The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Masters

+17
NedB-H
Redrage
oldshanker
vinyl1
licence_007
Doc
Kay Fabe
sharrison01
LondonJonnyO
HumanWindmill
Grizzly
SmithersJones
McLaren
pedro
Hibbz
Davie
Maverick
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Masters - Page 2 Empty The Masters

Post by Maverick Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

So golfs first official major has landed, it marks a symbolic moment for many golfers around the land, its the time many a fair weather player dusts off their clubs and returns to the course. It also see's the majority now recognising the official start of the proper playing season and many clubs return to proper tees instead of winter mats and the fingers get crossed that the weather holds so they can play a round during the day and watch their favourites of a night, this combined with many juniors during their weekend play pretending to be shooting down the likes of big phil and tiger with a 10footer for the win on the final green before they beg their parents for a late night soiree to watch their idols do what they dream of.

It's possibly the most prestigious of the majors in the way that you still have to officially be invited to compete at Augusta national and take your place amongst it's folklore as its the major with the smallest field of the big four events.

The idea for Augusta National originated with Bobby Jones, who wanted to build a golf course after his retirement from the game. He sought advice from Clifford Roberts, who later became the Chairman of the club. They came across a piece of land in Augusta, Georgia, of which Jones said: "Perfect! And to think this ground has been lying here all these years waiting for someone to come along and lay a golf course upon it." Jones hired Alister MacKenzie to design the course, and work began in 1931. The course formally opened in 1933, but MacKenzie died before the first Masters Tournament was played.

Jones had originally petitioned the USGA to hold the U.S. Open at Augusta but the USGA denied the petition citing the hot Georgia summers would create difficult playing conditions. After the USGA denied the petition Jones and Clifford decided to hold their own event earlier than the US Open so The first "Augusta National Invitation" Tournament, as the Masters was originally known, began on March 22, 1934, and was won by Horton Smith. The present name was adopted in 1939. The first tournament was played with current holes 10 through 18 played as the first nine, and 1 through 9 as the second nine then reversed permanently to its present layout for the 1935 tournament. The name the Masters was penned for the 1939 event and it has remained this ever since.

It has many traditions unique to the event that can only be upheld due to it being at the same venue each year for example the Champions Locker room that each winner gets to use for the rest of their career and return trips to the venue (what many don't know though is that they do not get their own individual lockers as it's only a small room they have to share, it's 1 locker to each 2 champions) The Champions dinner held on the Tuesday night before the event begins held in the club library and the menu picked by the last champion was brought in at the suggestion of Ben Hogan in 1959. The Crows nest that offers free onsite accomodation in the clubhouse used by many a famous amateur and former champions such as Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods, the last 2 well known europeans to stay there are italians Ed Molinari and Matteo Mannassero.

It has thrown up some great memories and marvellous victories for some, but crushing defeats for others, Nicklaus 6x a champion and the oldest champion at 46. Woods with his record breaking 1st major title in 1997. Faldos hunting down of Greg Norman in 1996 and Norman suffering defeat to a Mize chip in at 11. No European had managed victory at Augusta prior to Seve's 1st win their in 1980 but they went on to dominate in the 80's and 90's with Seve taking a further victory, Langers 2 wins, Faldos 3 titles, Olazabal taking 2 and one after long layoff and Woosie and Lyle 1 title a piece to complete the Euro domination that has now slid back to an American dominance. Yet surprisingly considering how long the tournament has been running only 5 victories have gone to a left handed player and 3 of those are Micklesons alone.

It has wide vast fairways and some extreme undulations, and then theirs The second shot at the 11th, all of the 12th, and the tee shot at the 13th hole at Augusta which are nicknamed "Amen Corner." This term was first used in print by author Herbert Warren Wind in his April 21, 1958 Sports Illustrated article about the Masters that year.

Theres so much that i could go on and on but you will probably be fast asleep by the time you read it all, but needless to say the Masters is a very special event and one that lives long in the hearts and minds of many when they remember wonderous moments like Sarazens Double Eagle on the 13th, Jacks win at 46years old, Sandy Lyles 7iron out of the fairway bunker at 18 and not forgetting Big Phils marvellous long iron through the trees out of the pine needles to the 13th green. Moments we will always remember and say where were you when that happened all defining moments of careers and lives.

Lets have a quick look at this years runners and riders, i've picked just a couple 1 obvious favourite and a couple of outsiders and then maybe to finish a brief Master trivia qiuz for the craic.

