The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football racism

+13
Il Gialloblu
Derbyblue
Liam
TopHat24/7
Duty281
dondelero
eirebilly
JamesLincs
The Special Juan
mystiroakey
Crimey
GSC
azania
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Football racism - Page 3 Empty Football racism

Post by azania Fri 25 May 2012, 9:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Walcott#s family are not attending. Oxlade-Chamberlain's family are not attending, Lescott's family also not attending. The foreign office has issued warnings for black and asian fans should take care when going theere. If the bigot's throw out racist insults atthe French, English. Portuguese and other black players, would they be justified in walking and refusing to play?

What is it about football that attracts the lowest common denominator within society?

azania

Back to top Go down

Football racism - Page 3 Empty Re: Football racism

Post by mystiroakey Tue 29 May 2012, 6:42 pm

really

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 30 May 2012, 7:41 am

FreekShow wrote:I could actually see Mario Ballotelli walking no problem.

Good shout.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18260738
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 30 May 2012, 10:00 am

What's the ethnicity of the referees?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 30 May 2012, 11:10 am

After watching panorama I was horrified by the level of racism in Poland and Ukraine. There is no way this tournament should be going ahead.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 30 May 2012, 11:10 am

the refs will be uefa refs- well what i mean by that as normal refs from all the european leagues- and a ref from a certain nationality cant ref its own team

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 11:34 am

Gregers wrote:After watching panorama I was horrified by the level of racism in Poland and Ukraine. There is no way this tournament should be going ahead.

The violent attack against those asian fans was quite sickening.

Were do these Neanderthals come from?

I have a friend of Pakistani descent who studied medicine in the Ukraine. He said the level of racism and xenophobia is incredible. He was attacked on four occasions in the space of five years. Two of those attacks took place on campus! It was a common experience for foreigners.

Back to top Go down

Post by dondelero Wed 30 May 2012, 11:35 am

Gregers wrote:After watching panorama I was horrified by the level of racism in Poland and Ukraine. There is no way this tournament should be going ahead.

Unfortunately many of the officials don't actually think these countries have a problem. The only way it MAY be acknowledged is if someone loses their life.

dondelero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed 30 May 2012, 12:52 pm

I'de recommend watching Ross Kemp on Gangs in Poland aswell, which sheds even more light on the problems in Poland.

However a thing to point out is this is the minority of fans attending football matches, most turn up to support their team in a non violent and non offensive way. I seem to remember before the 2010 world cup, that reports were making out that anyone who went would be mugged on every street corner and that any women alone would be sexually assaulted at every turn.

Racism is everywhere sadly at football matches though, I was at Blackburn Chelsea late last year, just after the Terry incident and a women near me was shouting some very offensive racial slurs through out the match (She was taken off by the police shortly after). Hopefully this euros will pass without any major problems, and the few idiots that try to spoil it with their sick beliefs will not be heard. I support any players decision to walk off the pitch if they are being abused, however this can cause a problem in itself since it just gives these sick people what they want.

I'de be much more worried about Russia 2018 anyway, over there they are much more organised and violent, and they are starting to have worrying political ambitions.

Hopefully we can all sit back on July 1st and say that was a great football tournament that didn't have any major problems, and with good football being played. Hopefully.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 31 May 2012, 5:34 pm

The Awesome Giz wrote:I'de recommend watching Ross Kemp on Gangs in Poland aswell, which sheds even more light on the problems in Poland.

However a thing to point out is this is the minority of fans attending football matches, most turn up to support their team in a non violent and non offensive way. I seem to remember before the 2010 world cup, that reports were making out that anyone who went would be mugged on every street corner and that any women alone would be sexually assaulted at every turn.

Racism is everywhere sadly at football matches though, I was at Blackburn Chelsea late last year, just after the Terry incident and a women near me was shouting some very offensive racial slurs through out the match (She was taken off by the police shortly after). Hopefully this euros will pass without any major problems, and the few idiots that try to spoil it with their sick beliefs will not be heard. I support any players decision to walk off the pitch if they are being abused, however this can cause a problem in itself since it just gives these sick people what they want.

I think the Panorama programme made it clear it is more than a minority. A minority is 20 or 30 fans, a bit like hooligans at British games. This was hundreds, maybe thousands, whole blocks of violent racist supporters.

Plus, the 'minority' arugment becomes irrelevant when the police stand by and do nothing. It was only a 'minority' (being about 8-10) fans that went to kick the heads in of those Pakistani students, but they still did.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 31 May 2012, 6:07 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
The Awesome Giz wrote:I'de recommend watching Ross Kemp on Gangs in Poland aswell, which sheds even more light on the problems in Poland.

