The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Randy Orton suspended!!!

+14
Buzzman
hodge
JamesLincs
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
Sara
bretmeharty
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Mr H
Brilliant_yep
Beer
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
psycho-gooner
JoshSansom
Hero
18 posters

Go down

Randy Orton suspended!!! Empty Randy Orton suspended!!!

Post by Hero Thu 31 May 2012, 12:41 am

Randy Orton has been suspended for 60 days, breaking news at present but for that length you have to presume its Wellness related.
Thought he was an untouchable as well!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Randy Orton suspended!!! Empty Re: Randy Orton suspended!!!

Post by Hero Thu 31 May 2012, 12:42 am

WWE have confirmed it's for a second Wellness violation.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 31 May 2012, 12:48 am

Was just about to post this! Smile It is a big shock and really puts pressure on the creative team. My hope is that guy like Ziggler get some better top of the card opportunities now.

It is also interesting what will happen re: Summerslam - I would expect that Orton was pencilled in for something interesting there but now he will only be back three weeks before the event...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 31 May 2012, 12:50 am

Perhaps, just perhaps... Ambrose, Rollins and Ohno get dragged up to the roster?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 31 May 2012, 12:58 am

Could happen though what the flip has happened to Cesaro? He hasn't been on SD for a few weeks now...

Will also be interesting to see what the spot for Barrett will be on return I know a lot of people are over him on his mic ability but I personally can't remember an engaging mid card feud of his, something with Christian could really elevate him in my opinion, or Jericho if he could come back as a face.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Thu 31 May 2012, 1:13 am

If only Cena was next, then WWE might start to get good again.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 31 May 2012, 7:25 am

WWE announced Wednesday that Randy Orton has been suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the company's Talent Wellness Program. Though it is his third suspension by the organization, it legitimately is his second violation of the company's Talent Wellness Program.

Orton was suspended for 60 days on April 3, 2006 for "unprofessional conduct," which did not count as a Wellness Program infraction. He discussed the suspension during an interview published in the September 2006 issue of WWE Magazine.

While discussing his issues with anger management, Orton stated, "My problems came to a head when I decided to smoke a joint and someone smelled it and stooged me off. You know who you are, so if you're reading this, thanks. But I also had a few outbursts of anger on the road. I get loud and verbally abusive. But I've nipped that part of me in the bud. I attended an anger management clinic in Atlanta. It cost 15 grand for a four-week stay. I had to live down there on the campus. The first week I was there, I was like, OK, I'll do what I have to do to get out of here." But then I started to realize, wow, I was wrong in a lot of these situations. I just got this reputation of being hard to work with, being a dick and everything in the book. But the truth is, I don't flip out anymore."

On August 30, 2007, WWE suspended eleven performers (Booker T, Charlie Haas, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, Edge, Funaki, Gregory Helms, John Morrison, Mr. Kennedy, Umaga and William Regal) based on information provided to the organization by the Albany, New York, District Attorney's Office concerning contracted talent using online pharmaceutical outlet Signature Pharmacy to obtain performance enhancing drugs. Both Sports Illustrated and the Daily News of New York City independently identified Orton as a client of the Orlando based pharmacy, which Albany County and Florida law enforcement agencies raided in February 2007 for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients who had not been examined by doctors. Orton received somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007, which occurred after the "no drugs from online sources" rule was instituted in the Talent Wellness Program. However, he was the lone contracted performer not to be suspended by WWE. WWE did not suspend Orton because he had already been suspended for a drug policy violation in August 2006, resulting in double jeopardy. The ruling appeared suspect since Orton continued to receive pharmaceuticals following the suspension. Dr. David L. Black, who administers the program, was asked about the matter on September 25, 2007 during an U.S. Congressional investigation into WWE's business practices.

