The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which AP side are you most nervous before playing?

+7
yappysnap
formerly known as Sam
HongKongCherry
ScarletSpiderman
SirBurger
Jenifer McLadyboy
beshocked
11 posters

Go down

Which AP side are you most nervous before playing? Empty Which AP side are you most nervous before playing?

Post by beshocked Fri 17 Aug 2012, 11:28 am

I like the idea of ScarletSpiderman's which Pro12 are you most nervous before playing thread.

I thought I would create the AP version.

Personally for me as a Saracens fan it's Leicester, closely followed by Gloucester.

With so many tight encounters with Leicester recently the top spot was always going to be theirs. Agonising losses and nailbiting wins. Most of these matches have been hard fought.

2nd to Gloucester because they always seem to be our toughest opposition bar Leicester in recent times. Even when they were doing badly they seem to raise their game and intensity for us. Every single match is a battle. The game at Kingsholm last season resulted in numerous citings. In the 2010-11 play off semi - it was a nail biter at VR - ending with EFS' twitter rant at Farrell.

Who is yours?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Which AP side are you most nervous before playing? Empty Re: Which AP side are you most nervous before playing?

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:20 pm

None of them it's a shyte league. Smile

(Joke OK?)

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Which AP side are you most nervous before playing? Empty Re: Which AP side are you most nervous before playing?

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:21 pm

OK Connacht then.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:25 pm

Always Leicester...

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:25 pm

I get worried when we draw Bath, Glaw or Sarries.

Sarries put us out of the EDF (before it turn cack) when I though we were through, they needed four tries, and to stop us getting 2 bonus points, and somehow they won by 8pts (inc 4 trys for tehm and for us). It was heart breaking, and since I have to be honest I am glad when I see we have avoided them in the draw.

Bath and Glaw frighten me, and I don't really know why, they just do.

London Irish, and Saints don't frighten me as much as they should, as we have a good record against them.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:32 pm

It goes beyond being nervous playing Quins at The Stoop. I'd suggest it's just a cold resigned feeling Glaws are going to get whooped!

With the exception of Bath any trip away tends to make me nervous. We haven't had much luck at the Madjeski in recent years and thankfully we won't have a trip to Newcastle this year. Other than away games any game against the teams at the bottom of the league make me nervous too as we have a very bad habit of losing those games.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:37 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:It goes beyond being nervous playing Quins at The Stoop. I'd suggest it's just a cold resigned feeling Glaws are going to get whooped!

With the exception of Bath any trip away tends to make me nervous. We haven't had much luck at the Madjeski in recent years and thankfully we won't have a trip to Newcastle this year. Other than away games any game against the teams at the bottom of the league make me nervous too as we have a very bad habit of losing those games.

Even going to the Kassam Stadium?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:46 pm

Definitely! We have a habit of losing against the team that's come up. On paper you'd say it has to be a 5 pointer to Glaws, but it'll probably be the kickstart for Welsh's season!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:49 pm

HKC - I guess it is the biggest and worse banana peel.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 17 Aug 2012, 1:54 pm

Yep, its a banane peel that seems stuck to our studs Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 17 Aug 2012, 2:10 pm

Sarries are the biggest pain usually. Saints probably should be the team to do us the most damage and create the nerves but in the last couple of seasons we've sorted them out, the whooping they took at their place last seasoning must have been a sickening game for their fans.

Generally it's not the teams that make me nervous, on our day Tigers can beat anybody. It's the knock out games where we can sometimes for no logical reason just go to pieces. If the HEC was played as a league I actually think we'd be in the top 4 most seasons. As a knock out competition or even a limited group system, we just seem to be a bit flakey, those are the games that get my nerves jangling.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 17 Aug 2012, 2:27 pm

Most nervous is Saracens, mainly because we always look pathetic playing them, it's nearly always our worst performance of the season.

After that Sale away, we seem to hate travelling up to them and what should be a 4 pointer is usually a struggle to come away witha losing bp.

(I would say Tigers but to be honest I always assume we'll lose to them and the results are always better then my expectations.)

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 17 Aug 2012, 2:58 pm

So Quins are nervous of Sarries; Sarries are nervous of Glaws; and Glaws are nervous of Quins!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Fri 17 Aug 2012, 3:23 pm

Early season games - especially early season away games - against teams which in normal circumstances should (on paper at least) be disposed of with some ease. Thankfully (on that score alone) Leeds and Newcastle are not with us this season, but there's still London Welsh, Worcester and (sorry) Exeter.

Plus any games during the International Windows.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 17 Aug 2012, 4:55 pm

Saracens, because their rugby is a misery to watch. Puts me on the edge of my seat in tears every time.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 17 Aug 2012, 6:07 pm

Saracens and London Irish.

The Derby games always make me nervous because if we aren' t the team who come flying out of the blocks, it's nearly always impossible to come back
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Fri 17 Aug 2012, 7:43 pm

I get nervous before all of them, maybe Tigers the most after all the pastings and heartbreak they and A Tuilagi have given us over the years.

This year it will be Sale. Two must-wins.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down