Players: Mickelson back into winning ways at the Shell Houston Open and carrying 2 drivers in his bag for the Masters. You can never count out Big Phil in an event like this

Goosen: Hits a soft high draw ideal for Augusta, great iron player and knows how to win big and has pedigree at this event but can he get the putter working

Donald: Improved his accuracy but thats not an issue with the targets being almost unmissable off the Augusta tees, his iron play and short game not to mention his touch on the greens could see Luke right in contention this week on those greens i wouldn't bet against him

Stricker: Very straight of the tee and can almost place his drives at will at times, one of if no the best wedge player on the PGA tour and again a great putter, can he do a Zach Johnson and win solely with a wedge and a putter, if the bad weather continues this week as its begun out their don't bet against this guy or Donald going close.

Finally the Masters quick fire 10 trivia questions.

1. Who Was the last club pro to win the Masters and who is his famous son
2. What Year did the club begin to award the green Jacket to the winner
3. Whats unique about the torphy awarded to the winner unlike any other major (and its not its shape)
4. Who designed the original layout at Jones request
5. Who was the 1st international winner and what year was it
6.Other than big phil who are the only left handed winners of the event
7.What was Greg Norman the first man to do having completed his 1st round at the 1996 Masters
8.Which former champions birthday falls on Masters saturday this year
9.Who is the bridge on the 12th Named after
10. What do Angel Cabrera and Trevor Immelman have in common following their masters victories.

Guys enjoy the tournament and lets see what pans out.

(Mods a sticky if you please)

Maverick

Back to top Go down

The Masters - Page 2 Empty Re: The Masters

Post by pedro Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:20 pm

Nice quiz Mav, keep them coming...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:33 pm

I'd like to add a question to the quiz:

How many stills of flowers and stone bridges will we see during the first two days of Masters TV coverage?
A. More than 50% of the time.
B. More than 75% of the time.
C. 100% of the time. We have to follow the scoring on the internet.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:37 pm

Gents, do you want the chatbox open for the Par 3?

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:40 pm

It's already open for the wussball isn't it?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:44 pm

Yeah, but we're not exclusive!

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 06 Apr 2011, 11:51 pm

We now know who will not win the masters. Luke Donald. Sad for him and anyone supporting him.

Oh and was the Sky coverage the miracle some had been claiming it to be. Or are most people already wishing it was back on the beeb?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 07 Apr 2011, 7:08 am

There was nothing wrong with Coverage of the Par3 event it was a fun light hearted event and Sky managed to capture that and keep their coverage just such in a way to reflect that. If anyone was expecting it to be more than that then that's only their fault if they are disappointed

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Thu 07 Apr 2011, 8:50 am

Yesterday was the first time I'd seen the par 3 tourny, fair play to Sky for showing it.
It's not serious, there is a relaxed family feel about it and I think it was great to see all the kids taking putts on the green (did get very embarrassed when one 4 year old put a 12 footer to within 3 inches !).
As others commented yesterday it was great seeing a different course at Augusta and the players enjoying themselves before the important stuff begins

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:54 am

McLaren wrote:We now know who will not win the masters. Luke Donald. Sad for him and anyone supporting him.

Oh and was the Sky coverage the miracle some had been claiming it to be. Or are most people already wishing it was back on the beeb?

That's such a crock of sh*t. Just because it's never happened before, people make up some nonsense about a jinx. As Luke has tweeted, it makes it more of a challenge to become the first person ever to do it. I wouldn't mind if there were numerous examples of Par 3 winners being in contention and losing because their shots hit the wrong part of the green and ended up in the water (as if that could happen to anyone who hadn't won the par 3! Doh ) but there aren't any.

As for the coverage, mercifully brief if too frequent ad breaks but otherwise much like the beeb's par 3 coverage last year (what, does no-one else remember Hazel collaring people as they walked round to the 9th green? Di Dougherty this year, with Monty rather than Sam) but slightly extended. And don't thank Sky for that, thank ANGC.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 07 Apr 2011, 9:59 am

Did anyone else think Arnie was rather rude to the delicious DiDo when she collared them on the 9th?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:04 am

Davie wrote:Did anyone else think Arnie was rather rude to the delicious DiDo when she collared them on the 9th?

Can't say I noticed that, Davie, but he is a bit mutton so probably misheard something. I am now wondering if her middle name is Louise though Wink
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:12 am

DiDo middle name Loiuse ooh the connotations of that one!!!!!

