The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Kirwan Chance to Embarrassing RFU

+4
Gunner
HammerofThunor
TycroesOsprey
anotherworldofpain
8 posters

Go down

John Kirwan Chance to Embarrassing RFU Empty John Kirwan Chance to Embarrassing RFU

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 24 May 2012, 12:38 am

After being told to go out from applying to the job as England coach John Kirwan gets the strong combinator to playing England at "HQ".

Will it show the RFU smart chosing in the end?

Or will "JK" making them red faces by starting off England international tour with a hiccup in front of the home crowd?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

John Kirwan Chance to Embarrassing RFU Empty Re: John Kirwan Chance to Embarrassing RFU

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 12:45 am

Come again?

Back to top Go down

John Kirwan Chance to Embarrassing RFU Empty Re: John Kirwan Chance to Embarrassing RFU

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 24 May 2012, 12:49 am

EBOP wrote:Come again?

John Kirwan ask about apply for the job England coach. But RFU tell him he is not experience for apply for this job.

Now he is coach the Barbarians to playing England at Twickenham and so can he win and if he does then will be a bit making ashamed the RFU and some kind of revenge the honour for Mr Kirwan?

Just my small thinking instead of sleep because London is so hot tonight and my window is stuck close.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Thu 24 May 2012, 1:13 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:
EBOP wrote:Come again?

John Kirwan asked about applying for the job of England coach. But RFU told him he was not experienced enough to apply for the job.

Now he is coach of the Barbarians playing England at Twickenham. So can he win? if he does then will it will be embarrassing for the RFU and some kind of revenge for the honour of Mr Kirwan?

Just my small thinking instead of sleep because London is so hot tonight and my window is stuck close.

There fixed that for you thumbsup

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 May 2012, 1:55 am

Good work Tycroes, there's work in an embassy somewhere with your name on it thumbsup

Big ask for JK, may have the team to do it, would make a welcome change. Hard to judge his ability on a one off game mind you.

Jimmy the window with a screwdriver AWP idea

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 24 May 2012, 5:44 am

Does it really matter? It's only the barbarians. If they don't use it to give some fringe guys a chance I'd be disappointed. It's not like it's capped.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Thu 24 May 2012, 5:53 am

JK.
Great player. For sure?
Great coach?
Not for me.
The Auck Blues, Italy and Japan were all fairly mediocre under
his leadership. (Maybe he can be excused for Japan!)
I think RFU were correct on this one.
Barbarians games are becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 24 May 2012, 5:58 am

"Does it really matter?it`s only the Barbarians ?" my God has it come to that?THE most Prestigous Honour aside from a Lions or International Cap.Dismissed like that,IF that`s the attitude I hope England get royally STUFFED.It should be a serious work out for a Squad facing a major task,to win a series in SA something few sides have managed since 1906.France was first 1958,and THAT was a team given no chance of winning there !!!!

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 24 May 2012, 6:01 am

Gunner,be fair and look at what he had to work with,give him an AllBlack,OZ,or Bok squad to work with for 4 years then judge him.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Thu 24 May 2012, 6:06 am

emack2 wrote:Gunner,be fair and look at what he had to work with,give him an AllBlack,OZ,or Bok squad to work with for 4 years then judge him.

He had a good squad of players to work with at the Blues and never really covered himself in glory.
Dont get me wrong JK is well respected as both player and person.
I think he needs successful tenure as either top club/provincial coach before i would take him on as coach of high ranked team.

Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 24 May 2012, 6:21 am

emack2 wrote:"Does it really matter?it`s only the Barbarians ?" my God has it come to that?THE most Prestigous Honour aside from a Lions or International Cap.Dismissed like that,IF that`s the attitude I hope England get royally STUFFED.It should be a serious work out for a Squad facing a major task,to win a series in SA something few sides have managed since 1906.France was first 1958,and THAT was a team given no chance of winning there !!!!

