The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Henderson- is he good enough for England?

+5
The Special Juan
TopHat24/7
Duty281
Gregers
All Time Great
9 posters

Go down

Jordan Henderson- is he good enough for England? Empty Jordan Henderson- is he good enough for England?

Post by All Time Great Thu 31 May 2012, 6:15 pm

England's Frank Lampard has been ruled out of Euro 2012 with a thigh injury suffered in training on Wednesday.
Therefore, Jordan Henderson will be replacing him in home squad.

I'm personally all for the youth to be given a go but surely Henderson's form doesn't warrant a birth in the England squad.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Jordan Henderson- is he good enough for England? Empty Re: Jordan Henderson- is he good enough for England?

Post by Gregers Thu 31 May 2012, 6:18 pm

Henderson is awful. End of.

Liverpool now have the most players in the squad, god help us

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Jordan Henderson- is he good enough for England? Empty Re: Jordan Henderson- is he good enough for England?

Post by Duty281 Thu 31 May 2012, 6:35 pm

No he isn't but there is a crisis - no Lampard, no Rodwell, no Wilshere, Scholes and Carrick retired.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 May 2012, 6:54 pm

he isnt good enough

but lets be honest if wilshere was fit, then henderson wouldnt be anywhere near the squad!

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 31 May 2012, 7:22 pm

No.

Barely good enough for Liverpool.

Would normally celebrate fat frank being dropped from the England squad but Jordan Henderson being called up is tragic.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Thu 31 May 2012, 7:30 pm

With Parker struggling with an injury as well, there is a strong possibility Henderson could very well start for England.

I'm not going to totally write the kid off as I've seen glimpses of his qualities from his time at Sunderland and Liverpool. However, this does go to show the total lack of depth of England players at the moment.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 31 May 2012, 7:31 pm

I think he'll turn out a decent player when he finds a position that suits him. Is he a winger or a CM? Can see Milner starting in the CM position now.

But right now, Henderson isn't good enough.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Thu 31 May 2012, 7:33 pm

TSC wrote: Is he a winger or a CM?

That is his number one problem, he needs a manager to pick a position and play him in that position.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 31 May 2012, 7:40 pm

I don't think he's ready. I think it's too early to write him off. I definitely don't think he should be going to this tournament.

It's a bit of an awkward one for Hodgson as he showed that he lacked any real faith in Henderson when he replaced Barry with Jagielka, and now has to call him up.

It's becoming vital that all the players stay fit during the tournament now, particularly the central midfielders.

I think Parker will start against France, but possibly get rested in one, or even two depending on results of the group games.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Thu 31 May 2012, 7:41 pm

wouldn't mind taking a punt on Cleverly, even though he was injured for much of the season, wouldn't kill anyone to bring him in. Like people have said, if Parker get's injured that leaves:

Gerrard
Henderson
Milner

who could play in the centre of midfield. Gerrard is hardly free of injuries either. Never thought I'd say it but England have missed a trick with Carrick, he should be starting based on this seasons form, now like people have said, all the players that have been mocked at Liverpool for their league performances are now all on the plane to Poland/Ukraine.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 31 May 2012, 7:42 pm

One thing that is looking likely is 4-4-2, all those calling for one lone striker and five midfielders, I doubt it will happen now.

We can just about put together a 4-2-3-1, or 4-5-1, but realistically, you'd want to keep one or two central midfielders not starting every game so that any more injuries can be covered.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 31 May 2012, 7:47 pm

Nay Bother wrote:
TSC wrote: Is he a winger or a CM?

That is his number one problem, he needs a manager to pick a position and play him in that position.

Couldn't agree more. He's like Phil Jones: until he gets a nailed down position he'll never reach his potential.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 31 May 2012, 7:53 pm

MIlner?

He rubbish aswell....should be nowhere near the England squad....even in a crisis...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 31 May 2012, 7:55 pm

He also seems completely shot of confidence Henderson so doesn't try and get involved in the game enough. When he's on form he actually has an excellent range of passing and good vision.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Thu 31 May 2012, 9:38 pm

Crimey wrote:He also seems completely shot of confidence Henderson so doesn't try and get involved in the game enough. When he's on form he actually has an excellent range of passing and good vision.

I can't say I've really seen that from Henderson. I have seen him most defiantly create an extra yard here and there but I'm not sure if he's a player with a range of passing that rivals Scholes and Carrick.

I'm very concerned for the centre of England's midfield. For me Gerrard isn't what he was and by all accounts has had a below average season and does not look fresh in the slightest. Scott Parker is a genuine ball winning midfielder but he's played in far too many games this season and an achiliays injury is by no means easy to shake off. James Milner is just a utility man to me, and offers little in the Center of park with the exception of a bit energy. I'd say he's much more effective as a wide midfielder.

That pretty much leaves nothing else... Can the Ox do a job in the center of the park? I think it's too much to ask for a mere rookie. Also, as someone points out above, what position does Phil Jones actually play?

Looking bleak for this England squad.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down