I think the Panorama programme made it clear it is more than a minority. A minority is 20 or 30 fans, a bit like hooligans at British games. This was hundreds, maybe thousands, whole blocks of violent racist supporters.

Plus, the 'minority' arugment becomes irrelevant when the police stand by and do nothing. It was only a 'minority' (being about 8-10) fans that went to kick the heads in of those Pakistani students, but they still did.
Think it was made even worse by the local head of police explaining the Nazi salute as them "pointing at the other fans" which really shows their attitude towards stopping racism.

From the footage it seems like anything but a minority of the fans, and it shows just how bad it is when they abuse their own teams players and fellow fans. As it's too late for UEFA to do anything we have to hope that being on the world stage will make them sort out their issues to show that they've changed, though keeping it up forever and not just the tournament would be the hard bit.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:30 pm

Platini: Racism protestors who walk will be booked

More evidence that the establishment have no interest in tackling this problem.

http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/platini-racism-protestors-who-walk-will-be-booked

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:31 pm

They comments were shocking, Blatter is an idiot.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:32 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18338838

Lets get all the facts out there.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:35 pm

Liverpool's Dani Pacheco called Glen Johnson negrito on twitter early.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:41 pm

yeah you see this is the problem- he just said it because its inbread in him to say it!

he didnt mean offence- but blimey you would think these players are briefed on what they can put on twitter- jeasus- at this moment in time , its kinda mental!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:41 am

Fernando wrote:Liverpool's Dani Pacheco called Glen Johnson negrito on twitter early.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/9315789/Liverpools-Dani-Pacheco-defends-negrito-tweet-to-Glen-Johnson-in-bid-to-curb-potential-race-row.html

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:43 am

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18338838

Lets get all the facts out there.

How does that article differ to the MSN sport's one? I don't see any new 'facts'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:14 pm

And we have our first outbreak of racism at Euro 2012 according to BBC Sportsday:

"A small group of protesters targeted the Netherlands training ground in the Polish city of Krakow, a senior Uefa official has confirmed, but denied the demonstrations were racist. Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf had said that a handful of the 25,000 fans who turned up had made monkey noises at the side's black players during the warm-up."

Disgusting. Wonder if anything will happen to the England players who are also training in Krakow.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 2:29 pm

Duty281 wrote:And we have our first outbreak of racism at Euro 2012 according to BBC Sportsday:

"A small group of protesters targeted the Netherlands training ground in the Polish city of Krakow, a senior Uefa official has confirmed, but denied the demonstrations were racist. Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf had said that a handful of the 25,000 fans who turned up had made monkey noises at the side's black players during the warm-up."

Disgusting. Wonder if anything will happen to the England players who are also training in Krakow.
Doh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 07 Jun 2012, 3:08 pm

25 thousand fans- wow thats alot!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 09 Jun 2012, 2:12 pm

According to the Associated Press:

Anti-racism experts say they identified racist abuse and far-right Russian flags during the second Euro 2012 match on Friday.

The Football Against Racism in Europe (Fare) network says Czech Republic defender Theodor Gebre Selassie was racially abused during Russia's 4-1 win in Wroclaw.

Fare director Piara Powar told AP that imperial "Russian Empire" flags were displayed.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:36 pm

Anybody hear Mark Lawrenson tonight describe a German fan covered in an all black lyrca suit as "looking like Eric the eel"? Oh dear...

We may hear more about this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:48 pm

FreekShow wrote:Anybody hear Mark Lawrenson tonight describe a German fan covered in an all black lyrca suit as "looking like Eric the eel"? Oh dear...

We may hear more about this.
Exactly what I thought! Wasn't a good choice of words, imagine they'll be getting some complaints about it.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:06 pm

It's all over Twitter apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:50 pm

Would expect some sort of statement/action from the BBC over the incident due to the amount that racism and this tournament have already been linked and they won't want fingers being pointed at them.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:52 pm

i hope its just forgotten about- Guy was trying to be funny- he failed.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:53 pm

I think that if enough noise is made Lawrenson could be in the dole queue come Monday morning. The guy is always prone to making the odd idiotic statement but this...well...

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 19 Jun 2012, 4:27 pm

Croatian Football Federation fined £65,000 for racist and improper chanting by UEFA.

This is what is wrong. You cannot stop racism by fining Football Federations, they have millions and millions of pounds, what is £65,000 to them, and what is that fine for racist chanting, if your going to fine a federation for racist chanting by their fans, then fine them a ridiculous amount.

It brings me back to the argument that if your going to really kick out racism you need to deduct points from the countries qualifying campaigns, then that will show the fans that they will be costing their countries chances of progressing to major tournaments, and will hopefully discourage them from chanting their disgraceful beliefs.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 19 Jun 2012, 4:34 pm

Deduct points off next qualifying. Fine millions. job done

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3