The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo's next opp being announced today

+5
AlexHuckerby
mobilemaster8
Imperial Ghosty
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

Canelo's next opp being announced today Empty Canelo's next opp being announced today

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:22 pm

Rumour has it it's going to be Josesito Lopez....ARGH!

Can't blame Lopez if he is looking at getting a million plus pay day and set himself up financialy, but Canelo, no.

Lopez is not even a 147 pounder and will get flattened at 154, no matter how much heart he shows. Why Canelo can't just throw more money at Kirkland I do not know.

Hopefully this is just rumour, we will find out today, apparently.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Canelo's next opp being announced today Empty Re: Canelo's next opp being announced today

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:23 pm

picard This requires a picard. Should have seen this coming though!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Canelo's next opp being announced today Empty Re: Canelo's next opp being announced today

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:25 pm

Not many options left. There's still a lot of confusion surrounding the Kirkland, martiroysan and Lara mandatory elimination fights leaving Alvarez with not many options. Lopez is an awful choice though, I'd rather see him in with trout or even Angulo.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:26 pm

Rumour i have heard..........Miguel Cotto.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:29 pm

Miguel Cotto might be it too, it could literally be a great opponent or a terrible one! Oscar keeps writing about history about to be made... I hope he means Cotto and not Lopez

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

Thats what i thought.

Surely if "History is about to be made" then it HAS to be someone like Cotto or Mayweather (if he is out by then).

Lopez or Mayorga would be a joke.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:32 pm

Cotto can be hit and hurt and I think his stamina is STILL questionable but he's still a good opponent for Alvarez. maybe GBP think he's too good, but it's fights like this that get the juices flowing

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:32 pm

Now if he fights cotto then I will have no complaints, the best available opponent with ease.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

Cotto - Great, a real fight for the fans!

Lopez - DeLaHoya, get your coat

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

If its Cotto i will genuinly be interested in the fight.

Best LMW out there for Alvarez in terms of a name, and he is also live and good at the weight.

May not have amazing pop in his punches, but has a cracking left hook body shot which Alvarez seems to have problems with.

I would pay for this fight not a problem.

Now if its Lopez, then i will be peed off and will not pay to watch. I probably wont even waste my time sitting up all night to watch it on the "Weather Channel"!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:51 pm

If its Cotto, you wont hear a peep from me even though Cotto has probably seen better days!

Great match up and good blend of styles. Cotto can mix it up and box behind a jab. Cracking fight.

If its Lopez......well.......!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:54 pm

Come on Cotto! This would blow Martinez v Roids out of the water

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 10 Jul 2012, 1:57 pm

Martinez - JCC jr is an awful clash.... It would 2 of my top 5 fights that are actually happening on at the same time...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:01 pm

JCC and Martinez is a good fight. One which I expect JCC to win without controversy.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:04 pm

azania wrote:JCC and Martinez is a good fight. One which I expect JCC to win without controversy.

I'm excited for it and going with Martinez, however JCC jr / Martinez is airing at the same time as Alvarez's fight...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:06 pm

If jcc wins then something has gone very wrong, it's not a fight that excites me in any way as hes just his fathers son without which no one cares about him. At least Vazquez Jnr tries and continues to test himself consistently.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:17 pm

I'd watch Alvarez. More exciting fighter that the other 2.

If JCC wins it means that he's the better fighter on the day. Nothing very wrong with that. Unless he dodges tests that is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:23 pm

There's something very wrong with his whole career, he lives off his fathers reputation.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:24 pm

azania wrote:I'd watch Alvarez. More exciting fighter that the other 2.

If JCC wins it means that he's the better fighter on the day. Nothing very wrong with that. Unless he dodges tests that is.

HOW DARE YOU EVEN INSINUATE THAT JCC JR WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE A TEST!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:30 pm

Personally I don't think he's stupid enough to take steroids. Maybe weight losing pills though. Either way all boxers should be tested regularly or don't fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:34 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:There's something very wrong with his whole career, he lives off his fathers reputation.

I don't see his father fighting for him. JCC Jnr is th eone taking the punches. Nothing wrong with that. You may as well say that every son of a famous boxer is living off their dad's career. Tracey Harris Patterson stands out. If Eubank Jnr makes it to the top will that apply to him also?

Yes he was gifted a belt. Is he the only Mexican that has happened to? Isn't there one at LMW who is fairly popular who was also gifted a belt but no one is complaining. He is living off his red hair.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:37 pm

azania wrote:Personally I don't think he's stupid enough to take steroids. Maybe weight losing pills though. Either way all boxers should be tested regularly or don't fight.

I absolutley think he is stupid enough, as was Peterson, Berto and countless others.

It's not stupidity if no one enforces a test, and without some sort of extra benefit, he would be cr** - my opinion not the opinion of 606v2 boxing. Very Happy

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:38 pm

azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:There's something very wrong with his whole career, he lives off his fathers reputation.

I don't see his father fighting for him. JCC Jnr is th eone taking the punches. Nothing wrong with that. You may as well say that every son of a famous boxer is living off their dad's career. Tracey Harris Patterson stands out. If Eubank Jnr makes it to the top will that apply to him also?

