The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jaws Re-released as a 12A?

4 posters

Go down

Jaws Re-released as a 12A? Empty Jaws Re-released as a 12A?

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:37 pm

Heard adverts on the radio saying it is due to be released this week with a 12A rating. WTF?

Does this mean all the gory bits are going to be toned down or cut altogether? What is the point of a horror film if you're going to sanitise, or leave out all the best (worst?) bits?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Jaws Re-released as a 12A? Empty Re: Jaws Re-released as a 12A?

Post by Hero Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:53 pm

I don't think those bits will be removed, I just think that its regarded nowadays as that level as the desensitization of today's youth continues.

I took my two sons to see Men in Black 3 the other day, have to hold my hands up and say I've not actually seen the first two so didn't know what to expect but my boys like aliens so thought it would be fine with it being a PG.
Swearing galore and multiple deaths of people shot through the head.

I sound like I'm posting on mumsnet with that moan.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 13 Jun 2012, 4:05 pm

I have arguments like this with my missus about films that I had seen when I was young like the Rambos and Robocops and that now it wouldnt be suitable for my 11 yr old to watch

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 13 Jun 2012, 4:23 pm

One I was surprised about was that the other day I saw Gremlins was on so decided to Sky+ it.
From recollection the only slightly scary/gory scene is the gremlin in the microwave so thought that it would be okay to show my boys.
No it was rated a 15 so as I've forgot the code I can't unlock it before 9pm (at which point they've been in bed a while).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 13 Jun 2012, 4:48 pm

I bought the boxset of Gremlins for my kids they enjoyed the second one more because it was more colourful and funny but saying that there was alot more gore in the second than the first which only has gorey bits at the end

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:12 pm

Gremlins 2 is a fantastic sequel. The makers really understood that it should be an irreverent comedy and went for it, even sending itself up in the process (for instance, there's the sequence of the little monsters mobbing the film critic who is panning the first film as it's released on video, the breaking of the 4th wall when they interrupt the film [Hulk Hogan in the cinema version, John Wayne skit for TV cut], and more subtly, cutting off Phoebe Cates's childhood trauma monologue - thus highlighting how silly the corresponding scene was in the original).

I liked all the pop culture references too (e.g. Rambo, Wizard of Oz, Flashdance, Batman...). And I'm not sure if it was meant as a comment on society (probably was given depiction of the Clamp Corporation generally), but having selfish and evil creatures taking over the trading floor, answering phones randomly "Buy!", "Sell!" cracked me up (with only Brain Gremlin adding some proper commentary "It's mayhem! We're advising all of our clients to invest in canned food and shotguns").

A peculiar twist that the clueless CEO eventually became Lex Luthor's devious father...!

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down