The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homepage XV

+13
Beer
nick_fury
Russell_Elmo
Amy
sodhat
Trebs
cherriesfna
Bull
Marky
Fernando
The Special Juan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Hero
17 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Homepage XV - Page 20 Empty Homepage XV

Post by Hero Thu 24 May 2012, 8:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

606V2 EURODivision

Announcements

Everyone in League A (who votes on League B) send their results to Hero.
Everyone in League B (who votes on League A) send their results to TSC

TACTICS NEED TO BE IN THIS WEDNESDAY (11PM) FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF SEASON 2.

To Qualify for the £2M Bonus, teams need to post their tactics by Midnight on Wednesday and PM their results by Midnight on Friday

NEW RULES!!!!

Spoiler:

League Breakdown and Rules

Spoiler:

League A

Athletico Bilbao Baggins FC - HeroReal Ale Sociedad - TwisTAC ALittleSilhouetteoOfAMan (AC ALSOAM) - MarkyStraight-Edge United - TheBrahmaBullCunning Canaries FC - ollyrules
Viva City - VivaPaulScholesTreble's Revenge - onlytreblewinners

Go Ahead Pigeons - Russell_Elmo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League B

The London Silly Nannies - sodhatJacamos United - TSCFC Furious - nick_furySporting Sideburns FC - GavAFC Swamp Donkeys - fernando
FC United of Bournemouth Town and Boscombe City Wanderers Athletic Football Club - cherriesfanBorussia Munchingballsack - Sainty

City Of Norwich FC - ncfc_Tooze

Last edited by Hero on Tue 29 May 2012, 10:53 am; edited 3 times in total

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Homepage XV - Page 20 Empty Re: Homepage XV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 29 May 2012, 3:18 pm

I can't be arsed to do anything at the moment. I should probably revise for me exam tomorrow.

Where is Viva today?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 29 May 2012, 3:30 pm

Viva is currently crying as his phone isnt coming tomorrow. Or hes planning world domination so he can effectively crucsh 3 Mobile

nick_fury

Location : More West Coast than Viva & even further West Coast than Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 29 May 2012, 3:32 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
ollyrules wrote:
BigFellasAfro wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18252456

Anyone read this.

I was starting to appreciate Froch's boxing a bit more, but once again his ego puts me off liking him. How can he say what he has said with only 29 fights and when he has lost to Kessler, who Calzaghe beat.

I hope he gets another Kessler fight and Kessler shows him what a really good boxer looks like.

I don't think he is better than Calzaghe but if he can beat Kessler and then maybe Ward I would say he is. At the moment he is just behind. He is a great warrior

If he can beat Ward and Kessler then yes, but both of them have already outclassed him and I see no reason why Froch could reverse either results. A good boxer and worthy of world titles, but he has not yet proved himself worthy of the group he puts himself into.

I don't think Kessler outclassed him - it was a close decision, and one I'd back Froch to reverse in any rematch.

Ward is a cut above though, the number 3 p4p for me in the world and I don't see any SMW beating him at the moment.

Froch's opponents in his last 8 fights have been nothing short of incredible - his resume reads of someone who shirks no one and he deserves plaudits for that.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 29 May 2012, 3:39 pm

In hindsight after the Froch v Bute fight we probably majorly overrated Bute. Sure he was champion but he had never fought anyone from the Super Six tournament and in fact had fought some very poor fighters who made him look better than he is. He will have to improve greatly to get up to the level of the Froch, Ward, Abraham, Kessler's of this world
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 29 May 2012, 3:40 pm

Alright, looking to sort out some deals now OK

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 29 May 2012, 3:40 pm

onlytreblewinners wrote:Alright, looking to sort out some deals now OK

GIVE ME MONIES!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 29 May 2012, 3:40 pm

I did reply to your enq trebs

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 29 May 2012, 3:41 pm

Yep, and I replied back to you OK

Olly, depends. If I can get a right back sorted and have the required cash, I will deal.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 29 May 2012, 3:43 pm

ollyrules wrote:In hindsight after the Froch v Bute fight we probably majorly overrated Bute. Sure he was champion but he had never fought anyone from the Super Six tournament and in fact had fought some very poor fighters who made him look better than he is. He will have to improve greatly to get up to the level of the Froch, Ward, Abraham, Kessler's of this world

It was hard to judge based on who he had faced, but considering his attributes and the fact he had knocked off Johnson more handily than Froch could, many people believed he would beat Froch coming off the Ward performance.

