The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do Pacquiao fans think he deserves special treatment??

+7
manos de piedra
KO-KING
DoubleD22
Valero's Conscience
azania
Fists of Fury
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
11 posters

Go down

Why do Pacquiao fans think he deserves special treatment?? Empty Why do Pacquiao fans think he deserves special treatment??

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:19 am

Sorry for another thread on this lads but I thought I would spare my 2 bobs worth here.

I watched the fight in the early hours of Sunday morning between Manny and Bradley and just before I start, Primetime, if you are reading this, Benny Ricardo NEEDS to be sacked along with Khan.

Anyway, watched Primetime and HBO (all legal and above board obviously) and flicked between the two of them and after the fight was over I had a score almost that of Harold Letterman. I couldn't believe the decision and went back to sleep a little angry at it.

When I woke, I was sent a YouTube link of the whole fight again (not sure if this is still up), I watched the fight yesterday morning, then in the afternoon and again before I went to sleep last night, each time with none of the ridiculous commentary.

I went to bed angry again, this time because I couldn't believe how I had been influenced by HBO. Without sound, I actually paid attention to both fighters instead of being told what Manny was throwing and how good he was and how he is the best. I had been watching Manny the whole time waiting on a knockout punch and completely ignored Bradley.

Well I'll tell you this, Bradley won the first 2 rounds on my final score as well as the last 4 rounds. The 3rd was up in the air as well as the 8th. I will give the 3rd to Manny and the 8th I have as a 10-10. Manny did well in the middle of the fight and tallied up his shots which is really how Compubox got the figures. But even the supposed best left hook in boxing couldn't put away Bradley whilst he has a spreint ankle.

115-114 I finished with to Bradley in the end.

What gets me though is people almost threatening to commit sporting suicide over this as if its a major blotch on Boxing. I think the Khan vs Peterson fight was more controversial in terms of the scoring.

Just because its Manny Pacquiao. Why should he get special treatment?

It was bang out of order how Bradley was treated after the fight, by the crowd, by HBO and by Bob Arum to a point. Arums statement about the judges, being ashamed to be part of boxing etc. Outrageous.

HBO do the exact same thing with Chavez Jr when they do their telecast.

Primetime did the exact same thing with Mayweather when he fought Ortiz. Benny Ricardo cannot commentate. He is a lemon..

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Why do Pacquiao fans think he deserves special treatment?? Empty Re: Why do Pacquiao fans think he deserves special treatment??

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:26 am

Because he is the star, with the stellar record and the person that puts bums on seats..

Reborn, you've never been a fan of Manny, so it doesn't surprise me too much, but there is no way that Bradley was even close to winning that fight, with commentary or without it.

It was a robbery.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Why do Pacquiao fans think he deserves special treatment?? Empty Re: Why do Pacquiao fans think he deserves special treatment??

Post by azania Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:33 am

As one whio is totally impartial here as I am no great fan of Manny or Tim, I scored the fight to Manny by 8-4 (4 being generous to Tim as I gave him 3 with one shared).

I don't need a commentator to lead me astray as I have my own eyes and form my own opinions based on what I see.

Clear robbery.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:36 am

I was a fan when he had the tools to impress, but his days are over and I think a lot of people dont want to acknowledge.

Fighting in spurts in the last 20-30 seconds is trying to fool judges. Thats what he tried to do. Tell me how he won the last 4 rounds and the first 2??
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:39 am

I am very conscience of how biased HBO are, including to all their other stars so must do the same as you i.e. watch tape without sound.

That being said I would be surprised if after re-watching the fight, i was able to give it to Bradley.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:41 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I was a fan when he had the tools to impress, but his days are over and I think a lot of people dont want to acknowledge.

Fighting in spurts in the last 20-30 seconds is trying to fool judges. Thats what he tried to do. Tell me how he won the last 4 rounds and the first 2??

There is a myth going on that he only fought in the last minute. The reality was that he came on stronger in the last minute. In the first minute he was still landing more and throwing more. Just that in the last minute he was throwing and landing whilst Bradley wasn't.

I reckon people expect to see the 'old' Pac and anything less was a loss.

He was robbed. I've watched it twice and still came up with the same score as I did on fight night.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:44 am

Fists, that the point. Many are starstruck by Manny. So are in awe of every punch threw

I think Tim is boring as hell without any power, but for me, the 6 rounds I pointed out. Bradley controlled them. I won't sit here and rubbish other peoples opinion that it was a robbery. I just didnt see it that way and a lot of others felt the same last night.

