The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Borrowed time

4 posters

Go down

Borrowed time Empty Borrowed time

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm

Here's a question aimed at specifically Scottish and Irish supporters.

Do you feel your coaches in recent times have been on borrowed time? If so, what will it take to get a reprieve?

Now the reason why I ask this question is that I get the sense recent results for Scotland have bought AR some time? After the wooden spoon efforts of the 6N, this seems incredible to me but is it a fair assessment? And if it is the case, then is AR still on borrowed time if future results in the autumn and next 6N don't go his way.

As for Ireland, they're still in a hurt place no doubt but from the depths of despair - sorry if that sounds melodramatic - is there any possibility of seeing the light with Kidney or has his flame well and truly extinguished?

Because I get the feeling, how Ireland is feeling now was how Scotland was feeling at the end of February. Are new shoots possible in ostensibly arid, infertile soil?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Borrowed time Empty Re: Borrowed time

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:08 pm

Andy Robinson is very much on borrowed time. The summer tour was better, but only meaningful if that progress (and the correct selections) are maintained going forward.

We need to win 2 from 3 of the AIs to get the required IRB ranking. That would be a big start.

We also need to win at least 2 from 3 of our home games in the 6 Nations.

If Robinson delivers the above, then I'll doff my cap to the SRU for sticking with him.

Personally, I'd sack him tomorrow. The selection of Dan Parks at the start of the 6 Nations was one of the worst selection calls I can remember. It's right up there with Sir Clive selecting Jones and Wilkinson at 10/12 for the Lions against New Zealand.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:10 pm

Who do you think warrants having a shorter candlestick in your opinion FES? Or to put it another but no less ambiguous way, who will outlast the other?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:18 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:The selection of Dan Parks at the start of the 6 Nations was one of the worst selection calls I can remember.

It's the only time I can remember there being unanimous disagreement with a selection on these boards.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:36 pm

As an Irish fan looking at the Scottish setup they have a bright future they just need to strike a balance as they cant seem to defend and attack in the same game. Robinson is trying to bring young guys in and there is a lot of potential there and guys like Hogg Rennie Denton and Visser are exciting prospects.

Ireland are screwed, Kidney needs to go but with Lansdowne still being paid off I cant see him being sacked and would any of us walk away from a nice payday?
Hes not bringing the team forward and if anything everythings went backwards since he took over from Grandslam winners to the worst defeat in the professional era.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down