The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Creative told to work on Dean Ambrose debut

+7
NickisBHAFC
sodhat
Buzzman
Samo
Crimey
Jammy31
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

WWE Creative told to work on Dean Ambrose debut Empty WWE Creative told to work on Dean Ambrose debut

Post by Fernando Wed 27 Jun 2012, 7:34 pm

WWE writers have been working on ways to bring Dean Ambrose to the main roster. Word is that he will be on the RAW brand.

Source: nodq.com

So how would you debut Dean Ambrose?

Personally if they want him to make a impact straight away then id have him side with the crazy AJ either attacking D Bryan or Punk at their match at MITB

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE Creative told to work on Dean Ambrose debut Empty Re: WWE Creative told to work on Dean Ambrose debut

Post by Jammy31 Wed 27 Jun 2012, 7:57 pm

This definitely has to involve Punk or Bryan. I'm thinking after the match and during Punk's celebration (Bryan still in the ring), the lights dim. Up on the Titantron, a video package plays still unclear about what it is. The video package finishes and the lights go out. Moments later, the lights come back up with Punk and Bryan both laid out and Ambrose standing over them. This could then create a feud for Bryan whilst Punk is kept busy by something else (later to feud with Ambrose if he gets a push)
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

WWE Creative told to work on Dean Ambrose debut Empty Re: WWE Creative told to work on Dean Ambrose debut

Post by Crimey Wed 27 Jun 2012, 7:59 pm

Let's not kid ourselves, he'll début as one of Brodus Clay's backup dancers.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 27 Jun 2012, 8:25 pm

He's got to have an instant impact if hes going to do anything. I'd have him attack whoever loses the WWE title match and MitB. Cant have him going after the champ, that wont last 5 minutes.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

certainly a ma with bags of potential and at a relatively young age (for a wrestler) hope they don't mess this one up!

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:19 pm

So was the Foley stuff a work or not?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:59 pm

Have him attack Foley on the 1000th editon of Raw IMO and lead to a Summer Slam match. Never going to happen though is it

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 28 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

I was just surprised the whole angle died down completely and wasn't mentioned again

That is, if it was an angle which I am still not sure about!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 28 Jun 2012, 2:24 pm

sodhat wrote:I was just surprised the whole angle died down completely and wasn't mentioned again

That is, if it was an angle which I am still not sure about!

It was an angle that turned into a bit of a shoot. The whole confrontation during Wrestlemania weekend was planned, and the frud was meant to kick on from there but Foley legitimately took offence to Ambrose tweeting about Mick's kids. He asked Ambrose not to mention his kids again, a request that was ignored, and from there Foley stated he didn't want to work with Ambrose. They've since cleared the air according to Foley.

Another thing hampering the whole angle was the fact that Triple H - who is seemingly a fan of Ambrose - feels that Foley isn't worth jack any more and didn't want to saddle a guy WWE have high hopes for with a guy who's name (in HHH's eyes) is worthless.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu 28 Jun 2012, 2:27 pm

I'm not convinced it was an angle. I suspect there was something going on and WWE decided to try and make it into an angle then realised it was a bit to real and a bit of a non-story also. I think there is genuine aminosity between the two but over something that isn't really the stuff of a decent storyline. Plus when has Mick ever put on a decent wrestling match recently. Edge v Mick was good but since then?

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 28 Jun 2012, 2:37 pm

Disagree Zoot, the way Ambrose confronted Foley had angle written all over it. Fair enough it wasn't your typical 'backstage at RAW' confrontation, I think they were just trying to go a different route and make it seem less contrived.

And to be honest, this feud was never going to be about the match, the same way that any of Foley's future bouts (if he has any) are going to be about what happens from a wrestling standpoint. At this stage of his career it's all about what Foley can do on the mic and the fact that he's willing to take the loss whilst making his opponent look as strong as possible.

Last edited by theundisputedY2D2 on Thu 28 Jun 2012, 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Thu 28 Jun 2012, 2:39 pm

It just got so little coverge for me. The "dirt sheets" were all over it but WWE didn't seem to cover it in the slightest. Maybe it was only an angle that Ambrose went to Foley with or something?!?

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 28 Jun 2012, 2:45 pm

That's a good point mate. I don't recall there being any mention at all about it from WWE? Maybe they wanted to have a little bit of a back story for when Ambrose debuted? Kind of like;

"Who is this guy?"

"Why it's that low down dirty rat who's been hassling Mick Foley!"

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 28 Jun 2012, 5:40 pm

Mick Foley made stars out of Orton and Edge.

He might not have it in the ring anymore, but his promo skills will more than make up for that.

For me? Foleys name still carries weight.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 28 Jun 2012, 5:56 pm

Samo wrote:

Yeah, about 275lbs.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Thu 28 Jun 2012, 7:17 pm

Samo wrote:Mick Foley made stars out of Orton and Edge.

He might not have it in the ring anymore, but his promo skills will more than make up for that.

See I disagree, back then it carried a lot but it has been cheapened massively with the constant use of him in meaningless joke bits. It has got to the point now where I skip anything he does, the whole point of Foley was that whilst he did all those skits he still had that edge to him, for me that edge has been blunt for awhile now after his run in TNA and subsequent return. The PG era doesn't suit Foley and I doubt we would see the kind of actions (barbed wire, fire, drawing pins etc.) being employed which were the main reason for Orton and Edge coming out looking much stronger.

I'd much rather he go up against a full time roster member or if they are to go with a legendary name then go with someone who can still go like Booker.

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:48 am

I think Foley could still pull off what he did for Triple H, Randy Orton and Edge but it would require re-educating the audience somewhat.

You could have Ambrose ripping into Foley for weeks on end, before Foley finally snaps and transforms into his Cactus Jack persona. From there would be the most crucial aspect of the feud - selling 'Cactus Jack' as one of the most dangerous individuals ever to step foot inside a ring. You'd need video footage, interviews with wrestlers and perhaps even guys talking to Ambrose and saying stuff like "Do you realise what you've done?"

Ambrose would need to play a huge part in selling how dangerous & sadistic Cactus Jack was / is, in fact it would be very similar to how the HHH / Foley feud from 2000 played out. Back then, Trips beat up Mankind on RAW but when Foley 'morphed' into Cactus Jack on the following Smackdown HHH sold it like he'd just seen the Devil himself.

I also don't think Foley would need barbed wire, thumbtacks or fire to put on a compelling and somewhat brutal match with Dean Ambrose. Sure they'd have to get a little creative but I reckon they could pull it off and still make Ambrose look like he's just gone through hell to beat one of the most dangerous wrestlers ever.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:54 am

It's not like Foley has ever been brilliant in the ring anyway, his strength is story-telling and promos and he can still pull that off as well now as he could 6 years ago, which is when he had his feud with Edge.

Like Y2D2 says, you just need to sell it as a big deal and the audience would buy into it as a big deal. It'd be a better use of Foley than comedy segments anyway and it wouldn't harm any of the other midcarders he would have to go over instead.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 29 Jun 2012, 5:59 pm

The problem with your idea Y2 is that the WWE seem to be incapable of sensible booking these days. But thats pretty much exactly how I would book it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down