The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitting Centre Court Match For Royalty

2 posters

Go down

Fitting Centre Court Match For Royalty Empty Fitting Centre Court Match For Royalty

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:50 pm

Right people. Charlie decided to visit the spectacle that is Centre Court. My challenge to you is to pick 2 matches (Mens and Womens Singles) from any era. What would be the matches you think would be worthy of royalty?

Mine would be:

Roger Federer (2006) v Pete Sampras (1999)

Billie Jean King (1972) v Steffi Graf (1995)

Back to top Go down

Fitting Centre Court Match For Royalty Empty Re: Fitting Centre Court Match For Royalty

Post by hawkeye Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:10 pm

legendkillarV2

We don't have to speculate about what player the future king wants to watch as the evidence is there for everyone to see. I suppose we could speculate about who the lesser Royals want to watch. Can you give some indication of how far down the line of succession to the throne you had in mind before I make a match choice for them?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Fitting Centre Court Match For Royalty Empty Re: Fitting Centre Court Match For Royalty

Post by sirfredperry Wed 27 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

As for matches that actually took place the royals could do worse than see:
:: 1980 men's final Borg-McEnroe
:: 1970 women's final - BJ King-Margaret Court
The Sampras-Federer clash in the fourth round in 2001 weren't bad, either (I was there).

For fightbacks, when the royals were probably hoping to nip of for a cup of tea or something stronger but had to sit it out, you could pick the Connors-Penfors match in 87 when Jimmy C came back from 1-6, 1-6, 1-4 to win in five.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:12 pm

hawkeye wrote:legendkillarV2

We don't have to speculate about what player the future king wants to watch as the evidence is there for everyone to see. I suppose we could speculate about who the lesser Royals want to watch. Can you give some indication of how far down the line of succession to the throne you had in mind before I make a match choice for them?

It is called preference Hawky.

The royals like Wade, Murray and Federer based on what you call 'facts'.

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:25 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
hawkeye wrote:legendkillarV2

It is called preference Hawky.

The royals like Wade, Murray and Federer based on what you call 'facts'.

Well not the future king. He only wants to watch Roger.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down