The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cody Rhodes

+2
Mr Video Man
jp97
6 posters

Go down

Cody Rhodes Empty Cody Rhodes

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 1:42 pm

First time article here. Has Cody done something wrong?. It seemed like he was heading for a rise towards the main event but everything seems to have stalled for him. He isn't even involved in a meaningful feud right now heading towards Summerslam which is a disappoinment. Personally, I would like to see him involved in a decent feud with a top level face so he can get himself over as main event calibre before he starts getting any championship shots.

What would anyone else like to see from Cody?.

If anyone could shed any light on his stalling then it would be appreciated.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Cody Rhodes Empty Re: Cody Rhodes

Post by Mr Video Man Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:10 pm

think the wwe just has no storyline or feud for him right now i would like to see him as wwe champion for a while but dont think he has the skills quite yet. he'll get there though
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:35 pm

But do you not think Cody would benefit from a feud that will truly get him over?. WWE used to be so good at pushing superstars from middle to top and now it doesn't happen so well. Cody needs a Mick Foley type to cement his place, like he did for Edge and Randy. I am not for a moment suggesting it should be Foley, but the problem is that WWE's big stars don't seem to be working very hard to create new generation.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:46 pm

I hate this bloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:54 pm

jp97 wrote:But do you not think Cody would benefit from a feud that will truly get him over?. WWE used to be so good at pushing superstars from middle to top and now it doesn't happen so well. Cody needs a Mick Foley type to cement his place, like he did for Edge and Randy. I am not for a moment suggesting it should be Foley, but the problem is that WWE's big stars don't seem to be working very hard to create new generation.

Like Jericho has previously done and is doing for Ziggler?

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 2:58 pm

But Jericho is one of very few, if not the only one and his list of actually making "stars" is not fantastic. He lost to guys like JTG in his last run, and he most certainly isn't a star.But at least Ziggler is going to get some sort of rub from that feud, which can only be a good thing.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 13 Aug 2012, 4:21 pm

Probably punishing him for getting over.

It's a habit WWE have because of Brock Lesnar, and Bobby Lashley to a certain extent, they will push people until they get fairly over then push them back down the card to see if they will stick around.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Mon 13 Aug 2012, 4:23 pm

Or if you are Brodus Clay punish you until you get over.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Mon 13 Aug 2012, 4:26 pm

That seems strange but I can believe it because of Vince's paranoia. You would hope it would stop soon because it really is damaging the product in my opinion. I have watched DVD's of old events and there was so many more "over" superstars than there is now.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 13 Aug 2012, 4:33 pm

I think he did very well in 2011. Had a top feud with Orton that finished at Survivor Series when Orton's and Barret began. Had a good feud with Booker T which he went over. That Big Show feud wrecked everything IMO. He should of droped the title at mania after a feud after the rumble to someone on his level. Not that big olf.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 13 Aug 2012, 10:50 pm

I know Cody has had a little time off here & there maybe healing up from little niggles & bumps. I just think that it's not he's not part of an ongoing storyline as they do seem to pick talents in a cycle pattern

I really enjoyed his gimmick with the mask and the paper bags, it did something that WWE can't do very well at all these days and that was they made him stand out, he came across unique and different to all the rest of the mid-carders on Smackdown. I have to disagree with the feuds he's been dealt with for the past 8/9 months or so. The Booker T feud didn't really get him over as well as officials were hoping for and he only defended the title every couple of months or so. Again like D.Bryan had to make the best of working with Big Show and to be fair he did pull of some good, but not great matches with Big Show. Guys of their sizes are really limited to what they can do with guys over 300 pounds and 6 ft 5.

I did however see a match a week or so ago where he faces Sin Cara. Would be interesting to see their styles work together and to make their feud a little interesting involving Sin Cara's mask, just to be clear if that's already something that's happening, I havn't watched the WWE product for quite some time now, just see the odd match here and there

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down