The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings II

+37
Reaper
Knowsit17
Luke
two_tone
Fernando
Trebs
SirJohnnyEnglish
hampo17
westisbest
The Best in the World
ncfc_Tooze
Smirnoffpriest
Imperial Ghosty
liverbnz
alanqlm
Gregers
azania
Hero
mobilemaster8
monty junior
mckay1402
LivinginItaly
JabMachineMK2
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
Ent
Bull
Josiah Maiestas
Liam
Mat
GG
GSC
Bathite
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Small Time
The Special Juan
41 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 15 Empty Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included.

[[/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Aswad ThomasBraintree Town (England) Grimsby Town Undisclosed

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Romain Amalfitano - Newcastle
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:18 pm; edited 11 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 15 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Seems West Ham are trying to be Stoke v2. Brilliant, glad they're back
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings II - Page 15 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings II

Post by The Special Juan Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:18 pm

DM I think. He's a sort of Toure/Fellaini player (from what I saw).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Sounds like the Hammers are doing things right and building slowly and looking to secure survival before investing more in the team (except for the Carroll bid of course).

But I bet their fans are desparing about being Stoke/Bolton Mark II, I wonder what their going to use the next gen of young exiting midfield players they'll be producing off the academy line for?

(probably target practice for their defenders studs up challenges...)

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:56 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robin-van-persie-transfer-to-manchester-1240602

Talks a lot of sense
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:57 pm

The problem is West Ham don't have much cash right now, they went all in for PL last year.

Which is why the cash flow for Carroll was delayed until they get cash next year
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:19 pm

I think Arsenal are going to lose Van Persie on free, he might end up at United anyway.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:20 pm

220k a week for a 30 year old striker with more injured seasons than good ones?

Arsenal hold the cards here.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:21 pm

And as said there, I think Arsenal have decided to stop the exodus and dig their heels in after Fabregas and Nasri. Either they get their price or nothing.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:24 pm

GSC wrote:And as said there, I think Arsenal have decided to stop the exodus and dig their heels in after Fabregas and Nasri. Either they get their price or nothing.

Which would work if he didn't have a year left.

If he had 2-3 years left, and he hadn't gone public and said he won't sign a new contract, then digging their heels in and refusing to sell for a lower price would be admirable. As it is, they're just going to lose him for nothing. They should cut their losses, sell him for as much as they can and reinvest the money.

United will probably find that Van Persie will never hit the heights of that season any way, he looked off colour at Euro 2012 and most likely will pick up even more injuries as he gets older.

Wenger is trying to be tough, but it will be him who loses out.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Long term its the principle that matters. Arsenal want to stop the flow of their best players running out their contracts and demanding big money moves.

I'd suggest RVP might be nicey-nicey if he doesn't get his move and has to perform to earn a big pay day the next summer.

At which point he'll be 30 and still have an injury prone tag.

They aren't losing out, they're playing it perfectly so far. Its United that are desperate to make a statement signing, Arsenal have already made a few.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:36 pm

If Arsenal lose Van Persie for free at the end of this season, they have lost out.

They're better off just getting rid of him. I don't think he'll significantly improve United anyway.

As I said, Wenger can't try and make a statement now, Van Persie can just run his contract down and leave for completely free. Wenger will lose, he'll have stuck to his principles and gained nothing from it. It will not stop other players from doing the same.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Its sending a message to RVP.

He won't get close to what he'd get now if he walks for free next year. If it holds on to a few more Arsenal stars then its worth it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:49 pm

I suppose we'll agree to disagree.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:50 pm

I suppose we shall.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:00 pm

One dodgy injury for RVP this season or poor performance and he could lose out on a big money move which he appears to crave. I think he should stay as Arsenal have done some good business so far in this window and if they get Sahin and some back up in defence they could challenge next year. Would like to have him at United mind but we have other areas we need to focus on ahead of a striker.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:24 pm

i agree with crimey, arsenal cant be all principle against selling to united because they dont have much choice. if they dont sell now they lose him for free and have no say where he goes. all this not selling to direct rival makes me laugh as well, arsenal have not been a direct riva to unitedl for quite a while. certainly city were more of a rival to them when they were selling half thier squad to them.

think this will be a deal that drags right up until the the transfer window shuts, both clubs are playing cat and mouse with arsenal trying to get a bidding war going to raise the price as much as possible and united simply waiting until arseanl crack and know they have to sell and sticking with guns. think if i was a arsenal fan i would prefer to get money quickly and replace him rather than leaving it to late. cost them dearly with nasri and fabregas

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:28 pm

If United were waiting for Arsenal then Fergie wouldn't have said anything last night. You give United too much credit here, Arsenal know how much United want to make a statement signing. Leverage.

