The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top tries for the summer tours

3 posters

Go down

Top tries for the summer tours Empty Top tries for the summer tours

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:45

Well the tours have been and gone and it's easy to dismiss them because the results were heavily weighted in the SH's favour, bar Scotland's impressive tour. But I think despite the third games being robbed of that extra intensity in terms of having the series on the line, it needs to be said that these kinds of tours need to be repeated. A 3 match series leaves no room to hide. The annoying thing about the AI series is that you can always attribute a loss to an off day or fatigue from travel etc. But three in a row against the same side and there can be no excuses. So here's hoping that something similar occurs next year. With the Lions playing Australia though, I fear it won't happen until the following year.

That said, I don't think this was done. But what were your favourite tries in the matches you saw. For me, Will Genia's individual brilliance is at the top of the list. A player who can break the deadlock in a tight game and do it with such dazzling brilliance is worthy of special attention.

One of my favourite AB tries was from an aimless Irish kick, Cane and McCaw spread it out to Conrad Smith and he runs on an angle and takes out two players to loop a pass outside to Hosea Gear who pins his ears back and then seems to take the wrong option to wait for Earls and though it looked ugly from the angle behind as he catches Earls with an elbow, I think the initial contact comes from his hand. But the pass from Smith was made to look so simple.

What were your favourite tries?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Top tries for the summer tours Empty Re: Top tries for the summer tours

Post by Thomond Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:49

NZ try from an aimless Irish kick, most NZ tries came from that! Liked the try you were talking about though.

My favourite try was Madagascar's winner v Namibia, all of Madagascar's tries were pretty great, make Leinster look like Aironi!
Spoiler:

3:30 in

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 19 Jul 2012, 12:57

Cheers for that Thomond. Inspiring vid.

Love the humping running style of the Madagascar flyhalf. Looks like he's a big boy so he needs all the help he can get to generate some pace. Amazing game. Makes you want to have been at the ground.

Finally, how on earth did that Morocco goalkicker miss both of those sitters for a conversion? I bet he sat alone on the flight home.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 19 Jul 2012, 13:00

Conor Murrays against NZ was the standout try for me..... failing that Fergus McFadden outsprinting poor old Ritchie McCaw.

Happy times Smile guinness ..... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down