The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold

+24
Lumbering_Jack
Imperial Ghosty
Gentleman01
Super D Boon
spencerclarke
fearlessBamber
hampo17
Gordy
sittingringside
J.Benson II
bellchees
compelling and rich
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
azania
davidemore
OasisBFC
6oldenbhoy
Rodney
TheMackemMawler
manos de piedra
AlexHuckerby
28 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold - Page 4 Empty So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 12 Aug - 16:38

First topic message reminder :

Yay.

So the obvious questions, will the man go pro? Will he be the dreaded Audley repeat? Will he stay amateur and get a bit more experience? Will he be any good? And all that shebazz.

Think he could do well as a pro, seems to learn things fast and seems to have a strong desire for success.

So wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwha you think?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 14 Aug - 23:45

I agree somewhat. However, your point does scream projection. Though to be fair to you I know alot of boxers who havn't got a clue why they do something, but are decent fighters. With them, it is monkey see monkey do (or as you phrase it, it is paint by numbers).

Anyway, my point was that, well do i really need to say it again? oh ok...

My point was, that the lessons learned through the sacrifices and hardships that are particular to boxing can be read about, and in doing so that person will have knowledge of their existence and their existence only. They will not have knowledge of the experience. IMO True Knowledge.

However, now that I have reflected on what I wrote earlier, I don't think a person needs to box to learn the technicalities and tactics of boxing as it's largely academic...... It helps if you have experience but it is not essential.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold - Page 4 Empty Re: So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold

Post by TheMackemMawler Tue 14 Aug - 23:48

@ sittingringside

I posted and when I looked back.. there was your comment. I agree with every word.

I'm pleased we're on the same wavelength.

Last edited by TheMackemMawler on Wed 15 Aug - 0:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted the words "it feels good" becuase it sounded gay)
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 14 Aug - 23:58

Why not turn pro now?, Just because he turns pro it does not mean he still cant learn and go slow. The pro game is another world and if you are going to do it then do it as soon as possible and when you can get good offers which an olimpic gold medalist will get.

Why spend more time getting used to the amateurs when he can crack on in the pro's?

turn pro come in very slow and work his way up, looks like he has all the tools to be a good fighter.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 15 Aug - 11:51

Why didn't Savon ever turn pro?

Was he scared? Or just doesn't want to be messed around by promoters..
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 15 Aug - 11:56

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Why didn't Savon ever turn pro?

Was he scared? Or just doesn't want to be messed around by promoters..

He's Cuban, and as such, he would need to defect in order to turn professional. There's a strong patriotic / nationalistic strain which exists amongst Cuban boxers, and it is seen as a severe betrayal to their country and their people to defect to America in order box for their own personal enrichment and glory, rather than for the glory of Cuba and their fellow Cuban comrades.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 15 Aug - 13:32

TheMackemMawler wrote:Boxers no more about boxing, and people on here no more about history. I could learn every F1 race, champion, win and loss for the last 100years. I could formulate opinions on the facts I've learned and go on YOU BET. Matthew Kelly could quiz me till the cows come home and I may answer every question correct.......I STILL WOULD NOT NO MORE ABOUT CAR RACING THAN SCHUMACHER.

People on here may no more about HISTORY than boxers. They may be able to articulate themselves in a way that is untainable to a boxer, or even analyse events more logically.................................but the fact remains boxers no more about BOXING, and have an appreciation which no historian will ever come close to realising. I think it is arrogant and short sighted to think otherwise.

Finally someone speaking sense! Of course boxers know more about boxing than non boxers! That is what the sport is about. Can a boxing glove manufacturer claim to know more about boxing than Lennox Lewis because he can make a boxing glove and Lewis cant? NO! If people think they know more about boxing than Lewis on here they should get down to the gym because they would be world champion in no time!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 13:34

Gordy wrote:
TheMackemMawler wrote:Boxers no more about boxing, and people on here no more about history. I could learn every F1 race, champion, win and loss for the last 100years. I could formulate opinions on the facts I've learned and go on YOU BET. Matthew Kelly could quiz me till the cows come home and I may answer every question correct.......I STILL WOULD NOT NO MORE ABOUT CAR RACING THAN SCHUMACHER.

People on here may no more about HISTORY than boxers. They may be able to articulate themselves in a way that is untainable to a boxer, or even analyse events more logically.................................but the fact remains boxers no more about BOXING, and have an appreciation which no historian will ever come close to realising. I think it is arrogant and short sighted to think otherwise.