Az, I fully respect that you got 8-4, but I'm talking about others who are claiming this to be a 119-109 like Letterman had it.

I just thought Manny was lazy and thought he could win the fight by being fighting for the last few seconds at the end.

When Tim started using his jab at the end, it was the old "can anyone lend me a plan B?" Manny we all know.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:48 am

Totally agree with Fists here.

I too watched the fight again without sound and still feel Manny wins at least 8 rounds.

Bradley just wasn't winning rounds his jab had no authority and was just put out to try and create distance but none of these were scoring shots, they were pawing jabs.

Most of his hooks were caught on Mannys gloves and he missed with alot of punches.

Bradley had some success with the body shots admittedly but Manny was landing hurtful well timed & technically better shots all the way up to the 10th with his left hand landing quite regularly.

I think the catch 22 for Pacquiao is that if he isn't absolutely destroying his opponents like he has in the past and fights a more ordinary fight people think he's losing. When in fact he is winning just not as emphatically.

Long short of it ive re watched it and tried my hardest to give rounds to Bradley to see where the scorecards could be justified but i simply cant do it. 100% a robbery in my eyes.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:52 am

Pacquiao was robbed - if you scored that fight to bradley go to a optometist or stop watching boxing - how the hell do you score that for bradley

Pacquiao landed the cleaner harder punches
Landed more punches
Better ring generalship
He had a Better defence.

You rate work rate to high Bradley kept landing on pac's gloves, Pacquiao was just waiting to get off his shots, if you score this fight you should score cotto vs mayweather for Cotto aswell.

The fight was 117-111, being kind you can give bradley 4 rounds - If you have it closer than 116-112 start watching boxing

Khan vs Peterson was 113-112 Khan (twice) - this was far worse, one of the biggest robberies I have ever seen.

Conclusion Being - Pac vs Bradley was a robbery, Reborn can't score fights- or his bias overshadows his scoring

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:52 am

I thought Pacquiao landed more and cleaner punches in most of the rounds. Simple as that really.

The rounds Bradley won were capable of going either way. I dont think he dominated them as much as you are suggesting. To give Bradley all four final rounds plus the first two I think is being very generous (would still only be a draw).

The fight was competitive nearly all the way through. Pacquiao dominated a couple of rounds in the middle but for the most part it was competitive. I had Pacquaio a clear winner though.

I thought it was similar to Mayweather/Cotto fight really which was also ridiculous commentary and far more competitive than the commentators made out.

Bad decision for me so not surprised at the backlash.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:58 am

Don't think Manny really got special treatment over this fight.

I had it the same as Az, 8-4 to Manny.
Was disgusted with the decision, same as I was disgusted by the Marquez vs Manny result.

Really does leave a stain on boxing the more results like this tha we have. Sad

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:01 am

Excellent point about commentary, I always try to watch a match again with commentators, BUT look at the stats:

10 - number of rounds Pacquiao outlanded Bradley

1 - number of rounds Bradley outlanded Pacquiao

1 - number of rounds Bradley and Pacquiao landed the same number of punches.

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:05 am

*without

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:06 am

Pacquiao outlanded Marquez in the 3rd fight.

But almost EVERYONE seen that as a robbery.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:08 am

Agree with the OP to a degree. Didn't get to watch the fight at the weekend and after reading the reaction and outcry to the result thought I was going to witness the robbery to end them all this morning. So I was surprised as I watched what wasn't a great fight or a great performance from either.

I don't think Manny looked half as good as I'd been hearing and didn't really see the all powerful dominating performance I was expecting. I've definitely seen worse scoring in the past 12 months alone. For the record I scored it 115-113 to Manny. HBO commentary was a disgrace and there was no way that fight was the near shut out that they were pitching it as.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:09 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Pacquiao outlanded Marquez in the 3rd fight.

But almost EVERYONE seen that as a robbery.

But almost everyone sees this as a robbery, or at least bad decision too. 48 of 51 sports writers had Pacquiao winning according to the Ring.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by jammin Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:25 am

I didn't think Pac - Marquez was a robbery at all, just close....

Regarding the Pac - Bradley fight, he not only out-landed him and his shots had more effect. In addition, Pacquiao was the aggressor.

If that's not 'effective aggression' (a key factor in scoring, especially stateside), I don't know what is.....

jammin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:32 am

Pac - Marquez wasn't close at all, complete robbery.

I'm looking forward to seeing this fight especially after the reaction.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down