Sinclair off to City for 5-8m apparently. Don't get that one one bit if it happens. Sinclair nowhere near good enough.

GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:40 pm

compelling and rich wrote:i agree with crimey, arsenal cant be all principle against selling to united because they dont have much choice. if they dont sell now they lose him for free and have no say where he goes. all this not selling to direct rival makes me laugh as well, arsenal have not been a direct riva to unitedl for quite a while. certainly city were more of a rival to them when they were selling half thier squad to them.

think this will be a deal that drags right up until the the transfer window shuts, both clubs are playing cat and mouse with arsenal trying to get a bidding war going to raise the price as much as possible and united simply waiting until arseanl crack and know they have to sell and sticking with guns. think if i was a arsenal fan i would prefer to get money quickly and replace him rather than leaving it to late. cost them dearly with nasri and fabregas

Unfortunately this is completely different to when tyhey waited till last minute with Nasri and Cesc.

Arsenal have already replaced RVP if he goes with two strikers in Giroud and Podolski, plus they've added a midfield playmaker to their squad as well. Unfortunately for us Arsenal hold all the cards in regfards to this potential transfer

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:21 pm

gazzyD wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:i agree with crimey, arsenal cant be all principle against selling to united because they dont have much choice. if they dont sell now they lose him for free and have no say where he goes. all this not selling to direct rival makes me laugh as well, arsenal have not been a direct riva to unitedl for quite a while. certainly city were more of a rival to them when they were selling half thier squad to them.

Unfortunately this is completely different to when tyhey waited till last minute with Nasri and Cesc.

Arsenal have already replaced RVP if he goes with two strikers in Giroud and Podolski, plus they've added a midfield playmaker to their squad as well. Unfortunately for us Arsenal hold all the cards in regfards to this potential transfer

cant agree, if they are holding out for some unrealistic value for a 29 year old with one year left on his contract then fine leave it for a year and come back next year and get him for a free, we can use the money for that transfer elsewhere and he's not really a postion were desperate for. dont see how arsenal hold any of the cards in this transfer either they sell him and lose their best player or dont sell and lose their best player for nothing the year after. this is where fergies confusion is coming from in terms of why he cant understand aresanl not wanting to do buisness with us

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:25 pm

And again, next year you'll be committing 200k+ a week to a 30 year old with no resale value. Who has 1 great season in 8 and injury problems.

Not to mention you have to pay a significant signing on fee to Free Agents.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Also if he were a free agent, United wouldn't be the only people in for him by a long way.

City don't want to pay 25m, but if he were free they could outbid United on salary
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:33 pm

GSC wrote:And again, next year you'll be committing 200k+ a week to a 30 year old with no resale value. Who has 1 great season in 8 and injury problems.

Not to mention you have to pay a significant signing on fee to Free Agents.

he's had three good seasons at least in the 8 where he scored over twenty goals even in injury hit seasons, just because he has been injured some games doesnt mean he wasnt playing well when fit. theres never been any doubt about rvp ability just can he stay fit, he stayed fit last season and looked what happened he was easily the best striker in the world so for 200k a week think and no transfer fee i think thats a great deal

think with united the pressure isnt firmly on his shoulders to get the goals so we could protect him better and hopefully his injuries wouldnt be as bad becuase of it

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 pm

hampo171 wrote:
mckay1402 wrote:looks like Allen to Liverpool. I hope they get relegated. Brendan Rodgers is a man with no honour

Complete and utter rubbish! We are paying his release clause, a higher fee than they would get from most clubs. There is no issue with a manager going back to his previous club and buying players in my opinion, chances are he has to be an inflated fee and his former club gets a nice chunk of cash to invest.

Oh yeah you're totally right and having an agreement and then breaking it is exactly what football is all about so I guess in footballing terms he's a prefect gent.

Swansea would have got that from another club as they wouldn't have sold him any cheaper
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:48 pm

The agreement actually makes the release clause irrelevant for Liverpool
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:29 pm

People are missing another part of the equation - rvp said he disagreed with the board on how ambitious arsenal are, and thats why he isnt signing a new contract.

Wenger since then has signed 2 other attackers and a versatile play maker to give us lots of different attacking options and much needed depth and experience, there are noises of a DM and a defensive signing. We can keep rvp and reject all offers we not only lay down a mark, keep our captain and refuse to strengthen a rival, we also keep a good player while continuing to strengthen the team and show the ambition that rvp was talking about.