Finally someone speaking sense! Of course boxers know more about boxing than non boxers! That is what the sport is about. Can a boxing glove manufacturer claim to know more about boxing than Lennox Lewis because he can make a boxing glove and Lewis cant? NO! If people think they know more about boxing than Lewis on here they should get down to the gym because they would be world champion in no time!

ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 15 Aug - 13:44

rowley wrote:Well the original argument originated on the back of Gordy's absolute insistence on taking everything Lennox Lewis says as gospel based on what appears to be little more than him rating him as a fighter, my argument is this seems a little silly. If Lennox wants to comment on what it is like walking to the ring to face an opponent or trying to rebuild your career after Hasim Rahman has splattered you these are things I am happy to listen to him on because he has first hand experience of which I have never had and am unlikely to ever have.

However just because someone has fought does not mean I have to accept their opinions on where a fighter deserves to be rated or whether a decision in a fight was right because there is absolutely no reason to believe they are more qualified to make such a call than I am and on certain subjects it is possible they may be less qualified.

Thats not what I am saying. I am asking if you think you know more about boxing than Lewis?So if you were watching a fighter and thought he was really good and Lewis told you he wasnt would you change your mind or would you still think you were right?

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 13:48

Gordy wrote:
rowley wrote:Well the original argument originated on the back of Gordy's absolute insistence on taking everything Lennox Lewis says as gospel based on what appears to be little more than him rating him as a fighter, my argument is this seems a little silly. If Lennox wants to comment on what it is like walking to the ring to face an opponent or trying to rebuild your career after Hasim Rahman has splattered you these are things I am happy to listen to him on because he has first hand experience of which I have never had and am unlikely to ever have.

However just because someone has fought does not mean I have to accept their opinions on where a fighter deserves to be rated or whether a decision in a fight was right because there is absolutely no reason to believe they are more qualified to make such a call than I am and on certain subjects it is possible they may be less qualified.

Thats not what I am saying. I am asking if you think you know more about boxing than Lewis?So if you were watching a fighter and thought he was really good and Lewis told you he wasnt would you change your mind or would you still think you were right?

ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Aug - 13:48

I'd think I was right, not sure how having fought qualifies Lewis to comment on a fighters ability more than I am. However there are countless things Lennox can comment on with more insight than me on which I will absolutely defer to his opinion such as training camps, pre fight nerves, dealing with promoters and getting chinned off Rahman because I have experienced none of those things.

However given Lewis openly acknowledged he has little interest in the history of the sport and I have a voracious appetite for learning and reading about the history of the sport I absolutely do not see why I should bow to his opinions when it comes to ranking fighters.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug - 13:56

What would happen if Lennox Lewis' opinion on a fight was different to Ali's. Would Ali be correct because he is higher in the rankings.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Aug - 14:06

Lumbering_Jack wrote:What would happen if Lennox Lewis' opinion on a fight was different to Ali's. Would Ali be correct because he is higher in the rankings.

Possibly but a lot depends what he was talking about because a lot of Americans are biased about british fighters so if he was saying a British fighter was not very good you might have to ignore him because he is clearly biased. You can only hope he does not rank Joe Louis as the best heavyweight because anyone who does that is clearly a non expert but given Ali is a really good fighter he is obviously an expert so he would find himself in the strange position of being both an expert and a non expert. Hope this clears things up

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 15 Aug - 14:47

George Foreman: "The referee is going to be the most important guy inside the ring tonight apart from the two fighters."

chin

I guess even the 'experts' can talk absolute cobblers now and then, eh Gordy?

88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 15 Aug - 15:02

88Chris05 wrote:George Foreman: "The referee is going to be the most important guy inside the ring tonight apart from the two fighters."

chin

Well its the truth, even if its stating the obvious. I never said George foreman was a genius but he knows more about boxing than anyone on here!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug - 15:05

Ali can often be heard calling himself the 'Greatest', but he also said SRR was the best. As Ali has rated himself above SRR he cannot be an expert (like those who dont have Ali as No.1 heavy) which means that only 3 or 4 men in history can be classed as an expert. After all, Ali is clearly not an expert as he put himself above SRR. And as all the people ranked above Ali are now dead does this mean that this planet has no boxing experts. Afterall, if the No.5 p4p fighter is not an expert, somebody ranked below him cannot be either.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 15:05

Gordy wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:George Foreman: "The referee is going to be the most important guy inside the ring tonight apart from the two fighters."

chin

Well its the truth, even if its stating the obvious. I never said George foreman was a genius but he knows more about boxing than anyone on here!

ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 15 Aug - 15:05

rowley wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:What would happen if Lennox Lewis' opinion on a fight was different to Ali's. Would Ali be correct because he is higher in the rankings.

Possibly but a lot depends what he was talking about because a lot of Americans are biased about british fighters so if he was saying a British fighter was not very good you might have to ignore him because he is clearly biased. You can only hope he does not rank Joe Louis as the best heavyweight because anyone who does that is clearly a non expert but given Ali is a really good fighter he is obviously an expert so he would find himself in the strange position of being both an expert and a non expert. Hope this clears things up

If Ali said that Louis was better than him then I would listen to his opinion. I used to think Ali was the best boxer of all time but Ali himself said Sugar Ray Robinson was better so who am I to doubt him? That is why I have Sugar Ray robinson number 1 and Ali number 2 and most experts would agree!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 15:06

Gordy wrote:
rowley wrote:

If Ali said that Louis was better than him then I would listen to his opinion. I used to think Ali was the best boxer of all time but Ali himself said Sugar Ray Robinson was better so who am I to doubt him? That is why I have Sugar Ray robinson number 1 and Ali number 2 and most experts would agree!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Aug - 15:07

Gordy wrote:

chin

So does Larry Holmes:

At least Holyfiled has a warriors heart. It's more than I can say for Lennox Lewis. He's a joke - a big athletic guy who's strictly a front runner. Put him in against a fighter that stands up to him like Ray Mercer did and Lewis is exposed as a man that does not like a real fight. Lennox Lewis is just a heavyweight wannabe" - Larry Holmes

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug - 15:09

But SRR can't be the best because if he were to fight Ali, then Ali would clearly win the fight.

So Ali is the best, even though he said SRR was the best but deep down he knows he would beat him in a fight, as would Danny Williams.

Danny Williams > SRR

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 15 Aug - 15:12

rowley wrote:
Gordy wrote:

chin

So does Larry Holmes:

At least Holyfiled has a warriors heart. It's more than I can say for Lennox Lewis. He's a joke - a big athletic guy who's strictly a front runner. Put him in against a fighter that stands up to him like Ray Mercer did and Lewis is exposed as a man that does not like a real fight. Lennox Lewis is just a heavyweight wannabe" - Larry Holmes

Yes and if you know your boxing you will know that that is clearly biased. Lewis beat Holyfield twice. He was robbed in the first fight which was one of the worst decisions in history but he beat him in the rematch so I count it as two wins for Lewis. He also beat Mercer. It sounds like this is just biased opinions like the way Frazier said ali was not a top 5 heavyweight and that he beat him 3 times. This is why I am saying you have to ignore biased lists and opinions.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 15 Aug - 15:13

Gordy wrote:I never said George foreman was a genius but he knows more about boxing than anyone on here!

Going by your own criteria, I know more than him, actually. I rank Ali as the greatest Heavyweight ever, which you say any 'expert' would. In 2010, Foreman said that such a title belonged to Louis and Louis only, and even went so far as to say that "Ali can't even be put in the same conversation as Joe Louis in that respect."

So there you have it, folks. I'm much closer to 'expert' status than Big George is.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug - 15:14

Yes, but Big George is being biased and we should ignore his lists.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 15:15

Gordy wrote:
rowley wrote:
Gordy wrote:

chin

So does Larry Holmes:

Yes and if you know your boxing you will know that that is clearly biased. Lewis beat Holyfield twice. He was robbed in the first fight which was one of the worst decisions in history but he beat him in the rematch so I count it as two wins for Lewis. He also beat Mercer. It sounds like this is just biased opinions like the way Frazier said ali was not a top 5 heavyweight and that he beat him 3 times. This is why I am saying you have to ignore biased lists and opinions.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Aug - 15:16

Gordy wrote: This is why I am saying you have to ignore biased lists and opinions.

For biased read lists that don't agree with my own. Not sure why one should dismiss Holmes, given he is a fighter (and a bloody good one to boot) he clearly knows more about it than any of us could hope to and is hardly the same as Frazier when it comes to Ali, him and Lewis are hardly blood rivals.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 15 Aug - 15:17

88Chris05 wrote:
Gordy wrote:I never said George foreman was a genius but he knows more about boxing than anyone on here!