Brian Cohen, a senior investigator and policy advisor for the United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform asked Black, "There is another talent of Randy Orton who had be suspended in 2006, for not having—tested positive without a prescription, and he was mentioned in this article as well, and subsequently went to headline two pay-per-view events, but in the past month. I just wonder if that kind of—I know the policy would be suspended for 60 days; correct? Does that undermine your efforts when you see this happening, when you see a guy who has been in an article last week and then headlines these events?"

Black replied, "Oh, sure I would agree that that's not good."

WWE attorney Jerry S. McDevitt stated in 2010 in a letter to Concussion Inc author Irvin Muchnick that no action was taken against Orton because he was not on any customer list for Signature Pharmacy provided to WWE by the Albany, New York, District Attorney's Office. WWE, however, did not threaten Sports Illustrated with legal action.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 31 May 2012, 9:07 am

Time for the most exciting guy in wrestling today to step up - Dolph Ziggler, your time is now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 31 May 2012, 9:17 am

Very convenient he avoids the 3rd strike.

Oh dear Randy.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Thu 31 May 2012, 9:39 am

I had a dream last night that more people would be suspended...I'm scared.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 31 May 2012, 9:47 am

He'll miss the 1000th Raw in his hometown St Louis too.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 31 May 2012, 9:51 am

Mr H wrote:He'll miss the 1000th Raw in his hometown St Louis too.

What a punch in the gut!
Ooof.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Thu 31 May 2012, 10:12 am

hopefully major heel turn when he returns

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 31 May 2012, 11:46 am

Hero wrote:WWE announced Wednesday that Randy Orton has been suspended for 60 days for his second violation of the company's Talent Wellness Program. Though it is his third suspension by the organization, it legitimately is his second violation of the company's Talent Wellness Program.

Orton was suspended for 60 days on April 3, 2006 for "unprofessional conduct," which did not count as a Wellness Program infraction. He discussed the suspension during an interview published in the September 2006 issue of WWE Magazine.

While discussing his issues with anger management, Orton stated, "My problems came to a head when I decided to smoke a joint and someone smelled it and stooged me off. You know who you are, so if you're reading this, thanks. But I also had a few outbursts of anger on the road. I get loud and verbally abusive. But I've nipped that part of me in the bud. I attended an anger management clinic in Atlanta. It cost 15 grand for a four-week stay. I had to live down there on the campus. The first week I was there, I was like, OK, I'll do what I have to do to get out of here." But then I started to realize, wow, I was wrong in a lot of these situations. I just got this reputation of being hard to work with, being a dick and everything in the book. But the truth is, I don't flip out anymore."

On August 30, 2007, WWE suspended eleven performers (Booker T, Charlie Haas, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Masters, Edge, Funaki, Gregory Helms, John Morrison, Mr. Kennedy, Umaga and William Regal) based on information provided to the organization by the Albany, New York, District Attorney's Office concerning contracted talent using online pharmaceutical outlet Signature Pharmacy to obtain performance enhancing drugs. Both Sports Illustrated and the Daily News of New York City independently identified Orton as a client of the Orlando based pharmacy, which Albany County and Florida law enforcement agencies raided in February 2007 for distributing steroids and other prescription drugs to clients who had not been examined by doctors. Orton received somatropin, nandrolone, stanozolol between September 2004 and February 2007, which occurred after the "no drugs from online sources" rule was instituted in the Talent Wellness Program. However, he was the lone contracted performer not to be suspended by WWE. WWE did not suspend Orton because he had already been suspended for a drug policy violation in August 2006, resulting in double jeopardy. The ruling appeared suspect since Orton continued to receive pharmaceuticals following the suspension. Dr. David L. Black, who administers the program, was asked about the matter on September 25, 2007 during an U.S. Congressional investigation into WWE's business practices.

