The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch v Kessler possible for mid October in Notts

+8
Herman Jaeger
ShahenshahG
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Rowley
Union Cane
Valero's Conscience
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
12 posters

Go down

Froch v Kessler possible for mid October in Notts Empty Froch v Kessler possible for mid October in Notts

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Froch is hoping this will get made. Fighting in Denmark is defo out.

This would be a nice quick turn around for Froch to be fighting again. Wonder where they'll house it if it happens. Cold by then in Notts, so a footy stadium may be out?

Source Boxingscene

http://www.boxingscene.com/froch-eyes-mid-october-kessler-rematch-nottingham--53900

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Froch v Kessler possible for mid October in Notts Empty Re: Froch v Kessler possible for mid October in Notts

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:47 pm

Well as just about everyone else has said, it's the natural fight for both men right now. Can't wait, personally - I'll definitely be in attendance. I said the other week, Froch-Bute was probably the best night I've ever had as a boxing fan. Superb atmosphere, Sugar Ray Leonard nearby in attendance and, on top of it all, my hometown fighter ripping a world title away from an unbeaten and highly-fancied opponent. Doesn't get any better.

With regards to the location of the fight, my understanding is that the City Ground (home to the greatest football club in the world) currently doesn't have a licence to promote boxing events, and isn't likely to get one any time soon in light of the possible takeover. Meadow Lane, across the river, does have a licence, I hear, and Hearn has mentioned it as a possible venue for a Froch fight in the future (I believe it was originally the planned venue for the Buté fight, but wouldn't have been available until July, with Hearn not willing to wait that long).

The arena will do me just fine, though.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Froch v Kessler possible for mid October in Notts Empty Re: Froch v Kessler possible for mid October in Notts

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:49 pm

I don't know Notts so dunno if anywhere large enough other than the footy stadium.

Froch and Matchroom will be selling themselves short if it's at the Trent FM Arena again (or whatever it's called).

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:54 pm

I have no problem with The FM other than the gate is only going to be 9,000 and this deserves a wider atmosphere. For atmosphere, as Chris and everyone I have heard else I have heard comment on the venue, is brillaint. But this fight would require a larger audience, I would imagine. Is October too late in the year to do outdoors?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Judging by what is outside my window June is too late to do outdoors...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Good fight and one I will be attending, still gutted about missing the Bute fight (damned nephew) a natural fight for both fighters and if the first is anything to go by should be a cracker, hope an outdoor venue can be set up as Froch deserves a big promotion and audience after the run he has been on.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:00 pm

rowley wrote:Good fight and one I will be attending, still gutted about missing the Bute fight (damned nephew) a natural fight for both fighters and if the first is anything to go by should be a cracker, hope an outdoor venue can be set up as Froch deserves a big promotion and audience after the run he has been on.

20,000 + at a footy stadium would be great. Meadow Lane or Notts will do. This is the perfect fight after Bute, the build up on SKy will be immense and Froch has thousand more fans after his last fight. Stick a couple good fights on the undercard and this will be awsome. Also, stylewise it is going to be excitng and the wider UK audience has heard of Kessler from when Calzaghe fought him.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:14 pm

He said he wants to fight in the Forrest footy ground so I can see that as a possibility as it can hold a lot more than the FM

It would be a great fight but got a little annoyed when he said that that Kessler wo a hometown decision and said if it was in Nottingham it would have gone to him, i.e, pretty mix sayin that he would have won a home town decision

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:18 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:He said he wants to fight in the Forrest footy ground so I can see that as a possibility as it can hold a lot more than the FM

It would be a great fight but got a little annoyed when he said that that Kessler wo a hometown decision and said if it was in Nottingham it would have gone to him, i.e, pretty mix sayin that he would have won a home town decision

Yeah thought the same thing. Fair to say it was close, but was not a hometown decision IMO. Just drop that now Frochy and concentrate on the rematch.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:24 pm

alma wrote:As long as we don't have to suffer Joe calzaghe being interviewed in the buildup, I'm happy

Poor Joe, not an ounce of charisma in him. Great fighter but dull as dishwater.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:35 pm

You want to read his book, dear god it makes De La Hoya's look worthy of a Noble Prize for Literature.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:44 pm

rowley wrote:You want to read his book, dear god it makes De La Hoya's look worthy of a Noble Prize for Literature.

