The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Robert Guerrero at 140lbs?

+4
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Valero's Conscience
D4thincarnation
Sugar Boy Sweetie
8 posters

Go down

Robert Guerrero at 140lbs? Empty Robert Guerrero at 140lbs?

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:30 pm

The next logical fight for Guerrero having dealt so handily with Katsidas would be against Juan Manuel Marquez, for whom he is now no1 contender at lightweight. We all know Marquezhas no problem taking on the best challengers and it's a fight I'd very much like to see, but Marquez at this stage of his career seems to have bigger fish to attempt to fry - which we won't go into here.

So, if a fight with JMM doesn't materialise Guerrero has said he'd prefer to move up to 140lb. How do you think he'd fare in that division? Despite being an ex featherweight he has good height at 5'8" and a decent reach. He looked the bigger man against Katsidas who himself is a good sized LW, and he seemed to carry enough of a dig to stop kats in his tracks. Add to that his slick southpaw skills, good jab, accurate punching and intelligent fighting style I think he could be a great addition to an already talent rich division. Wouldn't mind seeing him start off against a gatekeeper type like Kotelnik and Judah now holds a title which could give him bargaining power to challenge the divisions real top dogs. I think Bradley might be too physically powerful for him, but a fight with khan would be very interesting.

Guerrero has said he could fight as high as 147 if need be, has sparred with Mosley lately and is keen to make up for lot time in his career. Would anyone else like to see him join the 140lb division?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Robert Guerrero at 140lbs? Empty Re: Robert Guerrero at 140lbs?

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:36 pm

I'm shocked how big Guerrero is, he was a feather not so long ago.

Guerrero vs Marquez is the fight that has to happen.

Guerrero look like he could go as high as welter.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:46 pm

Agreed I was shocked when I saw him that he had moved up 2 divisions, it looked more like he had moved down 2 divisions!

Think he could hang with the rest at 140ibs although needs a test first like Sugar Boy said.

He seems to have the right frame to go up to WW and with that division becomes depleted of top calibre boxers, his timing could be perfect.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:52 pm

Boxing has had to come last for Guerrero for the last few years because his wife had cancer, but now he should be fully focus.

Lot of good fights for him, Khan, Maidana, Alexander, Judah, Marquez, Bradley.

Maybe he even could get a shot at Pacquiao, or maybe Floyd take a chance.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:44 pm

He's certainly one me over with this comprehensive performance against Kats.

Know Kats is not the greatest boxer but I've never him so convincingly beaten which is a credit to The Ghost.

If there is no JMM fight @ 135, he should move up and there is a few big scalps there for him.

What dyers reckon on Maidana v Katsidis?

Last edited by Soldier_Of _Fortune on Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad spelling)

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:52 pm

I think he should try and clean up at 135lb first, fights against Marquez, Vasquez, Rios & Soto would do a lot for his resume & his profile - no way will he get a shot at Khan/Bradley without gaining a bit more earning potential.

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:59 pm

Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:He's certainly one me over with this comprehensive performance against Kats.

Know Kats is not the greatest boxer but I've never him so convincingly beaten which is a credit to The Ghost.

If there is no JMM fight @ 135, he should move up and there is a few big scalps there for him.

I'm loving Maidana v Katsidis. Two blokes standing infront of each other, throwning bombs, nice.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 13 Apr 2011, 5:03 pm

Small Time wrote:
Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:He's certainly one me over with this comprehensive performance against Kats.

I'm loving Maidana v Katsidis. Two blokes standing infront of each other, throwning bombs, nice.

Just thinking to meself that would be one hell of a fight. I thinkin Kats though as he seems to have a superior chin and Maidana has been down a few times.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 5:10 pm

Maidana hits too hard for Katsidis and is naturally bigger. Mid round stoppage after a couple of tough moments early on.

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 13 Apr 2011, 5:13 pm

Soldier_Of _Fortune wrote:
Small Time wrote:

Just thinking to meself that would be one hell of a fight. I thinkin Kats though as he seems to have a superior chin and Maidana has been down a few times.

Maidana may have been down a few times, but he has great powers of recovery.

Maidana is naturally bigger as well.

Think the best fight out there for Kats is Rios, that would be a great fight.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 13 Apr 2011, 5:28 pm

Yeah I'd have to say that Maidana would be too big and strong for katsidas. Two very similar fighters in terms of style, so you'd have to say that the physicality could be the defining factor. Agree with D4 about Rios. That would be an all action fight and more of a level playing field for Kats in terms of size.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 13 Apr 2011, 5:30 pm

Soto, Rios, Vazquez and Acosta would all be good match ups. Rios would be my personal prefferance. He's building a good reputation for himself and is an exciting fighter to watch. He comes forward and has a bit more power than Kats which could cause Gurerro problems because when Kats worked the body he was landing shots.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down