Didn't really think Arnie was rude they had a bit of banter between the 3 of them and Monty plus with his dodgy hearing it will now and again come across as being rude if he mishears somthing happenes to my old man all the time someone thinks he being off and simply didn't have the hearing aid high enough! Well that's the excuse anyway

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 07 Apr 2011, 10:53 pm

It just came back to me that I don't like Davis Love.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 07 Apr 2011, 11:49 pm

Awesome thread guys top top read

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 08 Apr 2011, 7:47 am

An excellent first day I thought and congrats to young Rory. Can he continue?

Personally I don't think he can, but I hope I'm wrong.

Some great TV viewing last night and I for one think some of the criticism levelled at Sky is unfair. Their coverage was very good (given that the live action was limited by ANGC and the host broadcaster) and despite what people say about the adverts, I thought they were fairly unobtrusive and well done to them to following the host broadcaster's lead by limiting them to 60 seconds. Remember, had it been BBC then the breaks would have been the same except they would have instead been filled by the burblings of Brown and Alliss.

Excellent first day by some of the Euros - McIlroy, Quiros, Fisher and Sergio and a little forther down players like Westy, Casey and Luke not ruled themselves out yet.

Nice comeback also from Fowler (my own US tip)

Getting a little sick of the fawning over big Phil's short game though. A player of his calibre shouldn't be scrambling like that.

Bring on day 2!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 08 Apr 2011, 7:58 am

Well I'm really liking this and to be fair didn't expect to enjoy it so much on Sky. The BBC has been covering this for ever, and always look forward to it, even Allis is good craque usually, and also ken's on-course bits are great, plus they always seem to get great interviews. But I've been pleasently surprised and have really enjoyed the Sky coverage, in this slightly different format. Ad breaks reduced to one minute and not as many, plenty of good stuff from Butch, and Monty when he sticks to what he's good at, is also a breath of fresh air. Monty please don't mention; 'my team', 'my players' etc because it does get a bit cringy, and try to get your words out without stuttering, but besides that it looks like a new career could be on for him. Cod Roe needs to go though, his little bit on the touch screen would be ok, if it was done by Butch, but to have Butch stood opposite him obviously not looking forward to it ......

Some great golf and great to see two ET players at the top. Rory played some brilliant irons and a pity he failed to get birdie on the 18th, lets just hope he can putt well over the weekend, because the last time Rory was topping the board after day 1 of a major (Open) he blew up and Never recovered. Alvaro used his head and seems to have matured a bit, because he finished brilliantly last night and the iron he played into the 18th was awesome. Must have been strange for him, playing with a bloke who could out-hit him. Phil, what can you say, couldn't find a fairway and was in all sorts of cabbage, but played some brilliant stuff that could have had him at the top, but his putter wasn't on fire. How can someone who drives like a 23 handicapper, manage to only drop one shot all night, wow. Luke got himself back in and casey played ok, along with Justin, but Poults collapsed in a big way after being right in the mix.

I think we're in for a great weekend, and guess because of the low scoring yesterday that a lot of top players, including the world no 1 will be going home tonight. So come on Lee, get your finger out thumbsup

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 08 Apr 2011, 8:41 am

I will say a well done to Rory, but alas cannot see it lasting. As I've said before and been proved right so far, he just doesn't have 4 good rounds in him he always throws in something round the 75/76 mark once a tournament if he can eradicate that then he may not get a better chance.

Much the same as Quiros if he can score no worse than a 72 all week huge chance to pull on a green jacket.

I think much of Sky's coverage was inspired and refreshing and if its the same again tonight I shall not be returning to the bbc at the weekend. As for Cod Roe I've been saying for years he needs ditching. One thing that did surprise me was Montys stat that all the Pundits fed off and agreed with was Tiger never shooting a sub 70 opening round at AGNC the reason for my surprise was I thought he shot 68 last year in the opening round! I may be wrong though!

Some great comebacks on the back 9 the pick of them, Gary Woodlands
+3 to -3 in 7 holes! And rickie fowlers +2 to -2 in 5 holes.

Look out for much tougher pin placements for round to and firmer greens as the weather heats up as for big phil surely there's only so long someone can get away with being so erratic

I would say after round 1 anybody at level par or better is in with a real hot chance Sunday we'll have a better idea of contenders after tonight that's for sure

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 08 Apr 2011, 9:04 am

I thought the coverage was ok, but that's probably because I sky+'d it and zipped through not only the ads, such as they were, but also much of the padding. What I did see was ok, with the exception of Monty who I'm afraid I thought was terrible. He couldn't get his words out and when he finally did, as Maverick points out what he said wasn't necessarily right. Roe isn't great but I think Monty's worse.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri 08 Apr 2011, 9:07 am

