The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kevin Mealamu

+21
beshocked
dallym
Morgannwg
kiakahaaotearoa
LeinsterFan4life
Feckless Rogue
goneagain
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Barney McGrew did it
rodders
sugarNspikes
Thomond
HammerofThunor
ChequeredJersey
disneychilly
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
Biltong
John Cregan
chewed_mintie
anotherworldofpain
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Kevin Mealamu - Page 4 Empty Kevin Mealamu

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 25 Jun 2012, 12:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Was exceptional good when he come on for the all blacks. It seem to be not mention by anyone. Since so many Blues player getting crucified maybe is not popular to mention.

He seem so fit and also keep up with the low body driving position and lot of energy to hit the ruck despite the age.

A true great of the game! Well done Kevin!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Kevin Mealamu - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Mealamu

Post by beshocked Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:08 am

disneychilly wrote:When in the hell did we condone it Beshocked?

Ok fine I'll put you on the spot. Will you say that Mealamu and Umaga were in the wrong and should have apologised to BOD?

You certainly haven't criticised either player for it.

You might say the incident happened 7 years ago but for many NH fans it was a horrific episode and hasn't helped the All blacks reputation.

An apology and acknowledgement of blame would have helped a lot.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:09 am

I've stayed away for a while, because it seems the off-season is also funny season....

On Mealamu, very, very good player, questionable moments on a rugby pitch, the BOD incident & the headbutt (getting rid of that pesky spider of course guv, hes a christian afterall) the standouts. But hes part of the front row union, he needs to be agressive.

What i do find a bit funny on here, and not trying to tar all fans with 1 brush, but theres a few things people go way too OTT on (from both sides). The BOD incident & the Haka being the main. The NH against and the SH for.

The BOD incident was pretty bad foul play imo, i dont think it was premeditated to go and injure him, but they wanted to rough him up and intimidate the lions (just to clarify, the lions could have had a whole backline of BODs for the difference it would of made to the result) and the lack of citing was a huge cop out. Thats why it spiralled out of control, Umaga & Mealamu should not be above reproach for that, however the lack of citing isnt their fault, thats the fault of the judicial system (and its lack of a pair of balls).

The Haka, I really like it, and I dont think I've met a kiwi who actually cares what the opposition do, its the IRB that are initiating all these rules, which i really dont agree with. The anthems are done, 1 each, then NZ do the Haka as is now, but the opposing team can respond if they like or go throw a ball around whatever, i dont think it'd make a difference, NZ arent the best team in the world over the last however many years because they do the Haka before a game.

Otherwise......

NZ are cheats, If that BOD incident never happened in 2005 Wales would have won the World Cup 2011 as Warbs would only have got 10 in the bin, the haka's a fairyboy dance manoeuvre that East 17 would be proud of and someone needs to teach those allblacks where the offside line is, jheez. Cool

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

Also aucklandlaurie I am neither Irish or an Aussie. I don't like seeing a great player like BOD treated like dirt by New Zealand though.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:11 am

Comfort wrote:I've stayed away for a while, because it seems the off-season is also funny season....

On Mealamu, very, very good player, questionable moments on a rugby pitch, the BOD incident & the headbutt (getting rid of that pesky spider of course guv, hes a christian afterall) the standouts. But hes part of the front row union, he needs to be agressive.

What i do find a bit funny on here, and not trying to tar all fans with 1 brush, but theres a few things people go way too OTT on (from both sides). The BOD incident & the Haka being the main. The NH against and the SH for.

The BOD incident was pretty bad foul play imo, i dont think it was premeditated to go and injure him, but they wanted to rough him up and intimidate the lions (just to clarify, the lions could have had a whole backline of BODs for the difference it would of made to the result) and the lack of citing was a huge cop out. Thats why it spiralled out of control, Umaga & Mealamu should not be above reproach for that, however the lack of citing isnt their fault, thats the fault of the judicial system (and its lack of a pair of balls).

The Haka, I really like it, and I dont think I've met a kiwi who actually cares what the opposition do, its the IRB that are initiating all these rules, which i really dont agree with. The anthems are done, 1 each, then NZ do the Haka as is now, but the opposing team can respond if they like or go throw a ball around whatever, i dont think it'd make a difference, NZ arent the best team in the world over the last however many years because they do the Haka before a game.

Otherwise......

