final based on the money they could bring to the pot Wink

laughing

It's a moot point really. Does anyone know which Balkan nation's turn it is to win this year?

Azerbaizjan is not a Balkan country!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 23 May 2012, 1:33 pm

Azerbaizjan is not a Balkan country!

Nor is it one in the top ten of Amnesty International's most favoured country list.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 23 May 2012, 1:37 pm

It ranks badly on Tripadvisor too.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed 23 May 2012, 1:42 pm

red_stag wrote:It ranks badly on Tripadvisor too.

Ideal for Jedwood then Staggy.
Yer Jeds should sweep all before them (especially as it goes on dodgy phone votes Erm )
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Wed 23 May 2012, 1:44 pm

red_stag wrote:It ranks badly on Tripadvisor too.

Classic! laughing
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 23 May 2012, 1:48 pm

I know feic all about Eurovision but I heard the big 5 were the ones who automatically qualified. In the context of Eurovision shouldn't that have included Ireland?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 23 May 2012, 1:52 pm

Thomond wrote:I know feic all about Eurovision but I heard the big 5 were the ones who automatically qualified. In the context of Eurovision shouldn't that have included Ireland?

It's to do with TV revenue. Ireland don't have a big enough population to justify it. Plus it would be like giving Brazil automatic qualification to the world cup every year.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 May 2012, 1:52 pm

Big five unfortunately means a word we Irish don't have a lot of but hear an awful lot about in the last few years - money. You pay for the lights and you get access to the final. It's a fair and prosperous world out there - somewhere...if you have a chequebook that doesn't bounce

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 23 May 2012, 1:53 pm

Mickado wrote:
Thomond wrote:I know feic all about Eurovision but I heard the big 5 were the ones who automatically qualified. In the context of Eurovision shouldn't that have included Ireland?

It's to do with TV revenue. Ireland don't have a big enough population to justify it. Plus it would be like giving Brazil automatic qualification to the world cup every year.

I'd willingly do that for the bikini girls in the crowd alone!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 25 May 2012, 10:11 am

Shocking news:
Spoiler:

St Engelbert 14/1
Jedwood 14/1

Personally I think that Father Ted has rigged the market.

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Mon 28 May 2012, 11:10 am

Who engaged Mike ford as Hump's performance coach?

Last edited by Portnoy on Mon 28 May 2012, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sp)
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down