The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goal Line Technology "Under Consideration" Says Time Ambassador From AD 4715

2 posters

Go down

Goal Line Technology "Under Consideration" Says Time Ambassador From AD 4715 Empty Goal Line Technology "Under Consideration" Says Time Ambassador From AD 4715

Post by Jennifer1984 Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:24 am

An ambassador from the far future, sent as a goodwill mission from Earth many centuries to come, has reported ‘encouraging progress’ in introducing goal-line technology to professional football. In a wide-ranging presentation, Ambassador Zarg spoke of interstellar travel opening up new trade routes beyond the planet Jupiter, the advent of teleportation and total cybernetics and the replacement of the school and university system by Giant Brain Technology.

“We are also due to have another meeting next year to discuss the issue of goal-line technology,” he added. “But we feel that we cannot rush these things. Although the technology is there – it’s broadly the same as used to calculate sun harvesting, and accurate to within 0.0000003% – many of remaining humankind fear that it might slow the game down a bit,” he said.

When pressed on the term ‘remaining humankind,’ the Ambassador looked sheepish for a moment, before announcing: “By the order of the Earth Council of Elders, I cannot reveal information to you that may change history, even if it might save three billion lives.” He then gave a furtive look at his teleportation band, before adding in a low voice: “Don’t trust the dolphins.”

The Ambassador remained for a while to chat about football with journalists, and was asked whether the England team still existed as an entity in the far future.

“Oh yes,” he replied. “England is still very much a place, and we all know the song. “Two thousand, seven hundred and forty-nine years of hurt, and all that!”

Goal Line Technology "Under Consideration" Says Time Ambassador From AD 4715 Av2H2i3CMAAuW3R

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Goal Line Technology "Under Consideration" Says Time Ambassador From AD 4715 Empty Re: Goal Line Technology "Under Consideration" Says Time Ambassador From AD 4715

Post by GSC Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:46 am

I want 30 seconds of my life back
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Goal Line Technology "Under Consideration" Says Time Ambassador From AD 4715 Empty Re: Goal Line Technology "Under Consideration" Says Time Ambassador From AD 4715

Post by Jennifer1984 Sun 24 Jun 2012, 12:57 am

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:I want 30 seconds of my life back

If it was within my powers, I would take you back to the moment of your birth, Swanny, then you could start all over again. Very Happy

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down