Brian Cohen, a senior investigator and policy advisor for the United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform asked Black, "There is another talent of Randy Orton who had be suspended in 2006, for not having—tested positive without a prescription, and he was mentioned in this article as well, and subsequently went to headline two pay-per-view events, but in the past month. I just wonder if that kind of—I know the policy would be suspended for 60 days; correct? Does that undermine your efforts when you see this happening, when you see a guy who has been in an article last week and then headlines these events?"

Black replied, "Oh, sure I would agree that that's not good."

WWE attorney Jerry S. McDevitt stated in 2010 in a letter to Concussion Inc author Irvin Muchnick that no action was taken against Orton because he was not on any customer list for Signature Pharmacy provided to WWE by the Albany, New York, District Attorney's Office. WWE, however, did not threaten Sports Illustrated with legal action.

Sounds like Roy Keane of wwe

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Thu 31 May 2012, 12:13 pm

Oh Randy!!!! What have you done now?! So much for his DVD of how he has changed. That's two of my favourites suspended now, lol.

Roy Keane = my hero Smile

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu 31 May 2012, 12:30 pm

If Randy Orton is the Roy Keane then Sean Waltman must be the Joey Barton

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 31 May 2012, 1:07 pm

would that make undertaker, ryan giggs?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 31 May 2012, 1:29 pm

Well he was quick to get that Sara tattoo removed.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 31 May 2012, 2:04 pm

surely got to be Ziggler to step up to the plate, got to feel sorry for the miz as it seemed he was being put with orton instead of jericho. Speaking of which, Jericho to return, and then Orton to return a month later attacking Jericho? The next week the 2 get in a bust up again. There isn't much needed between the 2 to kick start a match for Summerslam surely. Play up the fact Orton put Jericho out before his return and bill it as a grudge match between the 2 maybe no holds barred.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 31 May 2012, 3:30 pm

yeah, provides an opportunity for a big Orton vs Jericho match later on but not sure what the writers have as a back up for the moment. I agree with everyone that Dolph is ready for the main event, but reckon Wade Barret will return to win MITB. Both Barrat and Ziggler are the two who I think deserve a WWE Championship (a proper run that is) over the next year or so.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 31 May 2012, 3:34 pm

Bad news

Going to be a poor poor card for No Way Out. They really are going to have to turn Ziggler face now IMO and have him face Swagger at No Way Out.

Got the 3 main matches. Might have to have both IC and US titles on show at No Way Out.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 31 May 2012, 3:36 pm

They could feed Slater to Ryback
It would be good to see him on PPV

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 31 May 2012, 3:37 pm

The like of Barrett, Miz and Ziggler must be licking their lips. This is the kind of chance that only comes once in a lifetime. I can see Sheamus going over ADR then Ziggler becoming Number 1 contender, which I think they were going for anyway.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu 31 May 2012, 5:47 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Bad news

Going to be a poor poor card for No Way Out. They really are going to have to turn Ziggler face now IMO and have him face Swagger at No Way Out.

Got the 3 main matches. Might have to have both IC and US titles on show at No Way Out.

Don't be silly them titles defended on ppv's, thats silly talk (last ppv was an exception)

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:04 pm

I'm not a wrestling fan I used to be but I fell out of love with it especially the WWE a few years ago but I was wondering what the WWE's stance would be if one of their athletes was using marijuana but it was medicinal?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:14 pm

CM Punk has pointed out on Twitter that he is a curse.

His last three Wrestlemania opponents are all suspended. Mysterio, Orton and Jericho.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sat 02 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

Please let Punk face Cena next Mania, please!!!!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Sat 02 Jun 2012, 8:38 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:I'm not a wrestling fan I used to be but I fell out of love with it especially the WWE a few years ago but I was wondering what the WWE's stance would be if one of their athletes was using marijuana but it was medicinal?

Marijuana isn't something that can get them suspended it can bring about a $2500 fine for its use though if they're caught.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 02 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm

Hero wrote:Please let Punk face Cena next Mania, please!!!!

Wouldnt be a bad thing going on their matches last year, those 2 work great together.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down