The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dontcha just love Tommy Haas?

+4
Jeremy_Kyle
kemet
socal1976
bogbrush
8 posters

Go down

Dontcha just love Tommy Haas? Empty Dontcha just love Tommy Haas?

Post by bogbrush Thu 31 May 2012, 6:55 pm

A guy who put caring for family ahead of career after a car tragedy, countless career impacting injuries, and a great exciting game. Then he came back in 2009, almost derailed Feds French Open and beat Djokovic in the Wimbledon quarter (a match I had the privilege of watching on No 1 Court).

Now he's back again, beating Stakhovsky the whiner and making progress on the clay of Paris.

A real toughie of the sport, very nice guy, and a great player to watch. A standing O for Tommy.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Dontcha just love Tommy Haas? Empty Re: Dontcha just love Tommy Haas?

Post by socal1976 Thu 31 May 2012, 7:04 pm

Yes I can agree with you completely on this one. One of the most bad luck players in terms of family and health tragedies. He plays a very stylish game something akin to poor man's fed. He actually has a much better backhand with his one hander, one of the best in the game. He could do it all. And really would have done so much better if he wasn't just snake bitten. The FO people have again shown why they are trying to take the title from NY as the biggest awholes in the sport frankly by not giving him a wildcard and making former world #2 tommy haas qualify for this tournament? Shame on you french open.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Thu 31 May 2012, 7:11 pm

Tommy Haas is really an under-appreciated talent. I remember watching an AO match from 2003, where he defeated Federer. He was simply sublime and is still a very good player. If I could find that match, I will post it.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 May 2012, 7:22 pm

Man that was AWESOME from Isner.

0-40, three 2 big serves and a FH winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Thu 31 May 2012, 7:44 pm

I like both of these guys. Tommy is one of the classiest player on the tour, who knows what he couls have achieved, Stack on his day can produce a lot of shots as well.
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by HarpoMars Thu 31 May 2012, 7:49 pm

bogbrush wrote: beat Djokovic in the Wimbledon quarter (a match I had the privilege of watching on No 1 Court).

Oh! I was there too bogbrush! Maybe we've met before Smile and then we had the privilege of watching that epic Roddick-Hewitt match.

Anyway, yes I have to agree with you, Tommy is a class act.

HarpoMars

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 31 May 2012, 8:24 pm

HarpoMars wrote:
bogbrush wrote: beat Djokovic in the Wimbledon quarter (a match I had the privilege of watching on No 1 Court).

Oh! I was there too bogbrush! Maybe we've met before Smile and then we had the privilege of watching that epic Roddick-Hewitt match.

Yes! Wasn't that a great days tennis? We got 9 sets of great play, Centre got Fed in 3 over Dr Ivo and Murray in 3 over Juan Carlos. I think we got the value.

Mrs B and I were in the Debenture seats, at around 8 o'clock to the Umpire. Anywhere close?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Thu 31 May 2012, 8:25 pm

Haas to serve for the match after such a complete performance from start to finish!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 31 May 2012, 8:33 pm

Taken Stak apart in this match...as they say form is temporary, class is permanent. Love to see that SHBH. Almost all his shots are text-book...and I wouldnt call him a poor-mans Fed either...he almost beat Fed here a few years ago.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by HarpoMars Thu 31 May 2012, 8:41 pm

bogbrush wrote:
HarpoMars wrote:

Yes! Wasn't that a great days tennis? We got 9 sets of great play, Centre got Fed in 3 over Dr Ivo and Murray in 3 over Juan Carlos. I think we got the value.

Mrs B and I were in the Debenture seats, at around 8 o'clock to the Umpire. Anywhere close?

Ah alas no, we were around 4 o'clock, right at the back. Oh well, we were both there at least Hug
I know what you mean, I was disappointed at first not to be on centre, but my view definitely changed Smile It was my first ever live tennis experience too, and as you can I imagine, I was impressed.

HarpoMars

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 31 May 2012, 8:44 pm

Haas has been a great character, and it good to see him in action again, if he can some how get his great game back for 1 last year and beat some top seeds in GS it would be fantastic

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down