The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bath BIG signing! DEALS OFF.....OR IS IT????????

+35
Jenifer McLadyboy
whocares
SirBurger
DaveM
Cryptoyourisan
LondonTiger
dw7
LordDowlais
gowales
sugarNspikes
Artful_Dodger
BigTrevsbigmac
maestegmafia
PJHolybloke
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
thebluesmancometh
bluestonevedder
Cumbrian
bathmad
LeinsterFan4life
Bathite
ScarletSpiderman
cp10
Geordie
HongKongCherry
IanBru
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Scrumdown
yappysnap
funnyExiledScot
Duigers
beshocked
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
formerly known as Sam
HERSH
39 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Bath BIG signing! DEALS OFF.....OR IS IT???????? - Page 5 Empty Bath BIG signing! DEALS OFF.....OR IS IT????????

Post by HERSH Wed 08 Aug 2012, 3:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

The rumour is that they will be a back possibley a 12 or 13. Headscratch

I heard it might be Nonu Yahoo but that is a long shot IMO. Sad

Watch this space.
Bath BIG signing! DEALS OFF.....OR IS IT???????? - Page 5 3933776953

NEWSFLASH......

Looks like Ollies gone, could this mean the deal is back on?

Last edited by HERSH on Wed 19 Sep 2012, 7:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Bath BIG signing! DEALS OFF.....OR IS IT???????? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bath BIG signing! DEALS OFF.....OR IS IT????????

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 06 Sep 2012, 11:34 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:They werent looking to bring Scott Harrison out of retirement were they?

Craig Gower?

Played flyhalf for Italy before returning to Rugby League. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Gower#Controversy
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Bath BIG signing! DEALS OFF.....OR IS IT???????? - Page 5 Empty Re: Bath BIG signing! DEALS OFF.....OR IS IT????????

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 06 Sep 2012, 11:48 am

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:They werent looking to bring Scott Harrison out of retirement were they?

Craig Gower?

Played flyhalf for Italy before returning to Rugby League. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Gower#Controversy

Only man to make Henson seem normal.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 06 Sep 2012, 11:50 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:

Craig Gower?

Only man to make Henson seem normal.

Sadly in the NRL he's not that unusual Whistle
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

Sorry yes I wasnt asking who he was I was suggesting him

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:24 pm

picard
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 06 Sep 2012, 7:16 pm

HERSH wrote:
At least Bath didn't make themselves look stupid

No, only one person has done that! Wink

HERSH, you must be running out of material, this has been a drawn out ball ache! Why would the move be off over concerns about the player's past, when all you'd been waiting on was a work permit? If it is off, why don't you state who it was, as it won't make any difference now. I think you must be Ernst Blofeld with this kind of transfer rumour nonsense warning
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 06 Sep 2012, 7:26 pm

But he couldn't get a work permit due to their past.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 06 Sep 2012, 7:36 pm

Hmmm right ok Hersh - has the fat lady sung yet?

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 06 Sep 2012, 7:38 pm

HERSH wrote:But he couldn't get a work permit due to their past.

Bollards thumbsdown why won't you name them?...
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 06 Sep 2012, 8:03 pm

The fat lady sand a few seasons back, exit stage left now HERSH!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 06 Sep 2012, 8:08 pm

Actually is this the real HERSH?

HERSH left the old 606, but then mysteriously re-appeared. Did we ever get confirmation it was the same one? Is this HERSH the Norman Bates of v2? devil
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Fri 07 Sep 2012, 7:34 pm

It's me.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 07 Sep 2012, 8:01 pm

Shame

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 08 Sep 2012, 7:29 am

HERSH wrote:It's me. <Yes mother, I'm telling them now>

I knew it! Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:46 am

HERSH wrote: :picard:

So then, who was it? If the deal was off, surely it doesn't matter anymore

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:49 am

Bathite,

The whole point of keeping the name secret was to avoid anyone looking silly. The Border Agency prevented the biggest signing in NH rugby history and should be ashamed of themselves.

However at least everyone has maintained their dignity Wink

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:50 am

I can't as my contact in Farleigh House might be exposed and get the hairdryer treatment from Bruce.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:05 am

HERSH wrote:I can't as my contact in Farleigh House might be exposed and get the hairdryer treatment from Bruce.

So your contact was the only person other than Bruce to know about it? So you must be talking about Gold then, or Blofeld, or Booth, or the agent, or the player...

I am afraid in this instance you have been found out for talking absolute gonads.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:20 am

I'd imagine those guys would have known about the deal HK! as would the admin staff and players, hell maybe even the cleaner would have known if they weren't following a clear desk policy.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:27 am

HERSH wrote:I'd imagine those guys would have known about the deal HK! as would the admin staff and players, hell maybe even the cleaner would have known if they weren't following a clear desk policy.

So what's the concern about your contact being found out?
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 11 Sep 2012, 11:29 am

HERSH wrote:I'd imagine those guys would have known about the deal HK! as would the admin staff and players, hell maybe even the cleaner would have known if they weren't following a clear desk policy.