NZ are cheats, If that BOD incident never happened in 2005 Wales would have won the World Cup 2011 as Warbs would only have got 10 in the bin, the haka's a fairyboy dance manoeuvre that East 17 would be proud of and someone needs to teach those allblacks where the offside line is, jheez. Cool
+1 clap excellently put, comfort

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:14 am

beshocked wrote:

Ok fine I'll put you on the spot. Will you say that Mealamu and Umaga were in the wrong and should have apologised to BOD?

You might say the incident happened 7 years ago but for many NH fans it was a horrific episode and hasn't helped the All blacks reputation.

Apology?
Seriously.
You apologise to judiciary or citing commissioner!!

Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:21 am

Agree. Nice post Comfort. Personally I feel BOD's injuries justified sanction, whether it was intentional or not. Imagine it had been the other way round and BOD had put Umaga out. I can imagine the Herald's articles if BOD had escaped sanction.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:21 am

Gunner see this is the problem. No acknowledgement of wrong doing and Kiwi fans wonder why NH fans dislike this whole BOD incident.

Mealamu and Umaga got away scot free despite dumping the Lion's captain on his head.

This will always will leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

The least Kiwi fans could do is admit that Mealamu and Umaga should apologise.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:27 am

Should have apologised beshocked. And earlier than what Umaga did. The judiciary decision is really what you have a gripe with and fair enough.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 26 Jul 2012, 11:29 am

Fair enough. Thank you for saying that kiakahaaotearoa. OK

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:05 pm

beshocked wrote:

Beshocked I did criticise them. I called it bloody reckless and that they should have been cited/suspended, and that both camps left a lot to be desired with their handling of the incident. Of course they should have apologised, and if you didn't get the gist of that from my comments and considered them inflammatory then I apologise to you.

I just get really annoyed at the implications that it was premeditated.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:14 pm

We'll never know for sure if it was premeditated or not. Only Umaga and Mealamu know.

Disneychilly thank you for that honest assessment. We need to build bridges.

It's difficult to look from all the comments to see who says what.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 12:37 pm

For sure, good stuff kia/disney thumbsup

Think most kiwis are sheepish over the incident because we know justice wasn't done for BOD. Don't think any of us think BOD deserved what happened. And tana himself said things snowballed after the event, and by then, they'd made a stand and unfortunately didn't back down.

I remember the vibe during the tour, it was pretty edgy, for many reasons (2003 failure, SCW, England WC champs, etc). The ABs were under seige, but I still personally think the incident was just something that went horribly wrong. But still, they should have been punished, because it did go very horribly wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:21 pm

I think most of us decent kiwis agree with Kia, Disney and EBOP.
However lets all move on now.
Also the Haka - it seems most people love it and just don't like the IRB rules about challenging it. Us Kiwis too.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:44 pm

I think everyone loves the Haka, one of the highlights of my rugby viewing was seeing it live at Thomond Park a few years back, it was unreal, total silence. I think teams should be allowed react to it as they please though, IRB are at fault for that. I'm sure most of us have seen the Irish do it in 1989 with Anderson and co, gave me feicing chills watching it on youtube would have been unreal on tv or in the ground! That's the kind of things I like to see, passion from both sides

Spoiler:

I think some Kiwis on here are a bit skewed in their views but majority seem to accept the situation was badly handled ad deseving of some form of punishment

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:49 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Comfort wrote:I've stayed away for a while, because it seems the off-season is also funny season....

Otherwise......

+1 clap excellently put, comfort

Seconded! guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:50 pm

Thomond wrote:I think everyone loves the Haka, one of the highlights of my rugby viewing was seeing it live at Thomond Park a few years back, it was unreal, total silence. I think teams should be allowed react to it as they please though, IRB are at fault for that. I'm sure most of us have seen the Irish do it in 1989 with Anderson and co, gave me feicing chills watching it on youtube would have been unreal on tv or in the ground! That's the kind of things I like to see, passion from both sides

Spoiler:

I think some Kiwis on here are a bit skewed in their views but majority seem to accept the situation was badly handled ad deseving of some form of punishment
Specifically taking my two little ones to see Scotland vs New Zealand this autumn cos they are desperate to see the haka live

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:51 pm

It's a great site As, it wasn't really a challenge per e but the Musnter boys doing it before hand was great too. Pity our feicing closet Kiwi cost us the feicing match at the end!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm

That's great ASBO. Just get the missus to ring you right after the haka. What's that, love? I need to come home right now? Before play starts? But I'm with the kids. They won't get to see the match. Ah I see. You're probably right. Come on kids.

And then Scotland wins. Braveheart Kids, your mummy and daddy still love each other. Very much. You'll still get to see me.