The BBC sold out on sport a long time ago, if it wasn't for the governments protected list I'm sure they'd be happy with eventing and cross country running.
I'm just pleased to be able to watch major sporting events whoever is broadcasting them, especially the Masters which is compulsive viewing

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 08 Apr 2011, 9:36 am

Grizzly wrote:The BBC sold out on sport a long time ago, if it wasn't for the governments protected list I'm sure they'd be happy with eventing and cross country running.
I'm just pleased to be able to watch major sporting events whoever is broadcasting them, especially the Masters which is compulsive viewing

It's not stopped the beeb sending an army over though has it. Having Chris Evans et al just seems like a waste of money. Yes we still get the regular presenters, but as it's hardly on air, why the full team, and especially all the periferal people like Evan/Lineker who are really only there for junkit. The costs will probably be more this year than they were last year, when the beeb had the whole gig, crazy.

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Fri 08 Apr 2011, 9:46 am

Doc wrote:
Grizzly wrote:The BBC sold out on sport a long time ago, if it wasn't for the governments protected list I'm sure they'd be happy with eventing and cross country running.

It's not stopped the beeb sending an army over though has it. Having Chris Evans et al just seems like a waste of money. Yes we still get the regular presenters, but as it's hardly on air, why the full team, and especially all the periferal people like Evan/Lineker who are really only there for junkit. The costs will probably be more this year than they were last year, when the beeb had the whole gig, crazy.

At the last winter olympics (last year?) the BBC had more staff at the event covering it than GB had competitors. Not a good use of public money...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 08 Apr 2011, 9:53 am

In Evans' defence he's not being paid for being there, and paid some of his own travel costs.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by sharrison01 Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:02 am

SmithersJones wrote:In Evans' defence he's not being paid for being there, and paid some of his own travel costs.

He's hardly the voice of golf though...

I get the impression with the BBC that when they send a team out for a sporting event it just seems like a big bandwagon that everyone jumps on to go and have a lovely week away. The football world cup was the same - every week for the 4 weeks there were different pundits jetting in and out at our expense, not to mention the carbon footprint that our government is supposed to be reducing. But then if I worked for the BBC I'd do anything to go and make tea at Augusta for a week...

sharrison01

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:59 am

Just been checking my facts on the Monty statement and found a site with detailed account of 2010 but alas I forgot to copy the link and not faffing round going to do it now as using my blackberry it didn't mention Tigers score but its opening statement went like this "Tigers much anticipated first round upon his return to the game at the Masters after his well documented troubles was a positive step forward for the world No1 as after his opening round he sits just 2 shots behind overnight leader Fred Couples who in turn shot a record low round for a 50+ player with a -6 par round of 66"

So there we have it Monty was wrong, as that statement shows without mention woods score but the fact he was 2 shots back from a 66 means he shot an opening round of -4, 68 so he has broke 70 on his opening round before. My only frustration with any commentator is getting simple accessible facts wrong!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:07 am

Maverick wrote:Just been checking my facts on the Monty statement and found a site with detailed account of 2010 but alas I forgot to copy the link and not faffing round going to do it now as using my blackberry it didn't mention Tigers score but its opening statement went like this "Tigers much anticipated first round upon his return to the game at the Masters after his well documented troubles was a positive step forward for the world No1 as after his opening round he sits just 2 shots behind overnight leader Fred Couples who in turn shot a record low round for a 50+ player with a -6 par round of 66"

So there we have it Monty was wrong, as that statement shows without mention woods score but the fact he was 2 shots back from a 66 means he shot an opening round of -4, 68 so he has broke 70 on his opening round before. My only frustration with any commentator is getting simple accessible facts wrong!

This ought to do it, Mav

http://www.masters.com/en_US/discover/past_winners.html

SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:09 am

So are we saying Torrance should be in the booth and Monty planted up to his ears in the desert with scorpions running around the place?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:11 am

Whatever happened to that Wayne bloke? Not the one on BBC the one sometimes on Sky - Wayne Riley(??). Always thought he was good value for money

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:18 am

LJ - no, both of them with the scorpion thing.

Davie - wasn't he just an attempt by Sky to confuse the viewers into thinking they were watching the bbc coverage?

'Aussie golfer, bit on the large side, called Wayne, won something once - you know the one.'
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:24 am

You may be right SJ - but I thought he was way better than Grady

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:31 am

Davie wrote:You may be right SJ - but I thought he was way better than Grady

Yes, I think you're probably right. But in a way they're reflective of the two organisations - Grady a bit of an elder statesman, used to be world class but now living off past glories. Riley a bit more base, up for a laugh, popular but never really completely top drawer.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:41 am

Monty should be hung drawn and quartered for floundering the facts!

