The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold

+24
Lumbering_Jack
Imperial Ghosty
Gentleman01
Super D Boon
spencerclarke
fearlessBamber
hampo17
Gordy
sittingringside
J.Benson II
bellchees
compelling and rich
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
azania
davidemore
OasisBFC
6oldenbhoy
Rodney
TheMackemMawler
manos de piedra
AlexHuckerby
28 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold - Page 5 Empty So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 12 Aug 2012, 4:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yay.

So the obvious questions, will the man go pro? Will he be the dreaded Audley repeat? Will he stay amateur and get a bit more experience? Will he be any good? And all that shebazz.

Think he could do well as a pro, seems to learn things fast and seems to have a strong desire for success.

So wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwha you think?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold - Page 5 Empty Re: So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold

Post by TheMackemMawler Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:20 pm

alma wrote:
TheMackemMawler wrote:
rowley wrote:Surely when we are talking about ranking fighters a decent knowledge ofthe history of the sport is slightly more useful than knowing how to slip a jab or tie a bloke up on the inside, one allows you to speak with some authority and insight as to whether James Jeffries deserves to rank above Marciano the other will help you not get beat up.

You are 100% correct, but that wasn't my point.

My point was that boxers no more about boxing in a vocational sense (training, nutrition, the hardships of making weight, sacrifice, technique, tactics, psychological preparation and most importantly HOW TO FIGHT). The sense that really matters. REAL BOXING KNOWLEDGE.

Historians no about history and are of a clever sort. They know how to formulate a coherent argument by selecting evidence to support their ideas. All entirely subjective ofcourse, but they will have you believe that it is an objective opinion (as though such a thing exists).

Sporting historians may know more about boxing history, but I find it extremely offensive that anyone that has not boxed, or coached, could possibly know more about boxing per say.

I don't mean to be patronising, but it's per se, from the Latin. Just thought I'd point that out.

"I don't mean to be patronising, but i will be anyway but it's per se, from the Latin"

I've got a decent education but little culture, you can take the lad out of the estate but you can't take the estate out of the lad and all that.

TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold - Page 5 Empty Re: So... Anthony Joshua Gets Gold

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:56 pm

#HayeChisora - Haye by 10 Round Decision. #KhanGarcia - Picking Khan to win. 4 any more thoughts read my timeline.

-From @LennoxLewis on Twitter: ( 4:40 pm, Sat 14 Jul 2012)
I don't see Chisora being KO'd, just outboxed. Chisora is more likely to get a KO win than Haye…but thats y they settle it in the ring!

So Lennox said Haye couldnt KO Chisora. I said Haye would take him out. Did I outsmart an expert?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 15 Aug 2012, 7:57 pm

He also said Khan in 4.

Wow, some expert he is.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5