The value of any honour is subjective. That's my opinion and I don't see why my personal opinion should change whether you want England stuffed or not. The fact it's scheduled for the same weekend as the Jeff final suggests I'm not the only one. I (I stress the 'I') find them dull and pointless.

Players missing

Cole, Marler, Grey, Parling, Robson, Robshaw, Croft (injured but would have been in final), Care, Youngs, Flood, Allen, Tuilagi, Turner-Hall, Lowe, Brown and Monye. So 16 players out the 42. 7 out of the arguable 1st choice 15 and several from the bench. It gives the coaches a chance to see some of the players before the tour (and a few not going). That's it. Win or lose I really don't care.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Thu 24 May 2012, 6:57 am

You are of course entitled to you r opinion as I am to mine,Barbarians used to be a bench mark to test yourselves against.As you rightly point out many players are missing so perhaps.Not really much point playing the game at all is there ?

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 24 May 2012, 7:26 am

As I said, it gives the coaches a chance to see/blood some new players. Also, aren't they for charity?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 24 May 2012, 7:33 am

HammerofThunor wrote:
emack2 wrote:"Does it really matter?it`s only the Barbarians ?" my God has it come to that?THE most Prestigous Honour aside from a Lions or International Cap.Dismissed like that,IF that`s the attitude I hope England get royally STUFFED.It should be a serious work out for a Squad facing a major task,to win a series in SA something few sides have managed since 1906.France was first 1958,and THAT was a team given no chance of winning there !!!!

The value of any honour is subjective. That's my opinion and I don't see why my personal opinion should change whether you want England stuffed or not. The fact it's scheduled for the same weekend as the Jeff final suggests I'm not the only one. I (I stress the 'I') find them dull and pointless.

Players missing

Cole, Marler, Grey, Parling, Robson, Robshaw, Croft (injured but would have been in final), Care, Youngs, Flood, Allen, Tuilagi, Turner-Hall, Lowe, Brown and Monye. So 16 players out the 42. 7 out of the arguable 1st choice 15 and several from the bench. It gives the coaches a chance to see some of the players before the tour (and a few not going). That's it. Win or lose I really don't care.

Add in the likes of Wood, Lawes and Clarke who probably wouldve been in the 42 and two of them probably in the first choice side . Is sharples still injured too? Of course Morgan is missing (With Easter,Haskell and Waldrom out thats 5 of the top 6 number 8s). Is Ashton available, he didnt play in the semi ? Then theres the likes of Haskell on holiday

Englands squad looked the Saxons before the unavailable players, now its a who isnt who of the premiership against a rag tag bunch of players worried about their tax bills. Fun day out, not a serious game or remotely a proper england side...although at least its easier to justify lancaster only picking saracens players now.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 24 May 2012, 7:35 am

Seabiscuit, are you trying to parody Beshocked? Smile

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 24 May 2012, 7:35 am

EBOP wrote:Good work Tycroes, there's work in an embassy somewhere with your name on it thumbsup

Big ask for JK, may have the team to do it, would make a welcome change. Hard to judge his ability on a one off game mind you.

Jimmy the window with a screwdriver AWP idea

Well last person was painting close the window. I don't understanding this behaviour. On the weekend I will making the new window and fix up the sash. What is wrong with people to take old beautiful windows and treat like bad criminal way? Anyway I need to fixing so in summer I will be sleep properly and not up late making the posting here and so tired for work in the morning.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Thu 24 May 2012, 9:57 am

You are at the moment, you can try the TOG duvet Well maybe the lower 10. Maybe 20 minutes before bedtime - Nytol or. For information on purchasing air conditioning or how small.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Thu 24 May 2012, 10:43 am

@Anotherworld. Interesting point, I was one of those thinking Kirwan would have been a inspired choice for Backs Coach.

I think there will be some entertaining rugby played and I am expecting a Baa Baa win Shocked

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down