Yes he was gifted a belt. Is he the only Mexican that has happened to? Isn't there one at LMW who is fairly popular who was also gifted a belt but no one is complaining. He is living off his red hair.

Laugh Laugh Laugh

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:42 pm

Chavez has yet to achieve anything and is only talked about because of his dad much Eubank Jnr at the moment.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:48 pm

I hope it's not Lopez (it will be though) but you can't blame him for not trying with cancellations of Kirkland then Williams and finally Ortiz.. Lopez did well vs Ortiz but was behind on the cards and was small at welterweight

Kirkland wants a reported $2.5/$3 million which is absurd for someone like him, that's more than any other boxer except the big names in the sport like the obvious 2, cotto and the K Bro's. Kirkland should be happy with $1mil, that's more than he's ever earnt before

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:50 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Chavez has yet to achieve anything and is only talked about because of his dad much Eubank Jnr at the moment.

Chavez has achieved the same as Canelo. Both gifted titles. Both have avoided the better fighters in the division. Chavez is now taking on the #1 and P4P #3. Credit to him for that. When he beats Martinez, I hope he gets the credit he deserves.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:52 pm

Thankfully he has about as much chance as me of beating Martinez.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Jul 2012, 2:53 pm

azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Chavez has yet to achieve anything and is only talked about because of his dad much Eubank Jnr at the moment.

Chavez has achieved the same as Canelo. Both gifted titles. Both have avoided the better fighters in the division. Chavez is now taking on the #1 and P4P #3. Credit to him for that. When he beats Martinez, I hope he gets the credit he deserves.

Yawn

Hopefully Cotto is fighting Canelo and you will stop.

Chavez is likely a drug cheat, Canelo is not, that alone makes me dislike Chavez. He doesn't take tests, and has failed one previously, he is a cheat. Keep supporting cheats, well done

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 3:25 pm

We will see about that Ghosty. I hope Martinez wins but I can see JCC literally clubbing him to defeat.

sean there is no evidence that JCC is currently cheating or that Canelo is not. Who would have thought a nice humble guy like Peterson would be eyeballs up in juice? Or berto who made accusations against Ortiz.

As for me supporting him, I am giving a boxing opinion and have stated before and on this thread that I want Martinez to win.

When giving opinions on results, I take personality out of it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Jul 2012, 3:29 pm

azania wrote:We will see about that Ghosty. I hope Martinez wins but I can see JCC literally clubbing him to defeat.

sean there is no evidence that JCC is currently cheating or that Canelo is not. Who would have thought a nice humble guy like Peterson would be eyeballs up in juice? Or berto who made accusations against Ortiz.

As for me supporting him, I am giving a boxing opinion and have stated before and on this thread that I want Martinez to win.

Yeah but you don't take previous failed drug tests, or the fact that he fails to even take them half the time. Even Police versus work on inference of evidence Az, use your head. See no evil hear no evil, this is exactly why Boxing is full of drug cheats.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by quentins_monkey Tue 10 Jul 2012, 3:47 pm

Does anyone know what time this announcement is due to happen? There was an article on boxingscene saying that a fight with Lopez is pretty much a done deal... Sad

quentins_monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 3:52 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
azania wrote:We will see about that Ghosty. I hope Martinez wins but I can see JCC literally clubbing him to defeat.

Yeah but you don't take previous failed drug tests, or the fact that he fails to even take them half the time. Even Police versus work on inference of evidence Az, use your head. See no evil hear no evil, this is exactly why Boxing is full of drug cheats.

I have my suspiscions like most people hence I want all boxers, especially those fighting for titles, to be given the most stringent tests possible. If found guilty of having PEDs in their system then charged with intent to cause GBH. Boxing is dangerous enough as it is without someone gaining an unfair advantage.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 3:53 pm

quentins_monkey wrote:Does anyone know what time this announcement is due to happen? There was an article on boxingscene saying that a fight with Lopez is pretty much a done deal... Sad

It wouldn't surprise me and people here will lap it up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 10 Jul 2012, 4:35 pm

Saw the article on boxing scene as well. This will be a joke if it's Lopez. Getting tired of boxing and the complete inability of the sport's power-brokers have to make the best fight the best in their own weight class (unless, of course, Cotto turns out to be the opponent, in which case I take it all back!)

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Jul 2012, 5:16 pm

azania wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

I have my suspiscions like most people hence I want all boxers, especially those fighting for titles, to be given the most stringent tests possible. If found guilty of having PEDs in their system then charged with intent to cause GBH. Boxing is dangerous enough as it is without someone gaining an unfair advantage.

Az, you are WUMming. I unloaded all my angst for the day on idiot Bunce, so will let you off with your skirting around the fact Junior HAS been caught using illegal subs before and HAS missed two, possibly III, recent drug tests.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 10 Jul 2012, 9:01 pm

I'm aware he was caught with weight reducing substances. To me that is a PED. I can't stand the guy. I hope there is strenuous testing done for this fight. If there is and he is clean, I reckon he will beat Martinez. Hope not but that is how it will go.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down