The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah….

+26
blackcanelion
Breadvan
emack2
mowgli
aucklandlaurie
damage_13
Morgannwg
thebluesmancometh
Luckless Pedestrian
Triangulation
R!skysports
kiakahaaotearoa
Pal Joey
disneychilly
Knackeredknees
sugarNspikes
John Cregan
Biltong
Rory_Gallagher
munkian
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
RuggerRadge2611
jimmyinthewell68
OzT
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
HERSH
30 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah…. Empty The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah….

Post by HERSH Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:40 am

The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah….

What is 1/2p on about? it has nothing to do with not respecting Wales, it’s just a case of they know they can win in a game of rugby because they believe in their own ability more than the Welsh boys do.

Once again all we hear is talk talk talk from the Welsh camp, concentrate on winning a game boys, you have the ability to do it so for the love of god show us.
mad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18561963

Last edited by HERSH on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah…. Empty Re: The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah….

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:42 am

HERSH wrote:The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah….

What is 1/2p on about? it has nothing to do with not respecting Wales, it’s just a case of they know they can win in a game of rugby because they believe in their own ability more than the Welsh boys do.

Once again all we hear is talk talk talk from the Welsh camp, concentrate on winning a game boys, you have the ability to do it so for the love of god show us.
mad

Headscratch

Link?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah…. Empty Re: The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah….

Post by OzT Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 am

Probably this one I guess?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18561963

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:46 am

"I don't think you gain 100% respect in the southern hemisphere until you beat one of them and we haven't done that."

Hmmm, Hersh, it looks like Halfpenny agrees with you. Maybe try reading more than just the headline next time Wink

Nothing to see here, moving right along.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 am

one player views dont make it an all Welsh statement . aus nearly lost the series but for two last minute ref decisions . i would think they respected us even tho we played poor . he prob misquoted again

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:57 am

Who knows maybe Wales will be Australia's Tuesday night warm up match next year and Scotland will get a 3 match series?! Braveheart Run
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:24 am

I dont see whats wrong with that statement. Would you rather be respected for winning or losing? Personally I found some of the praise heaped upon Wales' world cup run a touch patronising. "Oh well done Wales you beat Samoa and Ireland, we'll buy you a pony if you can beat France"

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:01 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:Who knows maybe Wales will be Australia's Tuesday night warm up match next year and Scotland will get a 3 match series?! Braveheart Run

Odds are more likely this will be Scotland's run of decent matches and they will go back to having a mediocre Six Nations as standard Whistle Run
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:02 am

Na, we'll lose our warm up matches if the last couple of seasons is anything to go by, (and often lose after too) so let's play Lower Piddlington's fifth side...

Last edited by OzT on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:03 am

Kiwireddevil wrote:
"I don't think you gain 100% respect in the southern hemisphere until you beat one of them and we haven't done that."

Hmmm, Hersh, it looks like Halfpenny agrees with you. Maybe try reading more than just the headline next time Wink

Halfpenny is right. It is like that ex All Blacks player (not sure who - do you know Kiwi?) who was asked if BOD is a legend of the game and he said no. When asked why, he said it was because he has never done it against the All Blacks. Fair comment IMO.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:06 am

I think they are far too concerned about gaining respect, $$%^^ respect, win.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am

biltongbek wrote:I think they are far too concerned about gaining respect, $$%^^ respect, win.

Did you do a Hersh and not read the article either ? Very Happy
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:

Halfpenny is right. It is like that ex All Blacks player (not sure who - do you know Kiwi?) who was asked if BOD is a legend of the game and he said no. When asked why, he said it was because he has never done it against the All Blacks. Fair comment IMO.

BOD has had superb games against the All Blacks.............he's only one man, and a legend of the game FOR SURE.

Perhaps the Spear "tackle" (id like to use a stronger word) by Mealamu & Umaga showed just how much the ALL Blacks feared BOD, when they decided to almost end his career..............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:10 am

Yes, let me explain why.

South Africa doesn't get the respect. Why?

We are forever being told our game plan is this or that, we are told we lack creative players, read a bit about the perception about SA, we don't play expansive, we don't play rugby , we don't do this , we don't do that.

I say. $%^ that, we still win more than must teams.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarNspikes Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 am

It's a nothing story really, but Halfpenny needs to stop mentioning "respect" in every interview he does.

sugarNspikes

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 am

munkian wrote:
biltongbek wrote:I think they are far too concerned about gaining respect, $$%^^ respect, win.

Did you do a Hersh and not read the article either ? Very Happy

Well Aus didn't read the script this summer as Wales were meant to win this series.

