The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An interesting announcement from the Wasps

+4
HongKongCherry
Shifty
DaveM
Portnoy
8 posters

Go down

An interesting announcement from the Wasps Empty An interesting announcement from the Wasps

Post by Portnoy Wed May 30, 2012 4:03 am

Date: Mon 28 May 2012 Next Previous
Platinum Membership renewal period begins
London Wasps CEO Chris Thomas launches the renewal period for all existing Platinum Members

"As you are aware we have been unable up to this point to release our Season Ticket Holder packages for next season.

This has been due to the on-going work we are doing behind the scenes in relation to a change of ownership.

I am pleased to say that we have made significant progress in this process and we are nearing the finalisation of a very positive deal for the Club.

As a result, the Club believes it is in a good position now to launch the period of renewal for Platinum Members for the coming season after which all of our packages will go on sale to the general public.

In discussion with those involved in taking the Club forward, it has been decided that no changes will be made to existing membership packages in terms of structure and pricing.

All Platinum Members from the 2011/12 season will be posted details of how they can renew in the coming days, with an exclusive window available for you to renew your existing seats for next season running until June 29. After this time all seats will go on general sale, while the remaining packages (Gold, Silver, Bronze and Club Memberships) will also be available for purchase.

While we cannot yet identify to you who will be involved in the Club going forward in terms of ownership, it is worth saying that any money collected from Platinum Membership renewals will be placed in a protected account, to ensure that while the ownership process continues, you can feel confident that your investment in the Club is safe.

We have worked very hard this year on ensuring that Platinum Members have had a wide range of added benefits throughout the season, and it’s great to hear that offers such as guest tickets for friends along with food and beverage discounts, have gone down well. These will continue along with access to exclusive events for Platinum Members throughout the season.

Details of the Platinum Membership packages for 2012/13 and how you can renew are available on the Platinum Membership 12/13 area of the website and you can renew via post, online or over the phone.

Double Devotion Members will also recieve a letter from the Club in the coming days confirming their places once again next season and thanking them for their ongoing support,

Hope to see you back next season"

Chris Thomas
London Wasps CEO

http://www.wasps.co.uk/news/wasps33167.ink

Will the Falcons be relegated? The clock ticks and the wasps go ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

An interesting announcement from the Wasps Empty Re: An interesting announcement from the Wasps

Post by DaveM Wed May 30, 2012 6:48 am

I don't think Wasps care if Falcons go down. It looks like the takeover is complete. Wasps have a surprisingly strong squad, and I think they'll be more interested in top 6 than relegation next season.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

An interesting announcement from the Wasps Empty Re: An interesting announcement from the Wasps

Post by Shifty Wed May 30, 2012 7:47 am

Get a decent coach and they might have a chance! laughing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Wed May 30, 2012 9:30 am

Another interesting annoucement is they have signed Tommy Bell from Sale. This is a minor disaster for Sale (two of the players they loaned to Leeds last season have chosen to move on - maybe they felt unloved?) but an excelent signing for Wasps. I think there may be a little of Alex Goode in Bell, although he could develop more into a FH than a FB as time goes by.

Very decent prospect.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed May 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Totally agree DaveM, the signing of Bell is a bit of a coup as he is a very promising player.

Whilst I can't see Wasps being a top 6 team next season if they can keep their young players together they have the makings of a very strong side in a few years time.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed May 30, 2012 7:56 pm

two of the players they loaned to Leeds last season have chosen to move on

Who's the other one?

That's an awful peice of news for Sale, Bell is a good young prospect who could have been an excellent bench option covering 10 and 15 for Sale next season. Wasps must be chuffed at getting him in to learn off Stephan Jones in the short term and be a long term 10 option for them.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed May 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Whilst I'm a Falcons fan (and ready to take the hit and go down - although the antics of a certain Chairman in a certain 'Oxford' club seem a bit OTT) I do feel sorry for the Wasps, they must feel like they are walking a tightrope at the minute.

Whats their deadline of naming new owners - I presume they cannot start the season in this condition?
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed May 30, 2012 9:41 pm

I fear that the Falcons are the the most impacted by this legal b/s'ery.

In what way can they make reasonable business plans for next season?

Wasps and LW will know full well that that these legalistic and financial twists and turns leave the Falcons as an innocent party wedged in an impossible position.

Anyone recall a time when RU was a sport?

Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Wed May 30, 2012 10:47 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:Totally agree DaveM, the signing of Bell is a bit of a coup as he is a very promising player.

Whilst I can't see Wasps being a top 6 team next season if they can keep their young players together they have the makings of a very strong side in a few years time.

Yes great signing for us - he may have course been influenced by his older brother Chris who plays at centre for Wasps. Well done Chris if thats the case!

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Wed May 30, 2012 11:04 pm

From reading between the lines, the Falcons are going ahead at full tilt and it doesn't matter which league we are playing in.

Seymore and Deano are hoping for Jeff but are prepared to play championship.

Lucky Seymore has enthusiasm and deep pockets!
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Wed May 30, 2012 11:08 pm

TrailApe wrote:

From reading between the lines, the Falcons are going ahead at full tilt and it doesn't matter which league we are playing in.

Seymore and Deano are hoping for Jeff but are prepared to play championship.

Lucky Seymore has enthusiasm and deep pockets!

If Seymore has has bottomless pockets, TA, how come he made his money?

Not by not knowing his expected income stream I'll be bound.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Thu May 31, 2012 1:01 am

I see what you are getting at, and I agree that long term plans need to have as few variables as possible.

However, he took over when the club was almost in freefall, relegation seemed assured, the coaches didn't have a clue and the players looked like they were sleepwalking. So I'm guessing that plan A caters for a years sabbatical in the championship.

Not even the most optimistic fan thought that at the end of the season that our destiny would be in our own hands. We all hoped, especially when Gold was brought in, and there was talk of playing the 'Great Escape' tune prior to kick off, but in our heart of hearts we knew going down was a distinct possibility - nay - almost a certainty.

I think we have all taken heart how the last few games of the season played out but if anybody deserves to go down its us - this year anyway.

Now if Wasps implode and LW are stymed, we won't insist on leaving the premiership, but I would be suprised if a years championship rugby wasn't in our plans.

Its all a balls up though innit?

TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu May 31, 2012 1:11 am

They are signing some pretty decent players with the likes of Haskell, Palmer, Stephan Jones, Tommy Bell and Ashley Johnson ahead of next season. Front row might be an issue, though I heard rumours Dai Young was stealing a young Welsh talent (shock horror).

Payne, Lindsay, Talufo(sp?)
Palmer, Wentzel
Haskell, Johnson, Poff
Simpson, Jones
Waldouck, Daley
Wade, Southwell, Varndell

Bench ?, ?, ?, Birkett, Launchbury, Berry, T Bell, C Bell.

Basis of a pretty decent side once some of the blanks are filled in and the squad is fleshed out a bit (particularly the front row).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Thu May 31, 2012 3:28 am

We have signed hooker Rhys Thomas & strong rumour that All Black prop Neemia Tialata will be added to the squad soon!

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Thu May 31, 2012 9:00 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
two of the players they loaned to Leeds last season have chosen to move on

Who's the other one?

Ian Thornley decided to return to Wigan, despite Diamond having spoken in public about him being part of Sale's future.

I thought Dai Young did a great job with the scrum last season, turning them into a repectable unit despite a lack of star quality.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu May 31, 2012 9:16 am

You gotta wonder with Haskeell though, I mean hes just had tio run off to the SH for a year because the last club he was with imploded financially...now hes signing for Wasps who are acting like Chealsea despite not having anyone who even wants to own then let alone any kind of significant income to slow down the rate they are losing money

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu May 31, 2012 7:22 pm

Ian Thornley decided to return to Wigan, despite Diamond having spoken in public about him being part of Sale's future

He was making slow progress, that will be disappointing for Sale after they spent time and money developing him. I did wonder for a second if anyone had got their hands on the OC Addison, give his pace and potential it wouldn't supprise me if teams weren't keeping an eye on his contract situation.

We have signed hooker Rhys Thomas & strong rumour that All Black prop Neemia Tialata will be added to the squad soon!

Good signings there. If they can get the pair of them in that would do much to aid the coaching Young has been offering to the front row. Can't imagine Tialata will come for peanuts so where are Wasps finding the cash? I know they've released some reasonably expensive players (Broster, Webber, Flutey, Haughton) and had some big names retire (Worsley, Hart, Rees, DWS) but even so they were losing £2m a year and will need to start clawing that back somehow (squad reduction being the easiest way).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down