The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frans getting married on Saturday is very strange

+5
formerly known as Sam
Standulstermen
FerN
Biltong
lammergeier
9 posters

Go down

Frans getting married on Saturday is very strange Empty Frans getting married on Saturday is very strange

Post by lammergeier Mon 18 Jun 2012, 5:22 am

Find the wedding scheduling very strange. Apart from letting the Boks down, has Frans not got 1 friend in the Bok team that he would like at his wedding? This is his 6th year playing with the Boks. Surely, he likes someone in the team.

I have always thought that he is not a team player!

Last edited by lammergeier on Mon 18 Jun 2012, 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

lammergeier

Back to top Go down

Frans getting married on Saturday is very strange Empty Re: Frans getting married on Saturday is very strange

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Jun 2012, 7:05 am

Apparently the wedding arranegmeent were done a long time ago, he already told Heyneke when he contacted Frans the first time.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Frans getting married on Saturday is very strange Empty Re: Frans getting married on Saturday is very strange

Post by FerN Mon 18 Jun 2012, 7:09 am

lammergeier wrote:Find the wedding scheduling very strange. Apart from letting the Boks down, has Frans not got 1 friend in the Bok team that he would like at his wedding? This is his
6th year playing with the Boks. Surely, he likes someone in the team.

I have always thought that he is not a team player!

I don't know, but I have been looking at places in Gauteng to get married and most places are booked out 1 and a half years in advance. I don't know where he is getting married, but it could be something similar to this.

I know in the Western Cape a family member of mine got the place 6 months before the wedding, but Cape Town has a lot more wine farms etc so its probably easier to get married there

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by lammergeier Mon 18 Jun 2012, 7:35 am

biltongbek wrote:Apparently the wedding arranegmeent were done a long time ago, he already told Heyneke when he contacted Frans the first time.

Yes, but everyone knows when the June test window is. It has been the last 3 weekends in June for the last how many years now? 10? The match on Saturday couldn't have come as a surprise.

lammergeier

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Mon 18 Jun 2012, 7:49 am

Maybe he thinks his wedding is more important. He'd be right too

Just don't tell my wife I said that!

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:22 am

If he booked it some time ago he would have been in France and was probably not expecting such a quick return to the SA rugby fold.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:31 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:If he booked it some time ago he would have been in France and was probably not expecting such a quick return to the SA rugby fold.

if he's marrying a south-african girl, it would nevertheless still probably take place down there. His time in France was just a very long stag-do by his own account : enjoying a single man expensive life style is what he said he would miss more about Paris Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:32 am

He probably booked well before the series was announced.... we booked 15 months before and stil couldn't get our first choice.. you need 18 months these days. Strange time to get married anyhow.. you would think he would do so in Dec during the SA rugby off season when the weather is best.

Good for ENG though.. with Maisiekind in the backline I think they may start as favourites.... I think Italy would be ranked as favourites with that guy playing Wink.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:42 am

whocares I meant that Steyn would have been playing in France and so would have not expected a call up to the national team without having played a game of Super Rugby before hand. I guess he didn't expect to be playing so booked the wedding close to the end of the season so he good get back into Super Rugby quickly afterwards and try to get his place back for the Southern Hemisphere International Tournament.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:44 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:whocares I meant that Steyn would have been playing in France and so would have not expected a call up to the national team without having played a game of Super Rugby before hand. I guess he didn't expect to be playing so booked the wedding close to the end of the season so he good get back into Super Rugby quickly afterwards and try to get his place back for the Southern Hemisphere International Tournament.

see what you mean now and agree thumbsup
june does make sense as far as T14 scedule is concerned

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 11:02 am

John Barclay is getting married on Saturday as well I think, hence he is not in consideration for Scotland's game vs Samoa.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 18 Jun 2012, 2:24 pm

John Barclay is marrying Frans Steyn Shocked What beastly rugby players their children will be

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down