The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Biggest Fights That Never Happened?

+6
eddyfightfan
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Rowley
mobilemaster8
seanmichaels
Seanusarrilius
10 posters

Go down

The Biggest Fights That Never Happened? Empty The Biggest Fights That Never Happened?

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:28

Pac v Mayweather looks to be dead in the water. At one time this would have been one of the biggest match-ups in the history of boxing.

What other massive fights could have happened in the history of boxing but didn't? Or, much like if Mayweather and Pac meet next year, which superfights happened, but at a stage where they didn't matter as much? Lewis v Tyson springs to mind, hardly prime Tyson. And if Pac fights Mayweather next year then, for me, Mayweather dominates Pac, who if he had fought 3 years ago, would have been in a pick em with.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The Biggest Fights That Never Happened? Empty Re: The Biggest Fights That Never Happened?

Post by seanmichaels Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:32

Eubank v Nunn
McGuigan v that foreign chap he was supposed to fave after Cruz
Lewis v bowe

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Biggest Fights That Never Happened? Empty Re: The Biggest Fights That Never Happened?

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:33

Lewis vs Tyson good shout.

Pac vs Mayweather for obvious reasons.

Ricky Hatton vs Junior Witter went on for YEARS.

Joe Calzaghe vs Carl Froch would have been big

Cant think of many more?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:33

All great shouts Alma

Lewis V Bowe not happening was a travesty

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:34

Demspey Wills would have been massive, even Rickard admitted it would have been a million dollar gate, which was huge for the time.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:39

mobilemaster8 wrote:Lewis vs Tyson good shout.

Pac vs Mayweather for obvious reasons.

Ricky Hatton vs Junior Witter went on for YEARS.

Cant think of many more?

Yrah, Hatton Witter should have been made. If Witter could draw his own siblnigs, it might have.

Froch is only just getting big enough now for that fight with Calzaghe to have been a real must see. Froch just wasn't big enough at that time of Calzaghe career for it ot have been a massive fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:42

To be fair Sean and at the risk of reopening the debate that has been done to death, the whole Witter cannot draw flies argument is a bit of a red herring, Hatton could get 50,000+ against Lazcano, when one guy can do this how many fans the other guy has becomes largely an irrelevance.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:46

rowley wrote:To be fair Sean and at the risk of reopening the debate that has been done to death, the whole Witter cannot draw flies argument is a bit of a red herring, Hatton could get 50,000+ against Lazcano, when one guy can do this how many fans the other guy has becomes largely an irrelevance.

Very true. That fight should have happened, but I just feel Hatton felt he didn't need him and went elsewhere.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 15:50

I know it happened but it should have happened earlier

Hagler-Leonard

Gamboa-Lopez pre salido

Mayweather vs Williams

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 18:37

wlad vs vitali should have happened

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 22:41

Shane Mosley vs Felix Tito Trinidad

Margarito vs Mayweather around 07-08

Should have happened earlier
Mayweather vs Cotto - 07

Last edited by KO-KING on Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 22:43; edited 1 time in total

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Tue 12 Jun 2012 - 22:42

alma wrote:
mobilemaster8 wrote:

Cant think of many more?

I'm not sure Calzaghe v Froch would have been big at the time. No-one knew who Froch was then and Calzaghe would've won too easily. Calzaghe of 2006 v Froch of 2012 would be a different story however

JC still wide wide UD

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 9:45

Lewis vs Tyson happened.

Oh - is this where we discuss the fabled "prime" Tyson again? That boxer that was actually younger than Lewis when they fought and still rather highly regarded as a MASSIVE name. The fight itself was a massive event so you can't say "big fight that never happened" because it did, and it was huge.

What I think you mean Sean is "boxers at the strongest point in their career that never met in the ring" or something like that.

Because "prime" Tyson makes me really quite angry.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 9:50

Sugar Ray Leonard vs Aaron "The Hawk" Pryor would have been quite a match up.

Tyson vs George Foreman (the comeback Foreman) sounds like they tried to make the fight but it never came off.

Lewis vs Bowe for me a travesty that it didn't happen. Bowe disgusted me when he put the HW belt in the bin.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by ErmanH Wed 13 Jun 2012 - 10:20

Roy Jones Jr vs Dariusz Michalczewski

George Foreman vs Larry Holmes

ErmanH

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down