The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dean Ambrose - Have your views changed?

+10
Mat
MtotheC
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Statto00
Amy
NickisBHAFC
MIG
BD21
Adam D
Hero
14 posters

Go down

Dean Ambrose - Have your views changed? Empty Dean Ambrose - Have your views changed?

Post by Hero Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:15 pm

A few weeks ago when the World Cup on this very board was getting underway I stated the case for the inclusion of a certain Dean Ambrose which was met with quite considerable consternation.

I'd just like to ask those that were perhaps hesitant at that time if their opinion of him, has he won them over or do they still think for what they have seen that he is overrated?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Dean Ambrose - Have your views changed? Empty Re: Dean Ambrose - Have your views changed?

Post by Adam D Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:17 pm

Robbie E> MVP > Ambrose

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Dean Ambrose - Have your views changed? Empty Re: Dean Ambrose - Have your views changed?

Post by BD21 Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:28 pm

I'm liking him. I have stated before that I haven't seen anything of him until his debut at Survivor Series. I stayed away from the various promos online as I felt that watching stuff from a guy i'd never seen before with the promos being out of context, would have put me off the guy.

His mannerisms remind me of the joker, I like his intensity. By god though, he is ugly!

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:41 pm

I never thought he was over hyped or over rated by anyone. I was certainly very intrigued to see him for myself to make my own mind up about him. So far so good.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 09 Dec 2012, 8:57 pm

Reigns has impressed me most out of the shield.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Sun 09 Dec 2012, 10:26 pm

Spoiler:

Amy

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:13 am

He's as good as anticipated, however that doesn't mean he deserved inclusion in a poll on who's been the best in the past 12 months.

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:33 am

I'd have said he had, FCW was probably watched more than a few of the indy feds and was more easily accessible through the internet. During the 12 months he had the 30 min match with Punk, feuds with the likes of Rollins and Steamboat, and the big feud with Regal.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:50 am

I like him, what I've seen of him. Good to see he's already adopting the role of main mouthpiece.
The interview with Michael Cole and the Smackdown video were both good.
I agree he didn't warrant inclusion in the World Cup - good things come to those who wait, I'm sure he'll have a good showing next year.
Also agree with "the sword" thing - reading too much into it Macc. It was just a play on word association with shield and sword.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 10 Dec 2012, 10:55 am

WM30 Ambrose v Slater for the WWE title?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:00 am

Sounds about right to me.
Slater's been main eventing with Cena of late, and the rumours backstage are that they are testing the waters for a World Title feud between the two in 2013. So if Slater were to win that round about this time next year, Ambrose wins the rumble, then the WM30 main event everyone wants will be set. They could set the tone with a 3MB vs The Shield Survivor Series match

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:29 am

Hero wrote:WM30 Ambrose v Slater for the WWE title?

On that note, slater only has another 4 and a half months to win that singles title E.D! Get your name change ready!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 10 Dec 2012, 11:37 am

I'm now 100% sure he will Mtothe

He will beat Antonio Casano at Elimination Chambre

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon 10 Dec 2012, 12:47 pm

To be fair if he did I would prob mark out... but just a little bit! And then get writing my slater anthem!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Mon 10 Dec 2012, 7:42 pm

He's actually quite good!

No Mason Ryan though.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Dec 2012, 2:47 pm

I think there's a definite danger of going way over the top here about Dean Ambrose, I like him, I've liked him since the first time I clapped eyes on him about 2 years ago and made no bones about comparing him to Roddy Piper, now, with that being said I think its great the the WWE have found an 'in' for him and have gave him a platform however let's be realistic about it, he's hardly been in the place long enough or did or said anything significant that should signal a change in opinion of him, what he's doing is fresh, but only because he's a fresh face, nothing that's been done or said so far threatened to change the outlook of the business

They've had a few run-ins and a couple of good although pre-taped promos, they've not had to think on their feet too often as of yet so while its good to see fresh faces, talented faces its too early to be expecting people to have changed their cviews on anyone, until he or Rollins or Reigns do anything spectacular I feel people should just be content with allowing these guys to settle in without heaping to much pressure on them

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Dec 2012, 3:37 pm

Nope, i'm still not sure who he is

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 11 Dec 2012, 4:00 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:I think there's a definite danger of going way over the top here about Dean Ambrose, I like him, I've liked him since the first time I clapped eyes on him about 2 years ago and made no bones about comparing him to Roddy Piper, now, with that being said I think its great the the WWE have found an 'in' for him and have gave him a platform however let's be realistic about it, he's hardly been in the place long enough or did or said anything significant that should signal a change in opinion of him, what he's doing is fresh, but only because he's a fresh face, nothing that's been done or said so far threatened to change the outlook of the business

They've had a few run-ins and a couple of good although pre-taped promos, they've not had to think on their feet too often as of yet so while its good to see fresh faces, talented faces its too early to be expecting people to have changed their cviews on anyone, until he or Rollins or Reigns do anything spectacular I feel people should just be content with allowing these guys to settle in without heaping to much pressure on them

I'd certainly like a 'live' promo over the coming weeks, he showed in FCW that side but he is known for the intense backstage camera style ones.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 11 Dec 2012, 6:03 pm

Yeah I'm not doubting him, I've seen most of his work as it happened apart from the 5 months out I took between Feb/July whicj I viewed retrospectively, what I'm saying is though there's a difference between doing a promo from the safety of Pre-Tape in front of a handful of crew in the back though, as for talking in front of a crowd, I know he can do it, but again there's a difference from doing it in a glorified Gym hall and doing it in an arena in front of 10,000+ fans and knowing Millions are watching Live at home

Feeling the pressure of ratings ect...its a lot of burden for a young man of 26 with no big time experiance, that said, I'm not doubting him, just being realistic about the basic obstacles that'll be standing in his way when he does start doing this

As of yet he's not done anything that I wouldn't expect anyone else in his position to have done, I do expect him to succeed though but I don't think he's done anything at this point that the majority of FCW guys couldn't have done

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:46 am

Anyone see how Ambrose took the RKO on last Monday's Raw? Took it and sold it ridiculously well.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:57 am

I still think Roman Reigns will go the furthest out of the shield, the other two have impressed me but its getting a little repetitive now. All they do is attack faces, they need to do something a bit different.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Jan 2013, 10:48 am

What kind of feud they are given heading towards mania will be all important. If they dont get mic time in a decent feud they are gonna be completely lost in build between Punk, Cena, Rock, Taker, Lesnar etc. That could crush their momentum.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down