The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Night Opened my Eyes!!

+6
RinoGattuso
Liam
Statto00
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
GSC
bretmeharty
10 posters

Go down

Last Night Opened my Eyes!! Empty Last Night Opened my Eyes!!

Post by bretmeharty Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

While the general consensus on this board is that last night was a good show (Surprises me), I seem to be in the minority and while it was a really good trip down memory, the things that really mattered were a massive let down.

The show started well enough with all the members of dx coming out and it actually filled me along with others full of hope that wwe might just pull it off. As the show went on, the full time active wrestlers were pretty much cast aside for that all too familiar trip down memory lane that we get sooooo often.

Then came the only 3 things that seem to matter in the wwe world (universe) from week to week.
I really don't understand the concept of having AJ as the GM, It just doesnt make any sense.

They had been building up the Lesnar/HHH confrontation for weeks and weeks (feels like years), and what a wet fart that was, Heyman says no, he gets called a few names or bullied is a better term for it into changing his mind without consulting Brock. That segment screamed rushed to me.

Why oh why did punk need to turn heel, its not to freshen him up, he was fine as he was. If that was the oh so big summer story line then that is just very poor. Some one made a good point on the chat box last night, the Punk heel turn is a sign they will just continue down the same road that they have been on for the last 7-8 years and will not be changing anytime soon.

Last night really did open my eyes, with all the hype that went on for weeks and weeks, and then for it to all play out as it did like a huge soft wet sh!t, I have really lost all enthusiasm for all thing wrestling at the minute.

I have pretty much always been a wwe guy but I'm just tired of all the guff they put out, and I am even more tired of most people buying into this guff they keep putting out (Ill include myself in this until now). I truly believe that the internet does have a voice, you only have to look at things that get referenced in the show to know only the internet talk about them certain things. If enough of the iwc said last nights show was a pile of crap then and only then things may have a 1% chance of changing instead of the 0% chance it is right now.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Last Night Opened my Eyes!! Empty Re: Last Night Opened my Eyes!!

Post by GSC Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

They want to continue giving Aj airtime, given shes one of the most interesting characters on Raw the last month. The divas division is a wasteland.

Other than maybe having them brawl for a bit longer I didn't have a problem with that segment.

Punk's heel turn is a progression, given even though hes one the longest reigning WWE champs, nobody includes him in that top bracket. He can make a statement if he can beat Rock at the RR
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:49 pm

Punk wasn't fine as he was, he had become boring. Everybody asking why Cena didn't turn, I know he gets booed already but I don't think Cena could pull heel off, he isn't good enough. Plus punk last night gained more credibility by turning on the rock than he has gained since becoming champ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:51 pm

Really don't get the heel turn it is so unoriginal there are better ways this could have been written.

AJ as GM I can deal with as she has been really good.

On the whole though I felt the show was rubbish. After some really good PPVs this year I was gettign my love for the E back but after last night and the way it has set up storyline for beyond the foreseable future it might be time for serious consideration as to giving up.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:56 pm

Gained more credibility by blindsiding the Rock!? He will not gain any credibility while a heel. If you have been watching wwe for the last year+ then you will know how wwe book their heels (apart from big show), cowardly and sneaky, with sneaky wins.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:11 pm

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:Really don't get the heel turn it is so unoriginal there are better ways this could have been written.

On the whole though I felt the show was rubbish. After some really good PPVs this year I was gettign my love for the E back but after last night and the way it has set up storyline for beyond the foreseable future it might be time for serious consideration as to giving up.

For one if they really wanted to give Punk any credibility, they could of had Punk and Rock having a brawl with Punk coming out on top and still a face.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

bretmeharty wrote:If you have been watching wwe for the last year+ then you will know how wwe book their heels (apart from big show), cowardly and sneaky, with sneaky wins.
If you have been watching WWE for the last year + then you will know that the 1000th episode of Raw will end with John Cena holding the belt high above his head... Oh, wait...

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:23 pm

Bret I think me and you are on the same wave length. I completely agree that Raw was poor last night. I enjoyed, like you DX and a few of the old faces, but the main storylines were awful.

The AJ thing is awful. I know she's got over pretty well, but GM? woah where did that come from.

The Heyman segment 'ahh don't talk about my kids' was ridiculous and I agree it seemed rushed. I did love it when Lesnar came out and was rampaging around at the top of the stage.

Cena again being sold as superman, getting as bit sick of it now. But I did like it when Punk suddenly turned on Roc, I'll be honest I loved it and didn't expect it. I love Punk as a heel and as a face but I think now he can go back to being edgy and set up a great feud with The Rock.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Tue 24 Jul 2012, 7:02 pm

Im still in love with Lita.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:04 am

bretmeharty wrote:
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:Really don't get the heel turn it is so unoriginal there are better ways this could have been written.

For one if they really wanted to give Punk any credibility, they could of had Punk and Rock having a brawl with Punk coming out on top and still a face.

I know Cena v Rock they both maintain face but if Punk gets involved have to turn him heel?!? Makes Punk look weak would have marked out if John Lauriantis had come back when the three of Punk, Rock and Cean were in the ring with Otunga, Tensai and a couple of others. Have him looking to get revenge for being fired. They run down the ring and attempt to take everyone out only for Cena, Punk and Rock to start to get the upper hand. Then finally Ryback appears and clean houses the ring with John Laurinitis rubbing his hands.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:22 am

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:

I know Cena v Rock they both maintain face but if Punk gets involved have to turn him heel?!? Makes Punk look weak would have marked out if John Lauriantis had come back when the three of Punk, Rock and Cean were in the ring with Otunga, Tensai and a couple of others. Have him looking to get revenge for being fired. They run down the ring and attempt to take everyone out only for Cena, Punk and Rock to start to get the upper hand. Then finally Ryback appears and clean houses the ring with John Laurinitis rubbing his hands.

Would that be his new gimmick?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Wed 25 Jul 2012, 9:25 am

Yeah he would be in an apron and have a little feather duster obviously.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by leslie case Wed 25 Jul 2012, 10:09 am

Had trouble keeping my eyes open, what a yawn fest wwe has became

leslie case

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 25 Jul 2012, 12:20 pm

I thought the show was fantastic. The DX segment was brilliant, hilarious and brought back great memories. It was brilliant seeing Lita, Trish and the APA. I enjoyed Brock / Trips - that should be a cracker of a match - and Stephanie who was great. I am happy with AJ being GM and I don't see the big deal about it, she is doing a great job and its nice to see a decent woman getting good airtime. Finally, the Punk ending was awesome - thrilled that Cena lost and its great that the emphasis was on Punk. Hopefully he will face The Rock at the Rumble Smile

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 25 Jul 2012, 8:59 pm

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:
bretmeharty wrote:

So Zoot, you didn't like how the Main Event played out and that's fair enough, but your prefferred alternative would have been to introduce Prince Albert, O(freaking)tunga and Skip Sheffield into the mix?

Each to their own but given that alternative I wouldn't have changed one thing

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down