The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novak Says Federer's Return To No. 1 Would Be 'Well Deserved'

4 posters

Go down

Novak Says Federer's Return To No. 1 Would Be 'Well Deserved' Empty Novak Says Federer's Return To No. 1 Would Be 'Well Deserved'

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 06 Jul 2012, 7:31 pm

Novak Djokovic says that Roger Federer's return to World No. 1 will be well deserved if it happens. The Swiss will usurp the top spot from Djokovic in the South African Airways ATP Rankings if he wins a seventh Wimbledon title Sunday.

“If he wins and becomes No. 1, it's going to be well deserved,” Djokovic said. “He's played fantastic this year. He's been so consistent. If he wins, he wins. There's nothing I can do about it. The best player will win this tournament. I'm out.

I guess this speaks volume of how well players conduct themselves off and on the court these days, players have great respect for each other and understands this is just a game and not war. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Novak Says Federer's Return To No. 1 Would Be 'Well Deserved' Empty Re: Novak Says Federer's Return To No. 1 Would Be 'Well Deserved'

Post by invisiblecoolers Fri 06 Jul 2012, 7:40 pm

here is the link for the above article in ATP

[atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/07/27/Wimbledon-Friday2-Djokovic-To-Unwind-Before-Olympics.aspx]

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Novak Says Federer's Return To No. 1 Would Be 'Well Deserved' Empty Re: Novak Says Federer's Return To No. 1 Would Be 'Well Deserved'

Post by luciusmann Fri 06 Jul 2012, 9:28 pm

Regardless of whether he gets the No.1 spot, Fed is safely No.2 by a comfortable 1, 370 points over Nadal by just making the final! That means no more semi-finals with Djokovic! Yahoo

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 06 Jul 2012, 10:12 pm

Great performance by Roger. He just served really well and played the big points so effectively. Yes he would certainly deserve the number one ranking. I will be happy for no more semi matchups from now on.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Sat 07 Jul 2012, 1:15 am

Federer loves playing indoors, even though it slows down at Wimbledon I think his serve is unreal on fast or indoor courts. Today, the whole of Dubai and Madrid he served like a god

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Sat 07 Jul 2012, 1:26 am

socal1976 wrote:Great performance by Roger. He just served really well and played the big points so effectively. Yes he would certainly deserve the number one ranking. I will be happy for no more semi matchups from now on.

SoCal, you're very gracious even though it must be tough for you that Djokovic lost today. I'm glad you think he will deserve to be No.1 and he will be if he wins Wimbledon. I'm certain Djokovic will roar back during the North American hard court swing on a surface he'll feel more @ home on so I'm sure Fed won't stay too long @ No.1 but regardless, you won't need to worry about any more semis between Fed & Djokovic until next year I imagine!

CAS, I was amazed to see Fed looking so imperious on serve, it reminded me so much of the Fed of old, the Fed who won 5 Wimbledon titles in a row and was dominating so much. The field is certainly tough and that level of domination doesn't happen now (if it does it's exceptional, like Djokovic's run last year) but seeing Fed holding his serve so comfortably was brilliant. It puts me more @ ease for the Wimbledon final because it's that serve that got him through this Wimbledon despite the back problem, despite being 2 points away defeat 6 different times in R3, despite knowing that many regarded this as his best chance when Nadal went out early. He held in there and now he may be rewarded....! Yahoo

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Sat 07 Jul 2012, 3:14 am

I couldn't agree more lucias, my nerves are at their highest when Federer serves against Nadal and Djokovic on clay and slow hard courts. I just never feel comfortable he will hold, just look at the French Open this year, he was broken so often it was ridiculous. When he serves like that, I feel so relaxed, even when he falls down 0-30.

When he served for it, even at 30-30 I was slightly calm because he hadn't even hit a first serve yet so I knew he was in control. Murray is a great returner, but so is Novak so it will be tough for Andy thats for sure, but I do strongly believe it was because it was indoors, outdoors I'm not quite as confident

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sat 07 Jul 2012, 3:42 am

socal1976 wrote:Great performance by Roger. He just served really well and played the big points so effectively. Yes he would certainly deserve the number one ranking. I will be happy for no more semi matchups from now on.

Socal as gracious and humble as his hero thumbsup Hug

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down