My favourite bit was when he said he'd never fight Roy Jones now, because Jones was visibly shot and it would be a meaningless and pointless exercise.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:54 pm

rowley wrote:Good fight and one I will be attending, still gutted about missing the Bute fight (damned nephew) a natural fight for both fighters and if the first is anything to go by should be a cracker, hope an outdoor venue can be set up as Froch deserves a big promotion and audience after the run he has been on.

Thank the Lord. Wont hear you moaning for months on end Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:07 pm

rowley wrote:You want to read his book, dear god it makes De La Hoya's look worthy of a Noble Prize for Literature.

Jeez, that bad?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Thing is tough, that the Trent FM creates a hell of an atmosphere. Not necessarily the case that a bigger crowd in a different stadium would create the same buzz. I'd be tempted to stick with the Trent, in what could very well be Kessler's last fight.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:06 pm

alma wrote:I know a lot of people on here think Alan green is v poor but if froch wins against kessler this it will be a great achievement.

He'd only have ward then as an unavenged loss. Bearing in mind how poor lennox Lewis' two defeats were and how poor most of his opponents were in comparison with froch's, you've got to wonder where in the pantheon of great British fighters froch would fit.

froch should already be ranked higher than the likes of eubank and benn. if he avenged his loss to kessler it would be a fantastic win for him and ANOTHER big name on his cv.

great fight, great win. it will be hard but i think he will win if it's in the uk. i felt he would lose against kessler before the 1st and agree he did lose although froch disputes it. but i feel he will win this. call it a hunch.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

I second your hunch Oasis!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Froch is looking for a hometown decision.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:15 pm

azania wrote:Froch is looking for a hometown decision.

Do not speak ill of Sir Froch boxing Very Happy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:19 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
azania wrote:Froch is looking for a hometown decision.

Do not speak ill of Sir Froch boxing Very Happy

I like him and his willingness to fight the best (Ward being the exception he doesn;t want). But in the interview he stated that had their first fight been in Notts, he would have got the decision. That kind of thinking gets on ny nerves. He lost a fair decision and shouldn't be looking for favours from judges.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:32 pm

You are 100% correct, but still, boxing haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:You are 100% correct, but still, boxing haha

Shocked

Time to lie down. I must be doing something wrong.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 pm

azania wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:You are 100% correct, but still, boxing haha

Shocked

Time to lie down. I must be doing something wrong.

You have peaked! Ha. All downhill frome here.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:49 am

Interestingly enough (or not) I had a text from a friend last night asking if I wanted to go to this fight should it get made. Now, he used to be a massive boxing fan but has, over the last few years, drifted away from the sport and loves his MMA now. So much so that I can't even remember the last time we talked about a real sport and not men rolling around in spandex. It was only after watching the Froch - Bute fight (on that dreadful Sky Sports channel) that he decided to get back on the horse and start to follow the sport again.

I appreciate that me and my mate are not exactly a incontrovertible representation of the British sporting public, but it made me feel a real sense of gratification that boxing can, and still does, get the juices flowing like no other sport.

We need more nights like that, and hopefully Froch - Kessler II can be made for later in the year. It would be a great night and hopefully get a few more people interested in boxing again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:28 am

Could be a nice venue for Alma's oft discussed but yet realised 606 meet up. I'll be under the clock at the railway station with the carnation in my lapel

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:31 am

rowley wrote:Could be a nice venue for Alma's oft discussed but yet realised 606 meet up. I'll be under the clock at the railway station with the carnation in my lapel

You'll know which one I am, just look for a huge group of beautiful ladies and I am more than likely being followed by them.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:33 am

I'd be up for it, TIMC's permission permitting.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:36 am

Am I allowed to bring my friend even though he doesn't post on 606v2?

He is a bit simple but a nice guy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:42 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Am I allowed to bring my friend even though he doesn't post on 606v2?

He is a bit simple but a nice guy.

Assumed based on your previous post you were coming with mumbling cack so of course you are.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:52 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rowley wrote:Could be a nice venue for Alma's oft discussed but yet realised 606 meet up. I'll be under the clock at the railway station with the carnation in my lapel

You'll know which one I am, just look for a huge group of beautiful ladies and I am more than likely following them.

Corrected for you.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:54 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

You'll know which one I am, just look for a huge group of beautiful ladies and I am more than likely following them.

Corrected for you.

That is actually much closer to the truth.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down