Last edited by kiakahaaotearoa on Thu 26 Jul 2012, 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not enough spaces)

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:05 pm

I've got this vision of a hybrid of Mark Renton and Jake the Muss storming home with a kid under each arm. Ouch.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:15 pm

Double LaughLaugh

More of a 'Sick Boy' Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:15 pm

Sorry about my rant the other day about bod. I still get annoyed about it, if I think there's a hint of a Kiwi disrespecting O'Driscoll. But I am a Leinster and Ireland fan, so hope you'll forgive my outburst.

The fact is Mealamu has had a very long career and I can only think of two incidents of dirty play. Which is less than most forwards to be fair. And Tana was a hard player but not known as a dirty one before or after this incident.

Lions fans gripe should be entirely with the citing commission people. If they had made the correct decision that would have been that. It was their cop out that turned into a more controversial thing that it should have been. There's nothing left to be said about that incident. And I think the players involved forgot about it and moved on years ago.

With regard to the Haka, it's brilliant. And anybody who's intimidated into playing badly by it shouldn't be facing it. Other nations do Haka's. Are people intimidated by these Haka's? Or is it perhaps the consistently brilliant rugby playing abilities of New Zealand that is intimidating?
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:18 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:That's great ASBO. Just get the missus to ring you right after the haka. What's that, love? I need to come home right now? Before play starts? But I'm with the kids. They won't get to see the match. Ah I see. You're probably right. Come on kids.

And then Scotland wins. Braveheart Kids, your mummy and daddy still love each other. Very much. You'll still get to see me.
Kia, the doris is coming with us Erm No doubt she'll have a good copy of Drivel Weekly to occupy her during the match mind

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

I thought it'd be 50 Shades Of Grey (or black and blue, whatever pickles your onion).

I wanna see Begbie vs Jake the Muss in a street fight.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:25 pm

Feckless Rogue wrote:Sorry about my rant the other day about bod. I still get annoyed about it, if I think there's a hint of a Kiwi disrespecting O'Driscoll. But I am a Leinster and Ireland fan, so hope you'll forgive my outburst.

The fact is Mealamu has had a very long career and I can only think of two incidents of dirty play. Which is less than most forwards to be fair. And Tana was a hard player but not known as a dirty one before or after this incident.

Lions fans gripe should be entirely with the citing commission people. If they had made the correct decision that would have been that. It was their cop out that turned into a more controversial thing that it should have been. There's nothing left to be said about that incident. And I think the players involved forgot about it and moved on years ago.

With regard to the Haka, it's brilliant. And anybody who's intimidated into playing badly by it shouldn't be facing it. Other nations do Haka's. Are people intimidated by these Haka's? Or is it perhaps the consistently brilliant rugby playing abilities of New Zealand that is intimidating?

Say no more FR. Hug We know where that anger stems from. It must be infuriating seeing how well your Leinster team plays and then how Ireland plays. And that anger tends to resurface a lot. Especially when there's a post by sin é. boxing

Good to hear the marriage won't be on the rocks ABSO. Fair play to her. But as a married man I fear for you knowing the law of compromise. I'll go see the rugby if you go see the flower show with me. We'll get nan to babysit and go see a romantic comedy afterwards. vomit

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:25 pm

disneychilly wrote:I thought it'd be 50 Shades Of Grey (or black and blue, whatever pickles your onion).

I wanna see Begbie vs Jake the Muss in a street fight.
Ouch!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:33 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:
Feckless Rogue wrote:Sorry about my rant the other day about bod. I still get annoyed about it, if I think there's a hint of a Kiwi disrespecting O'Driscoll. But I am a Leinster and Ireland fan, so hope you'll forgive my outburst.

Say no more FR. Hug We know where that anger stems from. It must be infuriating seeing how well your Leinster team plays and then how Ireland plays. And that anger tends to resurface a lot. Especially when there's a post by sin é. boxing

Good to hear the marriage won't be on the rocks ABSO. Fair play to her. But as a married man I fear for you knowing the law of compromise. I'll go see the rugby if you go see the flower show with me. We'll get nan to babysit and go see a romantic comedy afterwards. vomit
The what, kia?!?! Erm Twice bitten, thrice shy, my friend Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:39 pm

Sorry mate. This marriage. 3s company. 1 and 2 were a crowd.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 26 Jul 2012, 2:52 pm

Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Thu 26 Jul 2012, 3:23 pm

4's a (tupperware) party.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 26 Jul 2012, 4:17 pm

I didn't mean to imply that Mealamu intended to injure BOD. Deliberate may have been a better word than premeditated
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4