The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simon having a go at women tennis

+11
barrystar
invisiblecoolers
Seifer Almasy
laverfan
bogbrush
JuliusHMarx
socal1976
djlovesyou
hawkeye
Josiah Maiestas
whocares
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Simon having a go at women tennis - Page 2 Empty Simon having a go at women tennis

Post by whocares Thu 28 Jun - 2:25

First topic message reminder :

ok its from the daily mail but nothing like a bit of controversy when it rains in SW13 (or wherever it is).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2165239/Wimbledon-2012-Women-dont-deserve-equal-prize-money--Gilles-Simon.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

French tennis star Gilles Simon has shocked Wimbledon by claiming women players do not deserve equal pay with men.
The prize-money for men and women at Wimbledon has been the same since 2007, but Simon, the No 13 seed who plays on Court No 1 on Wednesday against Belgian Xavier Malisse, claims equal pay is wrong.
Simon, who has just been elected to the Association of Tennis Professionals council, said: ‘Equal pay doesn’t work in sport. We talk a lot about it but I don’t think it works.

Marion Bartoli replied today that 1) its only valid in GS and some tournaments and 2) Women train as hard as men do so deserve the same return.
is she right or is Gilles Simon right in saying :

I think right now that men’s tennis is better than women’s tennis. In Grand Slams men spend twice as much time on court as the women.
‘When Rome became a joint tournament it was to save the women because I remember a final with 20 spectators.’

discuss Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Simon having a go at women tennis - Page 2 Empty Re: Simon having a go at women tennis

Post by bogbrush Fri 29 Jun - 7:51

That's idiotic dj. It's possible to find a situation absurd without hating women. Really, it is.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Simon having a go at women tennis - Page 2 Empty Re: Simon having a go at women tennis

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri 29 Jun - 7:57

djlovesyou wrote:I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I was saying it wasn't your fault that you're a misogynist.

The first sign of a losing argument is taking argument to the person. You fail.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Fri 29 Jun - 8:03

People enjoy watching Men's sports more

theres NOTHING better the womans beach vollyball Very Happy

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 29 Jun - 8:16

djlovesyou wrote:I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I was saying it wasn't your fault that you're a misogynist.

I knew you wouldn't be able to discuss this issue rationally without throwing out names because of what you believe my background to be due to my Iranian heritage. Been down this bridge with you before Dj, it is what makes you a sad loser who thinks he can tell anything about someone simply from the place they are born and their views on tennis prize money. Pathetic, Pathetic DJ goes to her slurs on my heritage.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 29 Jun - 8:17

paulscholes wrote: People enjoy watching Men's sports more

theres NOTHING better the womans beach vollyball Very Happy

If a women's sport is a bigger draw lets say in volleyball or tennis or in any other endeavor then they should get paid more than the men. And vice versa is the same. For example female models often get paid much more, should the men make as much as they do, of course not they are not the headliners.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2