Going by your own criteria, I know more than him, actually. I rank Ali as the greatest Heavyweight ever, which you say any 'expert' would. In 2010, Foreman said that such a title belonged to Louis and Louis only, and even went so far as to say that "Ali can't even be put in the same conversation as Joe Louis in that respect."

So there you have it, folks. I'm much closer to 'expert' status than Big George is.

Not at all. If you know your boxing then you will know Ali beat Foreman in the Rumble in the Jungle so Foreman is going to be biased against him like Joe Frazier was. Foreman knows more about boxing than anyone on here but he can also be biased. Who on this site knows the most about boxing or thinks they know more about boxing than Foreman and Lewis?

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug - 15:18

Whats happened to Union. Not taking his demotion very well?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 15:18

Gordy wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Not at all. If you know your boxing then you will know Ali beat Foreman in the Rumble in the Jungle so Foreman is going to be biased against him like Joe Frazier was. Foreman knows more about boxing than anyone on here but he can also be biased. Who on this site knows the most about boxing or thinks they know more about boxing than Foreman and Lewis?

ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug - 15:20

Gordy wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

But what about Holmes, who knows more than him. And as he is ranked higher than Lewis then his opinion should be more valued. We must accept that Lewis just isnt very good and was scared of a fight.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 15 Aug - 15:27

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Gordy wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

But what about Holmes, who knows more than him. And as he is ranked higher than Lewis then his opinion should be more valued. We must accept that Lewis just isnt very good and was scared of a fight.

Anyone who knows boxing knows that is not true.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 15 Aug - 15:29

Foreman did add that he considers Ali to be the "greatest man" to have ever held the title, Mr Bennett, as well as admitting that he'd have beaten him again in a rematch. Hardly sounds like someone with an axe to grind, does he?

Ah well, no matter. Regardless of whether he's number one or two, we all seem to agree unanimously that Louis is in a totally different stratosphere to ol' Lennox, which is the main thing.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 15:30

Gordy wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Gordy wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Anyone who knows boxing knows that is not true.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Aug - 15:33

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Whats happened to Union. Not taking his demotion very well?

He stepped down mate because he got a transfer at work so knew he would not be around much, as has proved to be the case

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 15 Aug - 15:45

88Chris05 wrote:Foreman did add that he considers Ali to be the "greatest man" to have ever held the title, Mr Bennett, as well as admitting that he'd have beaten him again in a rematch. Hardly sounds like someone with an axe to grind, does he?

Ah well, no matter. Regardless of whether he's number one or two, we all seem to agree unanimously that Louis is in a totally different stratosphere to ol' Lennox, which is the main thing.

This is not true. Do people on here think they know more about boxing than guys like Lewis and Foreman? If people think they know everything already they will never learn anything new or be able to change their opinions. Who on here is a boxing expert? People need to do their research and understand the sport and be willing to listen to experts who know more about boxing. To many people are willing to listen to the media and hype instead of understanding the sport which is why you get people on here who think Harrison would beat Marciano or that the heavyweights now are great fighters or that Lewis was not one of the best heavyweights or that Ali was not number 1 heavyweight!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Aug - 15:48

Gordy wrote: Who on here is a boxing expert?

Me

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 15:49

Gordy wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:Foreman did add that he considers Ali to be the "greatest man" to have ever held the title, Mr Bennett, as well as admitting that he'd have beaten him again in a rematch. Hardly sounds like someone with an axe to grind, does he?

This is not true. Do people on here think they know more about boxing than guys like Lewis and Foreman? If people think they know everything already they will never learn anything new or be able to change their opinions. Who on here is a boxing expert? People need to do their research and understand the sport and be willing to listen to experts who know more about boxing. To many people are willing to listen to the media and hype instead of understanding the sport which is why you get people on here who think Harrison would beat Marciano or that the heavyweights now are great fighters or that Lewis was not one of the best heavyweights or that Ali was not number 1 heavyweight!

But you clearly have no idea about boxing either........ ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 15 Aug - 15:57

Gordy, from all my experience on this site i've yet to come across anyone who knows as little as you do, you place Lewis on a pedestal as an expert when he himself wouldn't do such a thing.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Wed 15 Aug - 15:59

rowley wrote:

Me

In what way?

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 16:00

Gordy wrote:
rowley wrote:

Me

In what way?

everyway..... ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost ghost

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug - 16:04

Gordy is a very good WUM, but his spelling and grammar is of to high a standard to actually believe what he is writing.