It is possible that if the team gel and perform that in the next year rvp re-signs. I think rvp is too professional to sulk and could well help us win trophies or even the league. Then he could re-sign, great, or go and we will have lost 20nilll but gained a lot more.

Personally i expect RVP to train and play hard as usual and re-sign if we keep song and strengthen in defence and DM

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:32 pm

GSC wrote:The agreement actually makes the release clause irrelevant for Liverpool

Agree with or without the release clause, the agreement means liverpool shouldnt be able to bid for allen

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:10 pm

Liverpool are free to bid for Allen, all the agreement did was stop Rodgers activating all the release clauses. Up to Swansea whether they accept (and for 15m I suspect they would've regardless).
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:21 pm

4 things happening at Spurs this weekend.

(Expecting them to sign Sturridge I think)
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:22 pm

Sturridge to come in.

Modric to leave?

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:25 pm

Seems likely.

Kaka is still available from RM (presumably to raise funds for Modric).

They still need another striker, Defoe being the only senior one atm, Kane is good but untried.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:28 am

WEST HAM.

Have apparently agreed a deal for French international Abou Diarra with Marseille.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Romelu Lukaku close to joining Albion on a season-long loan from Chelsea.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Rodgers is obviously quite a hypocrite. It's not enough that he pulls out of a long-term contract as soon as another club comes knocking. It's not enough that he tries to take a player with him that he'd previously been trying to sign for Swansea a matter of days earlier. Now he promises to not try and nab any of their current squad and what's one of the first things he does? Not only signs a top Swan but one that's been developed and nurtured at the Liberty.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Eh, Swansea would've sold Allen for 15m regardless.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:33 pm

I didn't think the Sigurdsson business was the classiest move hes made, but the contract thing is a non issue, everyone does it.

Sean O'Driscoll left Forest as a coach to got Crawley, and came back a few months later when he was offered the Forest job.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Walcott seems to be resigning at Arsenal.

Should really give him a go up front.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:39 pm

That's not the point. The agreement has just seemed to become more loose and less binding the more Rodgers has decided that he wants Allen. 15m is undoubtedly good, something which Swans fans wouldn't have dreamed of as little as two years back. But in principle Rodgers is just a dishonest and dishonourable man.

First we're told Rodgers can't sign any Swansea players for a year. Then we're told he can bid for them if another club does so first. Already backtracking on the original agreement. Then when no other clubs show immediate interest in Allen, he just ploughs forward anyway. If Swansea had said no to 15m he'd probably have gone further and encouraged Allen to put in a transfer request. It's all in direct contradiction to promises previously made.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:42 pm

The agreement can be waived if Swansea deem it to be in the best interests of the club.

Essentially all it does is stop Rodgers activating every release clause. It really isn't an issue.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:49 pm

The mans integrity is in the toilet I'm afraid.....It's a real shame, I really didn't want to not like Brendan, but after the stories I've heard from his time with Watford (they escape me at the moment)and total disregard he's shown Swansea, their chairman and more importantly their fans he's really shown his true colours. Don't expect a hero's welcome next time your down the Lib Brendan...I for one will be showing you my back.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Everyone does it Small Time. Hodgson did it when he left Fulham to go to Liverpool, he signed a similar agreement and then bought Konchesky anyway.

I am sure that there will be lots of examples. It's essentially like when people sign a contract for five years, knowing full well that they're unlikely to stay for the whole five years.

Picking on one person in a sport that is filled with dishonesty and broken promises is totally unfair.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:07 pm

The fact that it happens a lot doesn't dilute it, and having met the man quite a few times (yeah, that old chestnut) to hear him speak so well, be so incredibly knowledgeable and honest leaves me with an even more sour taste in my mouth. The fact that he left didn't surprise me (although both the timing and his club of choice did) the manner in which he's conducted himself since has. I'm sorry Brendan, but you've disappointed a lot of people.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:17 pm

I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's unfair to point out one person and criticise him for something that is essentially just part of the game.

Presumably you've lost respect for Joe Allen as well, who will have signed a contract that said he'd represent Swansea for a certain number of years and is now turning his back on them.

