The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 10 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 11 Aug 2012, 4:18 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 10 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by GSC Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:37 pm

On the flip side, hopefully this makes Maynard available
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 10 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:16 pm

Can see West Ham possibly going down though which will just scupper that deal anyway! If he's going there, must mean NUFC are confident Demba Ba is staying. Good News.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:29 pm

Good move for Carroll though, links up with Nolan, and plays in a team that suits him
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:33 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:Good move for Carroll though, links up with Nolan, and plays in a team that suits him

Yer, Allardyce's style of long ball will suit him. Linking up with Nolan will be effective to a certain point, it got NUFC to mid-table to be fair before Hughton got sacked. Still can't see him ending up at West Ham long term.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:37 pm

He had to live with Nolan after his court case, linking up can only help his confidence.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:53 pm

I give up.

After the positivity of last year, I know the season didn't go amazing, but I felt there was a positivity at the club that hadn't been there since 08-09 season. I can't help but feel less positive about things this year. I think Rodgers has gone about it in the wrong way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:55 pm

Rodgers has got to build his own team though. Its clear Carroll didn't fit into his vision and he didn't want him. 19m eventually is a great price.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:01 pm

I still think Carroll will end up a really great player, was a big fan of the effort he put in at Liverpool after he clearly didn't want to move in the first place. By the end of the season he seemed to be really happy, playing well and looked to be fulfilling his potential.

I just can't see Borini doing any better.

I know he has to build his own side, but I think Rodgers could come to regret it.

There are other players that won't fit into his style either who haven't been sold, and don't seem to be about to be sold. Charlie Adam for one, who short, simple passing game hardly suits him at all.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:03 pm

Oscar isn't a big signing Wink Just a Kleberson wannabe. Aside from Debuchy and Cazorla there probably won't be many more big names.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:13 pm

Outgoing maybe.

Van Persie, Modric could both leave the Premier League.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:21 pm

Outgoing yes. Something distracted me mid penguin.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:26 pm

Crimey wrote:I still think Carroll will end up a really great player, was a big fan of the effort he put in at Liverpool after he clearly didn't want to move in the first place. By the end of the season he seemed to be really happy, playing well and looked to be fulfilling his potential.

I just can't see Borini doing any better.

I know he has to build his own side, but I think Rodgers could come to regret it.

There are other players that won't fit into his style either who haven't been sold, and don't seem to be about to be sold. Charlie Adam for one, who short, simple passing game hardly suits him at all.

Agree with everything you said Crimey. Think Rodgers will regret this big time
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jul 2012, 12:11 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Oscar isn't a big signing Wink Just a Kleberson wannabe. Aside from Debuchy and Cazorla there probably won't be many more big names.

Still can't believe you stated Oscar was not a big signing in the first place but anyway. Debuchy is still up in the air, apparently we've (NUFC) been offered Van Der Wiel from Ajax as an alternative option. Santon would just go to left back. I think it's wrong of you to just discount any more big names coming to the premier league, especially when Man City haven't even opened their cheque book as of yet and I'm sure Man United, Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool will add to their squads. The window doesn't shut for another month.....patience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 31 Jul 2012, 12:12 pm

Sunderland have made a £10 million bid for Steven Fletcher. Not accepted yet as Wolves wait to see if other clubs will make a bid.

That would be a good signing for Sunderland, after losing both Bent and Gyan, with Bendtner back at Arsenal, Fletcher would be a good goalscoring striker to sign.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clint Dempsey hasn't joined Fulham's pre-season training because of Liverpool getting closer to make a bid.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 31 Jul 2012, 12:24 pm

vomit
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 31 Jul 2012, 6:40 pm

Cazorla for 16m apparently
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:36 pm

Everton have resigned Pienaar for £4.5 million, £1.5 million more than they sold him for 18 months ago. For a team like Everton where every £1 million seems to count, that's not great.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:37 pm

That was 6 months before his deal ran out iirc.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

James Collins back to West Ham
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:06 am

RVP has gone to Juve apparently
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:11 am

GSC wrote:RVP has gone to Juve apparently

Hearing the opposite in that Juventus have cooled off from the deal.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:13 am

Ron Vlaar to Villa,(dont think that has been mentioned).

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:16 am

Rumoured hes signed and they just have to agree a fee
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:18 am

West Ham apparently want to offer Carroll a deal worth £36 million Laugh

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4465378/Andy-Carroll-transfer-West-Ham-offer-36m-contract-to-Liverpool-striker.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:18 am

thought juve were going after dzecko instead? still wouldn't be surprised to see him sign for juve, seems the club that will fit him best if you ask me.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:19 am

RVP is cheaper and (prob) better.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:25 am

i agree, never really rated dzecko, always thought grafite looked the better player at wolfsburg.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:40 am

Demba Ba's release clause has run out, so seems unlikely that he'll leave Newcastle now.

Andy Carroll has been named in the Europa League squad, if he plays that will mean he won't be able to play in Europe for other clubs, ruling out moves to quite a few teams including Newcastle. Wouldn't affect the West Ham move though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:42 am

Its only Carroll holding up a move to West Ham as he still wants to return to Newcastle.