If anyone showed a lack of respect it was the Welsh for talking themselves up so much before the 1st game.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:16 am

He goes on about demanding respect( I think he was in a bbc artical before the series) on now complains they don't have 100% respect as they lost. The fact Australia had to work hard for the wins shows how much they respect Wales. In fact everything from the oz management was about how much they respected them.

Oh and saying Wales went out expecting to win the series shows no respect to Australia

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:17 am

John Cregan wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:

BOD has had superb games against the All Blacks.............he's only one man, and a legend of the game FOR SURE.

Perhaps the Spear "tackle" (id like to use a stronger word) by Mealamu & Umaga showed just how much the ALL Blacks feared BOD, when they decided to almost end his career..............

It wasn't a tackle. It was a reckless cleanout. To be a tackle BOD needed to have the ball.

BOD is a great player, but that statement flatters him. NZ didn't fear anyone in that series. The scoreline showed why. He wouldn't have made the slightest bit of difference. Not with Carter playing like that.

Too right Wales don't get the respect other countries do. Wins are earned not gifted to you. The respect is a positive consequence of those wins.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:19 am

All halfpint said was that the SH doesn't respect teams that do not beat them on their home turf.

Wales haven't done that to Aus in a long time, ergo, Aus won't respect them till they do.

Its another non article from the BBC and another non-sence article from Hersh
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:25 am

I'm sure Aus respect them even if the series was a 3-0 whitewash.

Why does 1/2p need to bang on about it, if anything that shows a lack of respect to the Aussies for implying that they don't respect them?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:26 am

Yes, I'm sure this is him calling a press conference and definately not the BBC after a soundbyte... Rolling Eyes
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:27 am

He needs to grow up or have more media training before he is allowed to speak this nonsense IMO.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:45 am

Of course we do HERSH.

Every other day we had a Wallaby player re-iterating that point: this is a very dangerous Wales side... we've seen what they can do in RWC, 6N, etc. We will have to be at our best to come away with a series win.

I can tell you it was a bit of a "war effort" from the Wallaby players & coaches from that Tuesday night until the Friday before the Brisbane match. After the loss to Scotland the nation's rugby followers were all in shock naturally. Little was detailed in the media - except the message was clear.

What the #### is going on? Fix it! Pick it up.... or else! Everyone knew what the challenge from Wales would be like.

So, I think 1/2p is just stating the throw away line which can be seen as a compliment and if anything, shows respect for Australia's ability to work very hard to get the job done.

As a rule you'd never hear an Aussie (or any other pro player from any other rugby nation) say - "we don't respect you now that we've beaten you!...on our turf" It was never said so we aren't offended at all. OK

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:48 am

I think Halfpenny is talking more about mentality when he talks about respect. Lets be honest, I'm sure there are teams that Australia (or anyone else) would fear more than others, and teams they would prefer to play. That isn't to say they won't give 110% each game, but it would always be at the back of their minds. They would feel more confident depending on the opposition. If they are consistently beating Wales, what is the mentality going to be for both the Aussie players and the Welsh?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:52 am

HERSH wrote:He needs to grow up or have more media training before he is allowed to speak this nonsense IMO.

The irony of this is priceless cake
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:55 am

It was Ian Jones Rory. I think it was a needling comment. Of course there is respect for BOD but we always tend to focus on our own performance rather than worry about what the opposition might do. Australia is very similar. They back themselves to do the job and don't get caught up in what the opposition think about them.

Halfpenny is just frustrated that Wales had three opportunities to make the world sit up and take notice but couldn't in the end get the right result.

The respect will be there in November but it'll show in the performance.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:07 pm

Winning does not always get the respect though

Scotland won 3 from 3 and the first thing some posters did (only some though) was to start a list why it was not worthy of mention

Ah well, we all know you are only as good as your last game, so Scotland are up there with the greatest teams that ever was - until our next humilation :-)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Well actually, I have noted that Scotland have the best record of any of us so far against the SH teams recently..

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:17 pm

If I was a Welsh fan I'd feel very disappointed that after a series whitewash players were still talking, you lost Master 1/2p it has nothing to do with respect you and your team mates bottled it, again!

Lets hope Gatland and Co have learnt from this and pick a Lions team without a Welsh biased.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:33 pm

i hope gats dont pick too many Welsh players because when or if the lions lose a test thats all u here about . after the aus tour i cant see there be more then ten and prob seven of them starters

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:35 pm

You'd probably find 10 scots in the starting 15 looking at the summer tour results.The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah…. Pot10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:43 pm

biltongbek wrote:You'd probably find 10 scots in the starting 15 looking at the summer tour results.The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah…. Pot10

Youd be lucky to find 10 scots in their own side

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:43 pm

Why do the welsh travel soo badly?
Is this why SCW ommitted so many of them to their obvious fury in B&I Lions squad 2005?
Henson also publicly demanded to picked on that tour in spite of doing nothing to warrant it, remember?
Forced Alisdair Campbell and SCW to stage that photoshoot. So embarrassing.