Still a good effort all the same, but not quite as good as Azania.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Aug - 16:05

Gordy wrote:
rowley wrote:

Me

In what way?

Although I have no first hand experience of taking part I have been watching it both live and on TV for over 20 years, have a pretty wide library of boxing books covering over 100 years of the sport and subscribe to and read both of the major boxing publications in this country and have done for 15 years, this is like a job interview, should also add I like the cinema, socialising and am a non smoker.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 16:18

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Gordy is a very good WUM, but his spelling and grammar is of to high a standard to actually believe what he is writing.

Prefer Waingro, at least he was funny, Gordy is just an annoying twit you'd like to cave their face in with a brick. Like people that 'rick roll' on youtube.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 15 Aug - 16:23

Let me clarify in order to ensure I am not missing something;

1) Foreman knows more about boxing than anyone here

2) Foreman is an expert on boxing

3) Anyone who rates Louis above Ali cannot, by definition, be an expert on boxing (Gordy's definition)

4) Foreman rates Louis above Ali

5) Foreman respects and admires Ali, as he has stated on many occasions, and feels Ali would have beaten him an a re-match. This is important as it is clear that we can rule out Foreman's opinion being biased, or based solely on a personal dislike of Ali (a la Frazier)

So, we are left in a situation where Foreman is both;

a) An expert who knows more about boxing than anyone on this forum, and;

b) Someone, whose impartial opinion on Ali/Louis, automatically precludes the possibility of him being considered an expert on boxing

Seems clear to me....

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug - 16:46

Before Lewis fought Rahman for the first time did he know more than Rahman.

After Raham splattered him all over the Canvas did Rahman then know more than Lewis?

Does McCall still know more than Lewis, afterall McCall splattered Lewis and only lost the rematch because he lost the plot. He was about to spletter Lewis at any minute.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug - 16:50

It really is a defining moment on the board...

I mean when Haye fought Harrison you had Johnny Nelson saying he fancied Harrison. Given that he has boxed at a higher level than all of us she we not just have agreed.

But Haye dispatched him with ease. How could an expert (Nelson) get things so wrong.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 15 Aug - 17:16

Lumbering_Jack wrote:It really is a defining moment on the board...

I mean when Haye fought Harrison you had Johnny Nelson saying he fancied Harrison. Given that he has boxed at a higher level than all of us she we not just have agreed.

But Haye dispatched him with ease. How could an expert (Nelson) get things so wrong.

There are levels of expert Jack. Nelson is an expert, but more exerty experts predicted Haye would win. It's all about identifying the most experty expert out of all the experts offering their expert expertise. Once you have identified the most experty expert, you simply agree with them.

The difficulty arises in selecting your expert. I mean, it goes without saying that if Lennox Lewis offers an opinion then it is his opinion that you adopt. Yet, if Lewis considers another expert to be more of an expert than himself, or even a better boxer (which by definition makes you more of an expert) then presumably you must then switch and agree with the expert that Lewis himself has identified, even if Lewis happens to hold a different opinion to said expert.

In a situation such as that, it can be terribly confusing knowing which expert opinion you are to accept as being correct.

Perhaps Gordy can clarify?

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed 15 Aug - 17:17

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Gordy is a very good WUM, but his spelling and grammar is of to high a standard to actually believe what he is writing.

Prefer Waingro, at least he was funny, Gordy is just an annoying twit you'd like to cave their face in with a brick. Like people that 'rick roll' on youtube.

??

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Aug - 17:28

two_tone wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

??

Rickrolling From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rickrolling is an Internet meme involving the music video for the 1987 Rick Astley song "Never Gonna Give You Up". The meme is a bait and switch; a person provides a hyperlink seemingly relevant to the topic at hand, but actually leads to Astley's video. The link can be masked or obfuscated in some manner so that the user cannot determine the true destination of the link without clicking. People led to the music video are said to have been rickrolled.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Wed 15 Aug - 17:30; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Aug - 17:29

Gentleman01 wrote: It's all about identifying the most experty expert out of all the experts offering their expert expertise. Once you have identified the most experty expert, you simply agree with them.

Can I have Wlad as my experty expert, he seems a nice bloke and I do like him a lot.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 15 Aug - 17:41

Thats quite mild tophat, I usually feel like smashing each and every of their fingers and toes with a hammer, and then ripping their faces off with the claw on the back before covering their eyes in spiced honey and tying them to the floor next to an ant or bee colony/hive

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next