Given Ba's sticking around and Liverpool have made it clear hes not wanted, I'd suggest stick it out at West Ham for a year or two and rebuild a reputation in a team that'll play to your strengths.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 11:44 am

In fact I'm wrong, it wouldn't affect his eligibility.

It may be that he is only in the squad because Suarez is at the Olympics.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 01 Aug 2012, 4:00 pm

Corzola to Arsenal Yahoo

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 4:04 pm

That has been reported so many times without any confirmation.

Latest I've heard is that the deal has been killed because Malaga are about to get taken over which will end their financial issues.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 4:57 pm

Does anybody think that Di Matteo/Abramovic might be building a Chelsea side that's going to play in a Spain/Barcelona-esque formation with six midfielders?

Marin---Mata---Hazard---Oscar

---------Mikel---Ramires----

They've only got two strikers in Torres and Lukaku and are not being linked with any strikers, Cavani the only one really and he has stated that he's staying at Napoli. Then they've got to fit Lampard, Meireles, Romeu and possibly Malouda into their side as well. I can see them just not playing a striker and playing the above formation.

However I think this could fail, Hazard and Oscar will take a bit to adjust the Premier League, Mata is creator with no focal point to use, it can work with a team full of Spanish but I think Mata will struggle, and Marin won't have anybody to cross to.

I just can't see how they can sign so many attacking midfielders, keep them all happy without playing six midfielders. Especially as Di Matteo didn't seem convinced by Torres or Lukaku last year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:21 pm

Last manager who tried to get them playing a more attacking style faced a player revolt from the old guard. Fair enough Drogba has gone, but Terry, Lampard, Cole and Cech are still there

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:33 pm

Abramovitch is probably happy to take a settling in yearn so he can sack RDM and hire Guardiola next year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:40 pm

According to Sky Sports Carzorla is flying to London to have a medical with Arsenal!

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:41 pm

GSC wrote:Abramovitch is probably happy to take a settling in yearn so he can sack RDM and hire Guardiola next year

If Chelsea can't do much better in the Premier League this year then Guardiola might not want to join them. Especially if they fail to deliver in the Champions League.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:41 pm

GSC (just wondering are you Gramme Swans Cat? - don't mean to give offence, just wondering as your initials fit)

Anyway, I doubt after winning the CL Abramovitch would be happy taking a step back for a season, particularly after buying so many players.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 5:55 pm

I am indeed.

romans dream to play olike Barca. Hell make Pep a cant refuse offer
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:12 pm

I didn't realise he was the godfather lol

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:20 pm

I really can't see Chelsea playing with 6 in midfield. Only Spain and Barca have ever played that way and that's because the players they have have been brought up to play basically without a striker, so they simply took out Torres and brought in another midfielder to play that way.

Hazzard, Mata, Oscar and Marin have never played that way before and although all technically good, its a big ask in their first season to play a completely new type of football, one never seen at Chelsea. It would also be a big risk for Di Matteo to play that way, especially if it didn't see good results because of it.

Also, Torres was starting to show signs of his old self last season and I think the team will be built around him. Oscar, Mata, Hazzard and Marin will all be playing little passes in behind for Torres to run on too, the type of play that he thrived off when Gerrard played behind him for Liverpool.

Not saying that it definitely won't happen, but when only Spain and Barca have ever done it, I would be very surprised to see Chelsea do the same.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:26 pm

Yet their signings and squad say otherwise. I wouldn't have said they would do it.

Even if they had confidence in Torres, that leaves him as their only striker with Lukaku as back up if he doesn't go out on loan as back up.

They've got to keep 9-10 midfielders happy, it seems hard to do so without playing six midfielders.

I don't think it'll work, I wouldn't have said they'd have done it before their signings, but I can just see it happening.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:27 pm

Lampard, Mikel, Essien gone I suspect
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:32 pm

GSC wrote:Lampard, Mikel, Essien gone I suspect

I haven't heard any news to suggest that will happen. Letting both Mikel and Essien go will leave them with only Romeu as a defensive midfielder who played very little under Di Matteo last time around, didn't seem to be a fan of his.

I can't see Lampard ever leaving Chelsea now. I can only see Essien leaving of those. Meireles might leave as well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:38 pm

Lampard was linked to some American club, Essiens basically done and Mikel isn't good. Luiz could prob play DM
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:38 pm

In any case, I didn't see Lampard playing much before they signed 15 midfielders
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 01 Aug 2012, 6:39 pm

Chelsea will no doubt play 50+ games this season, everybody will play.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 01 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

Yeh I just can't see them doing it from the off. They may push Hazzard into the CF position if Torres is off form. They may even look to buy another striker.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:43 am

So Cazorla and Sahin (on loan)..... I wonder how Arsenal are exploiting the fair play rules Laugh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 02 Aug 2012, 10:47 am

I think you're seeing that maybe the Fair Play Rules really aren't going to be that strict. I doubt we'll hear that much about them to be honest.

BBC are reporting both those deals now which suggests they are getting much closer. Too odd signings, not really where they need any improvement.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next