The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you wish to see at Wimbledon??

4 posters

Go down

What do you wish to see at Wimbledon?? Empty What do you wish to see at Wimbledon??

Post by harrpau7 Sat 23 Jun 2012, 12:53 pm

We have fans of many players on these boards, all wishing for him/her to win Wimbledon. Just was curious to see how they want Wimbledon to pan out for their favourites?

On the Men's side, I would love to see the big 4 in the semi finals. Then I want to see Murray FINALLY defeat Nadal at Wimbledon and Federer to defeat Djokovic, then have Murray beat Federer in 5 sets (I want Murray to get revenge on Djokovic at the US Open or Australian Open).

On the Women's side I want to see Sharapova v Azarenka in the final, the top 2 ranked players and two grand slam champions of 2012 going head to head.

Would also like to see good showings from Hewitt, Roddick, Venus and Serena.

The good thing is, we almost have 2 Wimbledons this year Very Happy .

harrpau7

Back to top Go down

What do you wish to see at Wimbledon?? Empty Re: What do you wish to see at Wimbledon??

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

Raonic has been banging on the door in the masters events and maes some of the better players very nervous, would be great to see him in the quarters or higher, I echo you on Roddick and Hewitt. Its quite amazing how the big servers (apart from Federer) have in the main struggled at Wimbledon recently.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

What do you wish to see at Wimbledon?? Empty Re: What do you wish to see at Wimbledon??

Post by sirfredperry Sat 23 Jun 2012, 1:39 pm

Interesting point about the two Wimbledons, with this being the first time that an Olympics has been played at a GS venue (although not the first time in a GS-hosting country).
The Olympics, save for the final, will be a three-set match affair. As such, you could get the sort of surprises that probably won't happen at the "real" Wimbledon.
Love to see Fed win Wimbledon again and, if not that, may be the Olympics. Would like a Serena-Sharopova final in the women.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Sat 23 Jun 2012, 3:31 pm

"What do you wish to see at Wimbledon??"

A mixed doubles match between Sue Barker and John Inverdale V Tracy Austin and John McEnroe.

Even better still what about the return of the great Pete Sampras to compete in the seniors over 35 event.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down