It doenst matter a jot what 1/2pint said. Its the fact that he is even using that word at all. And apparently has previous for it.

Why is he doing that? What is his point? Wales are not there for respect. International players do not play for respect. How does respect help with IRB rankings?

It is irrelevant. Win and the respect will either follow or it wont. What does 1/2 pint want a fecking medal?

There is no sense in talking about respect on and on like this. No sense at all. As has been recognition/respect comes in selection and acclaim through performance and winning!

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
biltongbek wrote:You'd probably find 10 scots in the starting 15 looking at the summer tour results.The SH teams don’t respect Wales 100% blah blah blah…. Pot10

Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:45 pm

That’s fine as long as the Lions win, I think SCW was spot on, this Lions tour will damage Wales in their bid for 2015 RWC Glory as I can only see a handful of Welsh players getting picked, they'll be moaning/talking about it to the media for years to come based on this evidence.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:47 pm

biltongbek wrote:

Laugh

Easy

Tim McVisser to start the ball rolling

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:47 pm

Riskysports wrote:
biltongbek wrote:

Laugh

Easy

Tim McVisser to start the ball rolling
Good comeback Risky. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:50 pm

The Welsh are clearly obsessed with "respect".

Here is acting head coach Howley at it again!!!!!!!!

""The respect we have had over here has been great, but this Welsh team is better than that. We want to win international games and the one thing you need to do when you gain respect is come to places like Australia and win."

His take on it is even more extreme: he is saying step 1: gain (desperately important to the welsh) Respect, step 2: win games

In that order!!!

WTF !!!

The welsh are MENTAL!

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:51 pm

I wouldn't go that far.

But they clearly have many meetings about Respect!

Last edited by HERSH on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because)
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Triangulation wrote:

The welsh are MENTAL!

Oi show some respect will you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:57 pm

OK to be fair he may have just expressed himself in a slightly confusing way. Perhaps he means 1. wins then 2. respect.

BUT the general point stands.

Welshies i give you this one piece of advice - forget about respect and get on with performing and winning.

That is all.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:57 pm

thumbsup
Red_Dragon_Spirit wrote:
Triangulation wrote:

The welsh are MENTAL!

Oi show some respect will you.

kiss

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 pm

u have to understand we been a rubbish side for what it seemed like an age . i would bet most teams at that time would be rubbing their hands the thought of playing us . now hopefully since 2005 we bit more respected . no still sounds stupid . we should all stop using that word from now on

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Tri, that is not acceptable mate, you are generalising and being derogatory to all Welsh people.

Last edited by biltongbek on Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:03 pm

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Find out what it means to me
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Take care, TCB

Oh (Sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)
A little respect (Sock it to me, sock it to me,
sock it to me, sock it to me)

drumroll

Last edited by Red_Dragon_Spirit on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the music)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:13 pm

sugarNspikes wrote:It's a nothing story really, but Halfpenny needs to stop mentioning "respect" in every interview he does.

That just about sums it up.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:16 pm

biltongbek wrote:Tri, that is not acceptable mate, you are generalising and being derogatory to all Welsh people.

Sorry then to all welsh people. I was only joking.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Triangulation Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:17 pm

Triangulation wrote:OK to be fair he may have just expressed himself in a slightly confusing way. Perhaps he means 1. wins then 2. respect.

BUT the general point stands.

Welshies i give you this one piece of advice - forget about respect and get on with performing and winning.

That is all.

Triangulation

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:22 pm

On reflection, it's actually quite revealing that the Welsh camp keep going on about respect (Halfpenny before the series began, Lydiate after the first Test, now Howley and Halfpenny again); what it reveals is that the Welsh players have a genuine sense of inferiority when it comes to the southern hemisphere Big Three. If you felt - knew - that you were the equal of someone, you wouldn't worry about something as trivial as whether or not they respected you.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:28 pm

This is a fans' forum, so HERSH has every right to sit at home, compose a comment and post it.

HERSH may be cleverer than Halfpenny at making comments.

But Halfpenny's a player, good enough to kick 15 out of 16 goals in a 3 match international series, including one 40-yarder after landing on his head from a height.

If Halfpenny hasn't quite got the HERSH magic when making a comment, I know he can play rugby a helluva lot better! As a fan, that's what's really important to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next