The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford

+25
Gibson
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
littleswannygirl
Hound_of_Harrow
Rory_Gallagher
brennomac
Sin é
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Notch
Kenny
Mickado
WillyGilly
Cari
Ozzy3213
KiaRose
MBTGOG
Thomond
Luckless Pedestrian
rodders
Glas a du
Biltong
eirebilly
ChequeredJersey
prop_lyd
Pal Joey
29 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford

Post by Pal Joey Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 am

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

This week the pub has set up in the heart of the Olympic Precinct at Stratford, where we can watch the world's greatest athletes do their thing and strut their stuff during the best Modern Olympics Games ever.

"Citius, Altius, Fortius" has been the motto for the modern Olympic Games since their beginning in 1896 - and let's hope it stays that way.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Jessica Ennis, Kieran Behan, Oscar Pistorius, Bradley Wiggins, Leryn Franco, Michelle Jenneke, Victoria Pendleton, Aaron Cruden, Katie Taylor, Misty May, Usain Bolt, Mo Farah, Krisztián Berki (on that horsey thingy) and the the Winner of the Gold Medal at Wimbledon - Andy Murray.

Ale guinness Whisky RedWine guinness cider The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford Smiley10 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford Smiley11 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford Smiley17 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford Smiley18 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford Smiley12 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford Smiley13 Yahoo Ale guinness coffee mug

Last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t33138p1000-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-games-of-the-xxx-olympiad-pub-london

Last edited by Linebreaker on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford

Post by prop_lyd Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:41 am

First to post...I'll connect up the pipes to sell proper british ale and some good old scrumpy from a keg!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, Stratford

Post by Pal Joey Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:45 am

Cheers prop.

Huge Sunday at the Games. I'm thrilled for Andy - hopefully he's got his Wimbo monkey off his back.

It's nearly 10am Monday here so I'll have a guinness

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:45 am

What ales? Can I request Tribute or Otter Bright?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:47 am

First time I've genuinely thought Andy might be able to win a major. Crying shame that the Olympics is seen as less than a major
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:52 am

They both sound great - may I start with a Tribute thanks. Ale ...and chase it with an Otter later. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:38 am

By the way, saw your post about my posts being " 10.8", LB, thanks v much mate thumbsup
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Morning Pub. since breaker is lurking but being a general lazy feicar i will get the brews going. cuppa coffee
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Morning Billy... just watching the Mars Rover landing on Mars... 2.5 bill well spent. Whistle

Milk and a couple of sugars thanks and don't spill any like you did last time. Wink

CJ, "10.8" was as much as a bullseye in the Archery. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:45 pm

Thought that you would be on the Beer about now breaker Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:49 pm

In a few hours maybe. Smile Has the physio been yet?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Nah, thats in a few hours Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:16 pm

How long is the session... about 45 mins or more? Do you use the green band or yellow or red one for stretching?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Morning LB, Morning Sirpostalot, morning guys. Very Happy
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Good morning Mr Bond Wink

So Day 5 needs to be carefully negotiated... should be no problems.
I'm still waiting for our 2nd Gold. I can't help but feel it's going to be a long wait. Sad

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Off to Judge sheep, crook in hand.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:29 pm

What percentage of the medals are still available?

Cause we have run out of chances.

I was praying we end in the top twenty, but it seems there are a number of countries just behind us and one more gold puts them above us. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Glas a du wrote:Off to Judge sheep, crook in hand.

What's your injury now? Laugh

Good luck... enjoy the judgin'. Ale

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Linebreaker wrote:How long is the session... about 45 mins or more? Do you use the green band or yellow or red one for stretching?

I have two hour long sessions followed by Infra Red treatment for 15mins. They use small shocks of electricty, massage and stretching. Evil people are Physio's Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Wow what a weekend of sport. Amazing. Never seen anything like it.

Aw shoite its monday again Cry .

Billser get some mug down ye!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Got too many down me rodders, slightly hyperactive Wink

Hows you?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Got so little sleep last night, now going to be so late for medschool!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Apart from seasonal deficit disorder, a sprained wrist and a mild hangover I'm doing good Billser.... guinness

Holidays booked and looking forward to the new ruggerball season so there's reason to hang in there for another while yet anyways... Smile

Hows the bones doing? You back on top form yet?

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Mark!

cuppa

Run

<spillsteaeverywhere>

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:15 pm

rodders wrote:Apart from seasonal deficit disorder, a sprained wrist and a mild hangover I'm doing good Billser.... guinness

Holidays booked and looking forward to the new ruggerball season so there's reason to hang in there for another while yet anyways... Smile

Hows the bones doing? You back on top form yet?

How many times must i tell you to have herself help you out there so as to avoid injury Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:17 pm

We can't all afford a physio Billser..... Whistle Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:20 pm

Amateur Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Lucky you best clean that mess up!!

