The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the worst match to go on last in PPV history?

+13
NickisBHAFC
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Mr H
VDT
Uryu Ishida
UpsideDownFace
Gregers
Samo
bretmeharty
Hero
The Awesome Giz
Adam D
Brady12
17 posters

Go down

What is the worst match to go on last in PPV history? Empty What is the worst match to go on last in PPV history?

Post by Brady12 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:24 pm

There's a lot of dismay at the recent positioning of John Cena on the card in recent pay per views on these boards, many assume the title should take preference & be on last....

Big Jonny vs Cena is this the worst match to go on last over the last 25 years on PPV?

If not what is the worst match ever in the main event slot?

I'll start us off with a couple.... Sting vs Jeff Hardy at Victory Road 2011 - last 61 seconds due to Hardy's physical condition this was a night to forget for TNA.

Diesel vs King Mabel Summerslam 95 - The worst drawing WWF champion vs arguable the worst superstar to main event a big 4 pay per view in WWF history

Brady12

Back to top Go down

What is the worst match to go on last in PPV history? Empty Re: What is the worst match to go on last in PPV history?

Post by Adam D Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:35 pm

Brady12 wrote:Sting vs Jeff Hardy at Victory Road 2011 - last 61 seconds due to Hardy's physical condition this was a night to forget for TNA.

I actually find that match intriguing.

On paper, it was a great match up.

However, both Hardy and TNA management screwed up big time that night. Hardy should never have been let out there. But that night, Sting shot up in my estimation.

It turned out poorly, but there was nothing wrong with the booking and match on paper. Which is completely different to Cena vs JL

Was Heidenreich n a main event with Undertaker - that must be up there!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

What is the worst match to go on last in PPV history? Empty Re: What is the worst match to go on last in PPV history?

Post by The Awesome Giz Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Yokozuna vs Hogan at Wrestlemania, has to be up there. 2 minutes after beating Bret Hart, Hogan just magically rides in to save the day.

While not the worst ever matches technically, in terms of outcome, Nash vs Goldberg at Starrcade was woeful as Nash ended Goldbergs streak. Another for me that stands out is Sting vs Hogan at Starrcade where it took Bret Hart to debut reverse a referees decision for Sting to win the belt, when everyone had been waiting for Sting to take out the NWO cleanly.

I also agree with the Hardy vs Sting match aswell.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Intriguing yes, but I'm guessing you heard about the match & thought 'what the f*** went on there I have to see that'.... When you watch it & see it for what it is was & realise (if your a viewer in the states) you've spent 40 odd dollars on the back of that main event & you've got 61 seconds you'd see it for what it was a car crash

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:47 pm

Hogan Warrior from Halloween Havoc 98 wasn't on last... That pay per view had Goldberg vs DDP for the title on last. If I remember the pay per view feed cut on this match as the event ran over so I guess this one would be up there

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Hogan v Sid was pretty shocking when you had Flair v Savage for the title lower down the card (see Adam they did it back then too!)

Lawrence Taylor v Bam Bam Bigelow just never should have been a main event.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:05 pm

Great shout with LT Bam Bam Hero! How was that on last? Hogan Yoko was a farce but I don't really consider that as Bret Hart Yokozuna was the match billed in the main event slot

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:09 pm

A few come to mind easily.....

Batista ve Khali
Undertaker vs Mark Henry
HHH and Vince McMahon Amageddon (the story was the intrigue, not a great match)

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:20 pm

You could argue any MitB cash ins. Apart from RVD's.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Samo wrote:You could argue any MitB cash ins. Apart from RVD's.

Would say that Edge's first doesn't come under this either. He shocked the world that night.

Worst ever?

Hunter vs Goldberg was awful, much worse than Cena vs JL

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:37 am

Apart from RVD vs Cena no MITB cash in has been the featured main event used to sell a pay per view, it's always been a surprise swerve at the end (much like Hogan vs Yoko) therefore I don't consider these valid main events

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:09 am

Kane - Cena. Elimination Chamber 2012

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:07 am

Hero wrote:Hogan v Sid was pretty shocking when you had Flair v Savage for the title lower down the card (see Adam they did it back then too!)

Lawrence Taylor v Bam Bam Bigelow just never should have been a main event.

It wasnt me debating that point - it was Mr H and Demon! Although it does suck!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:53 am

Brady12 wrote:

Apart from RVD vs Cena no MITB cash in has been the featured main event used to sell a pay per view, it's always been a surprise swerve at the end (much like Hogan vs Yoko) therefore I don't consider these valid main events

Sorry I didnt notice it was main events.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:22 am

Jarret v DDP v Arquette - ready to rumble match.

The match itself...the ending with Kanyon. Well done WCW in the same building Owen Hart (RIP) died in!

Mega Powers v Alliance to end Hulkamania - doomsday cage match

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:01 am

When Santino beat Vickie & Chavo in a Handicap Hogpen Match to retain the title of Miss Wrestlemania
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:01 am

Royal Rumble 2006, Kurt Angle beating Mark Henry in the last match on the card. The Royal Rumble match should ALWAYS be the last match on the card!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:35 am

Team WWE v Nexus Summerslam 2010. Just a poor match and for me had the wrong result too. So wanted to see Cena do an Austin like screwjob.

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Mr H wrote:Royal Rumble 2006, Kurt Angle beating Mark Henry in the last match on the card. The Royal Rumble match should ALWAYS be the last match on the card!

I didn't see that one. Are you being serious?! Why the blue cheese did they do that?!

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:28 pm

Because they are wuckfits of the highest order.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:30 pm

Thought the World Title should always be the last match on the card Mr.H? Whistle

(I'm winding you up here.. sorry. No response necessary Laugh

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:33 pm

Laugh cheeky sod you know full well that this is the exception and the Rumble match should always go on last!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Kane vs John Cena at Elimination Chamber was just beyond belief

Randy Orton vs Wade Barret at Survivor Series 2010

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Lawrence Taylor vs Bam Bam Bigelow should not of been the main event at any PPV let alone a Wrestlemania
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by James_182 Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Re the RR2006, I think after the WHC match Taker came out and challenged Angle for the strap, and the deadman used his ‘powers’ and the ring sort of collapsed/exploded which would have obviously made the RR impossible. It was a shocking match though in general, the crowd were dead for it after marking out for Rey’s rumble win.

James_182

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:22 pm

I have a feeling Cena/Big Show will eclipse any of the above matches

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:14 pm

Bret Hart v The Undertaker at the 1996 Royal Rumble. 2 of my all time favourites and they had an utter snoozeathon with a horrible finish that only served to further the Taker / Diesel feud.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Electric Demon wrote:Thought the World Title should always be the last match on the card Mr.H? Whistle

(I'm winding you up here.. sorry. No response necessary Laugh

Summerslam 92 - Bulldog vs Bret Hart went on last & justifiably so

Wrestlemania 18 - Hogan vs Rock should of been last

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down