Hersh, are you the cleaner at Farleigh House? Is this how you know these things?

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 11 Sep 2012, 12:17 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Bathite,

The whole point of keeping the name secret was to avoid anyone looking silly. The Border Agency prevented the biggest signing in NH rugby history and should be ashamed of themselves.

However at least everyone has maintained their dignity ;)

Good point, I hadn't thought about it that way!

Yep, dignity in tact.

See that Josh Strauss has just signed for Glasgow, he could have been the physical 8 we needed?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:06 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:

So what's the concern about your contact being found out?

I can't take the chance, it's someone’s job we're talking about.

It would be irresponsible of me.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:16 pm

It would be irresponsible to speculate without confirmation

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:19 pm

In your opinion!

Anyway it might still happen, we'll know more once The Championship is over.

If I hear anymore you'll be the 1st to know.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:27 pm

Quins are going to be making the biggest signing in NH history in a month or so.

Just saying

drumroll

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:42 pm

yappysnap wrote:Quins are going to be making the biggest signing in NH history in a month or so.

Just saying

drumroll

didn't London Welsh do that in the summer? Closely followed by Sale.

anyway, Tigers are. We're buying theTuilagi's a new freezer.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:46 pm

Laugh

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:49 pm

HERSH wrote:In your opinion!

Anyway it might still happen, we'll know more once The Championship is over.

If I hear anymore you'll be the 1st to know.

So not for this season then as the final will be in May. There are some good players down in the championship - but you may be overhyping the new arrival.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:53 pm

Laugh

Don't give up the day job Tiger thumbsdown
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Tue 11 Sep 2012, 1:55 pm

I think HERSH must have a bet with someone. Can he get 300 posts without actually talking about anything? We all know this signing wasn't ever going to happen, yet we're all still posting Shocked

I must admit to admiring the wit to choose a topic Bath are renowned for - unsubstantiated transfer rumours - but taking it to a whole new level OK
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 19 Sep 2012, 7:17 pm

HERSH might get the last laugh here...

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/301338/ollie-barkley-joker-medical-au-racing/

Doh
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 19 Sep 2012, 7:40 pm

Hmmm. interesting development, maybe it's back on?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 20 Sep 2012, 4:32 pm

Oh yes, it's back on alright. I have it on good authority that Bath's BIG signing is ...

Brett Sharman Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Thu 20 Sep 2012, 4:37 pm

is that the guy who has been sacked after twitting abuse towards mo farah?

he's big allright.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 20 Sep 2012, 5:08 pm

Yeah, released from Saints because of a long term injury, signed weeks later for Bath as emergency injury cover.

Obviously the Farah tweet is a coincidence

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 20 Sep 2012, 7:41 pm

Not happy with that at any level. furious boxing
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumdown Fri 21 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

Its James Hook but he wants £600k per year minimum after tax which is proving a stumbling block.

Scrumdown

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 21 Sep 2012, 6:45 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Oh yes, it's back on alright. I have it on good authority that Bath's BIG signing is ...

Ben Sherman eh? Sounds good. Might cost you the shirt off your back though? Could be a good lifter in the lineout?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:04 pm

They better hurry up as London Welsh will be over taking them in the league!

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Sep 2012, 11:29 pm

glamorganalun wrote:They better hurry up as London Welsh will be over taking them in the league!
There once was a time when English rugby didn't count London Welsh as they were always at the top. Best club team in the world in the 70s. They supplied seven starting xv lions to the team that beat the ABs in 71.

Would be great to see them back at the top.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 22 Sep 2012, 12:53 am

Yes with more Welsh players, if they improve they may qualify for the HC, that would be interesting.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 22 Sep 2012, 8:34 am

Yes with more Welsh players, if they improve they may qualify for the HC, that would be interesting.

Miracles do happen.

Someone told me that there's a rumour in the rugby paper Bath are trying to sign Ben Youngs and are willing to offer 300k a year to land him. Seems a stupid move to me given that Youngs will require a lot of persuading on top of the massive contract.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 22 Sep 2012, 9:49 am

That and he typically only plays half a season

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:37 am

Will they be playing Youngs at 10 or centre to cover for Barklyes absence? Headscratch

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 22 Sep 2012, 12:26 pm

Youngs did start out as a 10. Seems a strange rumoured signing. I'd have thought a nasty forward or a classy centre.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 22 Sep 2012, 1:29 pm

I remember him kicking against SA that time actually... does seem very odd though!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 22 Sep 2012, 4:15 pm

The way they are going so far today theyll need a big signing or 4 to finish above london welsh

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 23 Sep 2012, 8:15 am

I'm not sure if he's signed a contract extension but Robbie Fruean doesn't look like breaking into the NZ squad any time soon.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 23 Sep 2012, 9:34 am

I remember him kicking against SA that time actually...

I think that was Dupuy's influence, the scrum half points kicker. It was back in his school days and when he first joined the academy. Dusty Hare convinced him to switch to 9. Be very odd to switch him back to 10 now. Maybe Classens is eying a return home, given the performances from Bok 9s of late he might fancy a recall.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next