The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Will Win Wimbledon?

+15
Super D Boon
Josiah Maiestas
daltond
sirfredperry
HM Murdock
10IS
User 774433
banbrotam
The Special Juan
Haddie-nuff
CaledonianCraig
Jahu
socal1976
luciusmann
hawkeye
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who will win Wimbledon

Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 12 ]
Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 6 ]
Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 3 ]
Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 27

Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Empty Who Will Win Wimbledon?

Post by hawkeye Sat 23 Jun 2012, 5:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who do you think will win Wimbledon? If you think it will be someone not included in the poll please say who. I have put Roddick in the poll as he has been in 3 Wimbledon finals, beaten Federer this year, has important wins over Nadal, Djokovic and Murray and has just won a tournament on grass.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Who Will Win Wimbledon? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Will Win Wimbledon?

Post by barrystar Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:23 pm

For me it's too close to call between Nadal and Djokovic and nobody else has much of a chance so I could not choose between them.

On current form I think Djoko is the more vulnerable to an upset before the final, and any loss would be a big upset including against Fed; but I think he'd just shade Nadal in a final where the former does not have the same substantial surface superiority clay gives him. I agree it took absurd conditions for it to happen at RG, but Djoko and Nadal will surely both have noticed that there was a chunk of the match when Djoko had Nadal worried. He should be able to do the same on grass, which favours Nadal's strengths less than clay, and if he can he won't be reliant on odd conditions so should be able to keep it up for long enough for the win.

As a Fed fan I'd be happy with a SF appearance if he can manage that, and he has a decent draw.

As a Brit and a general Murray hoper (I'd want him to win against anyone but Fed) I'd be disappointed with less than the SF for Muzza but unfortunately I don't see him getting past Nadal once there.
barrystar
barrystar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:47 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:I'd rather post opinions than mere stats julie. Anyway, I have a fondue reserved with my name on it. Laters julie
Cheese balls?

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 25 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:I'd rather post opinions than mere stats julie. Anyway, I have a fondue reserved with my name on it. Laters julie
Cheese balls?

Nore Staat you have a worrying fascination with balls. First there were hot balls now cheese balls. Erm laughing
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Jun 2012, 1:23 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:
Cheese balls?

Nore Staat you have a worrying fascination with balls. First there were hot balls now cheese balls. Erm laughing
That's just balderdash boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 25 Jun 2012, 1:26 pm

I think I posted Djokovic because that's who I'd like to win it. Unfortunately I actually think Nadal will win. In today's age of attrition wins through and wearing down opponents is the way, Nadal's brand of torture tennis is likely to be successful once more.

Djokovic has lost something , I think since he lost in Monte Carlo his air of dominance.

Murray will get to the semis but unfortunatley he'll be so cream crackered he'll surrender meekly to Nadal. Would like to see Murray do it but alas I fear he'll come short once more. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Mon 25 Jun 2012, 3:49 pm

I had predicted Murray would make the final, but having seen his draw i've changed my mind. I'm going to say Nadal to win it as he has the momentum, a reasonably favourable draw and - currently - the edge over his main 3 rivals in terms of recent matches.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by daltond Mon 25 Jun 2012, 6:07 pm

Fed or Djoko.

Undecided.

daltond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2