In fact, pretty much anybody who has ever left a club has broken a promise and conducted themselves in a dishonest way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:19 pm

At the end of the day Rodgers can't concern himself at wether he is doing right by Swansea, Liverpool are his priority

He has signe for one of the biggest clubs in the world (from a united fan) and despite some poor league positions last couple of years the fans still expect success, and they deserve success. If Rodgers sees Joe Allen as the player to come in and help him challenge for the top four were Liverpool should be and are capable of challenging then so be it

There is no loyalty in football anymore, it's a business, it's about making money and money comes with success

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Crimey wrote:I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's unfair to point out one person and criticise him for something that is essentially just part of the game.

Presumably you've lost respect for Joe Allen as well, who will have signed a contract that said he'd represent Swansea for a certain number of years and is now turning his back on them.

In fact, pretty much anybody who has ever left a club has broken a promise and conducted themselves in a dishonest way.

It's not a "turning your back on the club" issue (as I've already stated it wasn't a surprise) it's the manner in which he's essentially ignored the grounds of the agreement of which he was allowed to leave (I don't want to hear the b0llox about "it happens all the time" etc, he was allowed to leave as long as he didn't r*** the club that made him famous, hence his integrity being in the toilet).

Players leaving is another matter altogether.....the only reason they would tend to sign 4-5 year deals is that when they are sold it's used as a transfer multiplier (Allen with 4 years left on his contract is worth more than Allen with 1 year on his contract). If and when Joey does leave he'll do so with a good luck from me...he'll need it.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:33 pm

But Small Time while the agreement is in place, buying Joe Allen for £15 million is hardly r****g Swansea is it? As said Swansea could turn him away, but it is in the best interests of there club to sell him for that large amount. Rodgers is merely testing the water
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Crimey wrote:I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying it's unfair to point out one person and criticise him for something that is essentially just part of the game.

But in the same breathe, if you stop criticising people for dishonesty and lack of moral principle and just start accepting it as "part of the game" then that's just the way it's going to stay, there wouldn't be much hope of the sport improving in that respect would there!

You shouldn't think I'm reserving this criticism exclusively for football, I'm always prepared to have a go when I see something rotten in any sport. Call me far-fetched and deluded if that's what you think but I'm an old-fashioned believer in standards. And I for one hate seeing lack of said standards not only ignored but accepted, no matter over what period of time.

Without meaning any offence whatsoever to devoted football fans, whose passion for their sport I can applaud, football has become excessive for lack of standards. Anything, and I mean anything, has a price on it. Could anyone name a player, manager, coach, chairman etc who'd be loyal to the end and wouldn't jump ship for the right price? Unless for any reason anyone is in favour of the sport staying this way, I think dishonesty and lack of honour ought to be seen as what it is to prevent them becoming normal everyday traits of the sport. For what reason would anyone want that to be the case btw?

I'm aware I've just painted a very soppy and self-righteous portrait of myself and apologies if I've offended anyone with the criticism but I have to be honest, that's the way I see things at present.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:49 pm

Lukaku to WBA on loan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:50 pm

Adebayor to Spurs back on
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:05 am

Daimiao could be staying London with Spurs
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:15 am

Knowsit17 wrote:

But in the same breathe, if you stop criticising people for dishonesty and lack of moral principle and just start accepting it as "part of the game" then that's just the way it's going to stay, there wouldn't be much hope of the sport improving in that respect would there!

You shouldn't think I'm reserving this criticism exclusively for football, I'm always prepared to have a go when I see something rotten in any sport. Call me far-fetched and deluded if that's what you think but I'm an old-fashioned believer in standards. And I for one hate seeing lack of said standards not only ignored but accepted, no matter over what period of time.

Without meaning any offence whatsoever to devoted football fans, whose passion for their sport I can applaud, football has become excessive for lack of standards. Anything, and I mean anything, has a price on it. Could anyone name a player, manager, coach, chairman etc who'd be loyal to the end and wouldn't jump ship for the right price? Unless for any reason anyone is in favour of the sport staying this way, I think dishonesty and lack of honour ought to be seen as what it is to prevent them becoming normal everyday traits of the sport. For what reason would anyone want that to be the case btw?

I'm aware I've just painted a very soppy and self-righteous portrait of myself and apologies if I've offended anyone with the criticism but I have to be honest, that's the way I see things at present.

Alex ferguson.

Honestly he's the best man in football and one of the greatest ever. Loyal, successful, brings through youth, plays good football, has lots of home grown players. Yet is hated.

Im all for players getting it where they can, why be loyal and be derided by 90% of the customers when you can move every few years for double the wage and e cheered on by 40k retards.

Fans enable everything in modern football, blame yourselves not the players.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next