As for Riley maybe he's gone walkabout shame he forgot to invite Roe along foe the trip!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 08 Apr 2011, 2:18 pm

Early start for Poults and birdies on the first two holes. Could there be a low one in store for him today?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Fri 08 Apr 2011, 4:27 pm

What's Poulter's score? I can't seem to open the full leaderboard on the Masters website.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 08 Apr 2011, 4:28 pm

Poulter currently -1 after 10 to be +1 for the tournament

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Fri 08 Apr 2011, 4:30 pm

+1 through 10 and he's -1 for the day.

I can't see the masters site either.

Look on www.augusta.com/masters
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Fri 08 Apr 2011, 6:38 pm

Thanks guys.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by vinyl1 Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:50 pm

That was a heck of a second round by the young guns:

McIlroy -10
Day -8
Fowler -5

Weekend should be interesting. Plenty of other name players still have a chance.

vinyl1

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 08 Apr 2011, 10:55 pm

How well is this shaping up for the weekend? Tomorrow's going to be a great day, Seve's birthday too so scramblers have to come to the fore - Mickleson and Woods, anyone?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:05 pm

Hope Rory can hole some more putts.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Fri 08 Apr 2011, 11:23 pm

Woods is jumping the gun - looking pretty good again, putter still not what it used to be but his demeanour is very much like the Tiger of old. I thought as much when I saw him interviewed last night. Definitely not much wrong with his ball striking today.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by vinyl1 Sat 09 Apr 2011, 12:28 am

Woods was 7 under in the last 11 holes. That is a formidable run, and puts him in good position.

Other players to watch are Choi and Westwood.

vinyl1

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sat 09 Apr 2011, 8:50 am

Another great day of Golf for many in the field, none more so than Jason Day and Tiger. But don't not count out anyone within 7 shots of the lead, today they will lower the blades on the mowers and make the greens even quicker with notoriously tough Saturday pin placements and by the time the leaders get out they will have firmed up and others will have posted numbers to have them looking over their shoulders.

Interesting Facts: last time Tiger shot a sub 67 round like he did yesterday was round 2 in 2005 and he won that that year!

Rorys worst rounds of tournaments this year have all been Saturdays! And last time out Jason Day won he shot a second round -8!

Purely all coincidental just makes for a bit of fun. The pressures on Rory at the moment but I think someone around the -4 or -5 mark is going to go low tonight and get in the mix for the Green Jacket so maybe Donald -4, Sergio -4 or Lee Westwood -5 have a good shout yet!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 09 Apr 2011, 12:35 pm

I still maintain that if Rory can finish on -12 he will be in for a great chance of the win. The only assumption is that Tigers round was more of an apparition, rather than a sign of things to come.

If Rory gets it to -12 a lot of players need to be shooting -5/-6 over a masters weekend to be in with a chance, how often does that happen. You would have to say the best chance comes from someone like Tiger or Ogilvy.

Should add the would leave westwood needing to go -7 over the weekend.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sat 09 Apr 2011, 10:43 pm

McLaren wrote:Should add the would leave westwood needing to go -7 over the weekend.

64 on Sunday will be great to see! Doh
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sat 09 Apr 2011, 11:08 pm

Or even 63. He'll need someone else to putt for him though.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Sun 10 Apr 2011, 7:30 am

Well Rory played much better than he has shown for the year so far, with maturity and patience, 4 shot lead going into sunday, if he can just keep calm, remain patient and shoot around a 70/71 I think that should bee enough to seal his green jacket and hopefully he will prove me wrong this time about not having 4 good rounds in him. As a British/Irish which ever way you see his nationality would be fantastic.

The main threats i would say are Day, Scott, Choi and Donald. Days had 2 solid rounds and one superb, much like Scott, but Choi has been consistent all week and thats a big thing round ANGC

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 10 Apr 2011, 8:14 am

Terrific viewing again yesterday. I really hope young Rory can hang on today but I must admit to still having a few doubts. Let's hope I'm wrong.

A little disappointed that there aren't more Euros in contention but if Rory DOES stumble it would be great if Luke could come out of that chasing pack

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2011, 6:15 pm

come on Rory or Luke Donald if he can get through with a good round

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2011, 6:54 pm

Shot of the Masters so far?
Rory's putt on the 17th on Saturday gets my vote. Top class brilliance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2011, 7:13 pm

yay the live coverage on sky has already started.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next