Morning all, actually booked today off first day off in months so I'm happy plus under 2 weeks till USA!! Anyone got some sausages and bacon going spare?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:16 pm

I'll get the mop and bucket now! Wink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-19134950

That reminds me how horrible Emeli Sande's version of 'Abide with Me' was. I've never heard such nasal singing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Derval ran here season best (struggled with injury and form so far this year) now that's bottle. It's also shows you how great we Corkonians are. ROG may have played shoite for most HC games last year but when Munster needed him in the clutch he was there. United needed Keano in the 99 CL semi, he won them that match. We really produce on the day. Except our footballers.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:11 pm

Katie Taylor on at 2.30pm against Natasha Jonas.

Sorry teamGB but I'm backing Katie in this one boxing .
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:16 pm

Go Katie Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:17 pm

Good we were going to send her after you. Annalise in 2nd but I think she gets silver as it stands at the moment. Katie should win with some comfort if she fights anywhere close to her top level.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:37 pm

I think it will be tough...the scoring for the home fighters have been.. er .. generous... in the fights I've seen..... Katie is going to need to win comfortably to have a chance of the descison I think.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:41 pm

If Katie loses this, I will have lost faith in boxing, mainly as it will probably have been rigged! Gutted for Annalise there to, 4th. The worst spot to come. Still youngest on the boats there, she will learn from the experience and Rio 2016 is achievable. Well done Annalise absolutely gutted though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:46 pm

You've built them up too much mate. These bouts have a history of dodgy decisions... just have to cop it on the chin and move on. OK

Our TV pundits have made the same mistake with about 10 athletes so you're not alone. Such is life. There will be better days for them both hopefully.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:48 pm

Well that Joshua fella was used as a punch bag by the Cuban in the final round a few days ago and still got the nod despite having only a 2 point lead going into the final round. Anything can happen when you have a partisan crowd.

guinness for Annalise.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:48 pm

Also did you lot hear that Limerick fans threw a banana at Gael Clichy last night in their friendly with Man City? Absolutely disgraceful. Limerick should be banned from playing friendlies with overseas clubs for 5 years and not be giving the gate receipts. Not good for Irish football and disgraceful in this day and age.

Their match with Shamrock Rovers tonight is a potential banana skin...

I know boxing at the Olympics has a history of dodgy decisions, the dodgiest being Roy Jones Jr. in Seoul (wasn't alive at the time but have seen it since what a farce). Katie should be too good for her opponent, I don't think it will come into play. I imagine it won't. I think boxing is corrupt in some areas but it's been like that for a long time and I'm not even a huge fan.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:55 pm

I've long since lost faith in Boxing Thom. Scoring is subjective thats the main problem. At least in the pro game you have a chance of a KO.

The other thing is the hometown fighter usually gets more points because the crowd cheer every time a punch lands, even if its on the gloves.

That RJJ fight was unbelievable! Shocked Thankfully theres been nothing that bad. Just expect any tight rounds to go to the home fighter.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:04 am

Not having a go at anyone but you have to understand that 4 years prior to the Seoul Olypmics (The LA Olympics), the same thing happened to Sth Korea when they had several boxers lose to Americans in very similar situations. There will always be home advanatage but some decisions are bizare.

I dont like what the Sth Koreans did but the Americans did it to them first.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:12 am

Fair point Billser, obviously most of us would be far too young to recall these things.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:18 am

Looking back, it was Jerry Page (he eventually won the Gold) who was fighting the Sth Korean favourite (cant remember name and cant find it) and won 4-1 despite being beaten. Even the Americans booed the result and it almost caused the Sth Koreans to leave the Olympics if i remember.

Thats why i am always very cautious of discussing the RJJ incident as, although terrible for him, was a precedent set in his own country 4 years earlier.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:21 am

Remember the Russians opening the door when their javelin guy had his throw? Then they closed it again for the next guy. Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 am

Didn't know about that at all Billser.

Take yer oil RJJ! Ya must've all forgot! Very Happy
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:23 am

Cant remember that one, would be dead funny to see though Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:43 am

Wow, I'm seriously nervous watching this women's boxing bout.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:45 am

Australia eventually gets its 2nd Gold... a sailor called Tom. Very Happy

Just to put it in perspective

Sydney 16-25-17
Athens 17-16-16
Beijing 14-15-17

so 47-56-50 in the last 3 Olympics

London 2-12-7 so far...

Talk about free falling. Yahoo

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:47 am

MBTGOG wrote:Wow, I'm seriously nervous watching this women's boxing bout.

Katie Taylor? - cracking fight isn't it?

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:50 am

2nd standing count for the GB woman

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Post by KiaRose Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:52 am

Medal for Taylor - lovely sport(wo)manship at the end of that bout. Well done Jonas (GB).

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next