The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Austin Aries doomed to a very short title reign?

3 posters

Go down

Is Austin Aries doomed to a very short title reign? Empty Is Austin Aries doomed to a very short title reign?

Post by Fernando Wed 18 Jul 2012, 4:06 pm

With Austin Aries winning the title at the last TNA PPV the one thing that went through my mind was well this isn't going to last long.

Whilst im pleased TNA has given him the chance to be champion he has 2 months if that before he loses it again, We all are expecting James Storm to win the Bound for Glory series and eventually become champion and let's face it we're all expecting him to finish his fued with Robert Roode when he becomes champion. Austin Aries vs James Storm won't work and i doubt their going to go for a 3 way with them.

The situation reminds me of when Edge won the title after using his MITB Briefcase he lost the title a mere 3 weeks after winning it.

So where does this leave Austin Aries?

Is his title reign doomed to a short ending?

Where does he go if he does lose his title this quickly?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Is Austin Aries doomed to a very short title reign? Empty Re: Is Austin Aries doomed to a very short title reign?

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jul 2012, 4:12 pm

Not necessarily, he is 100% going to lose the title. Heck Storm might not even win the BFG series.

I don't understand why people think Storm is destined to hold the title?

Back to top Go down

Is Austin Aries doomed to a very short title reign? Empty Re: Is Austin Aries doomed to a very short title reign?

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed 18 Jul 2012, 4:21 pm

Is a short title reign a bad thing. Yes I liked the "good old days" of long title reigns that mean't something so I loevd the fact Roode held the title for so long and Punk is also having a really long run with the belt in the WWE but....

is a short reign bad? It lends weight to long reigns and even a short reign can be booked strongly if done carefully.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 18 Jul 2012, 7:50 pm

if you watch the TNA today interviews Dixie Carter has confirmed that AA has signed a new long term contract, so even if this first reign is short lived I am positive he will get another sometime in the not too distant future. TNA are very big on AA.

And regarding James Storm winning the B4G series I don't think that's set in stone, again Dixie said that whoever wants it the most has a good chance of winning - they have to prove themselves and whoever gets over the most could go on and win it.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down