The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beware of the X-Man

2 posters

Go down

Beware of the X-Man Empty Beware of the X-Man

Post by newballs Sun 01 Jul 2012, 4:13 pm

An interesting analysis of what appears to be Novak's title to lose-

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1243051-wimbledon-2012-draw-analysis-from-4th-round-novak-djokovic-favored

However be warned there are no doubt lots of twists and turns on the way in what could be the most unpredictable Wimbledon since Hewitt won in 2002. The biggest shock could come on Monday centre court roof open or closed when Federer takes on the mercurial Belgian Xavier Malisse. Consider how Roger struggled against Benneteau and Xavier is a much better grass court player than him having made the semis some ten years ago.

So expect the unexpected and should that come to pass the shocks won't end there. After all a Nalbandian Malisse semi-final in 2002 produced an unexpected finalist and that kind of match -up could again could be on the cards in the bottom half of the draw. Xavier no doubt would be hard pressed to subsequently beat (in all likelihood) Youzhny then Djokovic in the top half but such a prospect could make this one of the most interesting Wimbledons for years.

Last edited by newballs on Sun 01 Jul 2012, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

newballs

Back to top Go down

Beware of the X-Man Empty Re: Beware of the X-Man

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sun 01 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

I feel for some reasons you are desperate for Fed to go. You had already picked an upset on the previous round but it didn't materialize. As regards to the Malisse match: I would suggest if you are that confident, why not give a punt to, you get a rewarding 9/1. I personally wouldn't do that: Malisse as likeable as it is has a story of underachievement and his game is a perfect match for Fed's.
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Jul 2012, 5:31 pm

Unless Fed has a shocker this should be str8forward

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Sun 01 Jul 2012, 5:40 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:I feel for some reasons you are desperate for Fed to go. You had already picked an upset on the previous round but it didn't materialize. As regards to the Malisse match: I would suggest if you are that confident, why not give a punt to, you get a rewarding 9/1. I personally wouldn't do that: Malisse as likeable as it is has a story of underachievement and his game is a perfect match for Fed's.

JK you must be confusing me with another poster if you're suggesting I had predicted an earlier exit for Federer. That said he looked like he was past his best in that particular struggle and might not have the legs for this one.
9/1 odds? Pretty generous for a two horse race!

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down