The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiders trade Murphy to Panthers...could Berry be on his way in?

4 posters

Go down

Raiders trade Murphy to Panthers...could Berry be on his way in? Empty Raiders trade Murphy to Panthers...could Berry be on his way in?

Post by sodhat Tue 24 Jul 2012, 1:57 pm

The Raiders have traded away WR Louis Murphy to Carolina for a late round draft pick (although still undisclosed).

Makes perfect sense to me, it frees up more than $1m of cap space, and we are already relatively strong at WR this season, with Heyward-Bey, Moore and Ford likely to be the first three on the chart.

I wonder whether recently released CB Aaron Berry might be on his way in? He has legal issues, clearly, but we could use some help at cornerback, and I'd assume he'd be pretty cheap now!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Raiders trade Murphy to Panthers...could Berry be on his way in? Empty Re: Raiders trade Murphy to Panthers...could Berry be on his way in?

Post by Thomond Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:17 pm

Detroit's Cornerbacks were not great last year (yeah I know the Bucs signed one, he was very overpriced) so I don't know if signing one is wise. Given his legal history I would suggest it's insane!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Raiders trade Murphy to Panthers...could Berry be on his way in? Empty Re: Raiders trade Murphy to Panthers...could Berry be on his way in?

Post by CFCNick Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:46 pm

I agree with Thomond but not the last sentence. Nothing's too crazy for the Raiders.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 24 Jul 2012, 2:51 pm

He'd fit in at least! He could swap stories with Rolando McClain...

I think there are other areas demanding some attention too (specifically TE/RB) but I can imagine some interest from the Raiders. I suppose it may depend on whether McKenzie wants to take a risk on someone. I do get the feeling he is less likely to than the previous regime.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 24 Jul 2012, 3:48 pm

Aaron Berry is awful
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down