The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Successful Summer Tours?

3 posters

Go down

Successful Summer Tours? Empty Successful Summer Tours?

Post by Gordy Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:57 pm

What do you think the expectations for each of the Home Nations should be for these tours and what do you think would constitute a successful tour?

For me:

England - I think it will tough, but this is the not the strongest Springbok side. Expect wins over the Barbarians and a win in one test to be viewed as a successful tour.

Scotland - After being whitewashed in the 6 Nations I think Scotlands expectations will be low and they will be happy to come away with any wins.

Wales - Expect them to blood a few more guys against the Brumbies and think they will be expecting to win at least one test against Australia. Having won the Grand Slam expectations should be high.

Ireland - Will be delighted with any win over New Zealand but having never beaten them before I dont think thats going to change. I think they will view anything other than a mauling as a job well done.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Successful Summer Tours? Empty Re: Successful Summer Tours?

Post by Shifty Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:56 pm

England = I think they can win one game, if South Africa have a 30 man squad with 9 uncapped players in it, then England can potentially target at least 1 win. they aren't too bad a side to be honest. They will also be more settled than the South Africa side.

Scotland = I made my feelings on the Scotland team known in other threads, they have a small chance against an Australian A side, though I expect them to get edged out. their also playing Russian Roulette in the Samoan game because of the stupid time they have agreed to let the game kick off. It's not beyond the realms of possibility they can win all 3, but I expect them to either lose all 3 or beat Fiji, who are in a huge mess at the moment.

Wales = We don't tour well, I think we might sneak 1 game, especially if Australia win the first test easily. If they give a few reserves a run out we might have a chance of sneaking the second test.

Ireland = They will do well not to concede 40 points in their test matches. 42-15 would be the average score I would expect them to lose their games by.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 04 Jun 2012, 8:56 pm

I think slightly different...

England = I think they can actually beat this SA team not just once but a few times. I think they'll go very well.

Scotland = Maybe half a chance, but they will have to have a dominant set peice, and I mean dominant!!!

Wales = Could go one of two ways, either an Australian whitewash, or Wales win the series 2-1. Too many weaknesses in the Welsh backline, hopefully to be matched by a weaker Aus one.

Ireland = Ahem...

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down