I would say Bute is the level below Froch, Ward, Kessler, Dirrell etc, but could still come back and prove to be good enough. Needs to defend a little tighter though, that's for sure.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 29 May 2012, 3:44 pm

sodhat wrote:
BigFellasAfro wrote:
ollyrules wrote:

Anyone read this.

I was starting to appreciate Froch's boxing a bit more, but once again his ego puts me off liking him. How can he say what he has said with only 29 fights and when he has lost to Kessler, who Calzaghe beat.

I hope he gets another Kessler fight and Kessler shows him what a really good boxer looks like.

I don't think he is better than Calzaghe but if he can beat Kessler and then maybe Ward I would say he is. At the moment he is just behind. He is a great warrior

If he can beat Ward and Kessler then yes, but both of them have already outclassed him and I see no reason why Froch could reverse either results. A good boxer and worthy of world titles, but he has not yet proved himself worthy of the group he puts himself into.

I don't think Kessler outclassed him - it was a close decision, and one I'd back Froch to reverse in any rematch.

Ward is a cut above though, the number 3 p4p for me in the world and I don't see any SMW beating him at the moment.

Froch's opponents in his last 8 fights have been nothing short of incredible - his resume reads of someone who shirks no one and he deserves plaudits for that.

I think Kessler was always comfortable against Froch and the scores didn't reflect the actual fight. In fairness Froch has come on a lot, so maybe you are right about that one.

I would actually be interested to Bute against Ward as Ward is not a puncher and may be more suited to Bute's style. Ward would still win, but Bute would regain a lot of credit.

In that list of 8 fights, credit that Froch has fought the big names I agree. However, only one of them really deserves top class billing and has lived up to the hype.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 29 May 2012, 3:48 pm

Ok the following players are available at Cunning Canaries FC:
Victor Moses
Elliott Bennett
Steve Morison

MAKE BIDS PLZ
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 29 May 2012, 3:48 pm

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Sky Sources: Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins holds 2 hour meeting with Brendan Rodgers #SSN

Bit interesting considering Rodgers has suddenly become favourite for the Liverpool job with many bookies
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 29 May 2012, 3:55 pm

Afro did you hear about the two horses that died in the big horse race? Well in your face you and Nick should be ashamed supporting brutal sports that kill animals and whats really bad is the amount of money people put on it.

Afro how would you like it if I was jumping on your back forcing you to jump over 4 foot hedges while smashing your brains with a whip and demanding you to run as fast as you can in one of the most dangerous sports ever and when you break your leg I just kill you without any care or remorse.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 29 May 2012, 3:55 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
sodhat wrote:
BigFellasAfro wrote:
ollyrules wrote:

Anyone read this.

I would actually be interested to Bute against Ward as Ward is not a puncher and may be more suited to Bute's style. Ward would still win, but Bute would regain a lot of credit.

If he had beaten Froch then I think that would be what we would see. Who knows, if they go ahead with the rematch in Canada and he can win convincingly maybe it can still happen.

Ward would do to Bute as he did to Froch though I imagine. Suffocate him and take it on points. He frustrated Froch so badly that I can't believe he'd want to chase a rematch other than for money! I don't see him beating him at all, and I think maybe a rematch with Kessler and then a step up to LHW is the best move for him.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 29 May 2012, 3:58 pm

NEW SEASON 2 HOME PAGE UP OK

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 29 May 2012, 4:03 pm

VivaPaulScholes wrote:Afro did you hear about the two horses that died in the big horse race? Well in your face you and Nick should be ashamed supporting brutal sports that kill animals and whats really bad is the amount of money people put on it.

Afro how would you like it if I was jumping on your back forcing you to jump over 4 foot hedges while smashing your brains with a whip and demanding you to run as fast as you can in one of the most dangerous sports ever and when you break your leg I just kill you without any care or remorse.

I didn't see it Viva. I don't follow horse racing.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 29 May 2012, 4:04 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:
VivaPaulScholes wrote:Afro did you hear about the two horses that died in the big horse race? Well in your face you and Nick should be ashamed supporting brutal sports that kill animals and whats really bad is the amount of money people put on it.

I didn't see it Viva. I don't follow horse racing.

Good man OK

Close this topic please or people will continue to post on it.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20