The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sturm Vs Geale Unification

+2
manos de piedra
Pound-for-Pound
6 posters

Go down

Sturm Vs Geale Unification Empty Sturm Vs Geale Unification

Post by Pound-for-Pound Thu 31 May 2012, 3:42 pm

Just been announced for 1st September

Not been sold on what I have seen of Sturm recently, in the Macklin fight he did nothing, perhaps aware as Macklin said that it was unnecessary with the judges paid off, and in the Murray fight he looked like he could have done more but chose not to. Apparently his last performance was impressive but hard to decide whether it shows he is still world class when the opponent is on the same level as JCC jr.

Haven't seen much of Geale so can't really make a prediction but if he is a world class fighter (which even with a belt these days isn't assured) it might tell us a bit about whether Sturm is slipping. Any predictions?

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Sturm Vs Geale Unification Empty Re: Sturm Vs Geale Unification

Post by manos de piedra Thu 31 May 2012, 4:18 pm

Glad to see another unification happening. Hopefully the winner of this can face the winner of Chavez/Martinez. All the right fights seem to be happening now from middleweight and above.

I thought Sturm looked back to form against Zbik recently and with the fight in Germany I think he should be favourite to beat Geale who is the weakest of the 4 champions at the weight in my opinion.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu 31 May 2012, 4:30 pm

Rumour has it there is also a Pirog-Golokovin bout being arranged for August, not bad?!

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 31 May 2012, 4:47 pm

I don't rate Geale at all. Pretty impressive going to Germany and winning a title though. I hope he wins as he seems willing to travel first Sylvester and now Sturm both in Germany so hopefully he wins the belts so someone more impressive can come along and take them both off him. Fancy Sturm to win though.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 01 Jun 2012, 2:59 pm

Whilst I don't particularly rate Geale that highly, I believe he is catching Sturm at the right time. Sturm struggled in 2 of his last 3 fights and I think the Zbik fight was his last hurrah. I think Felix is sarting to show his age and could lose his title.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 01 Jun 2012, 8:54 pm

BallchinianMuffwig wrote:Rumour has it there is also a Pirog-Golokovin bout being arranged for August, not bad?!

Awesome fight!Personally I see Golovkin as the most dangerous 160 fighter out there. Skill, accuracy and big power.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down