The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aces and Eights

+9
Kay Fabe
dyrewolfe
jp97
MtotheC
Samo
talkingpoint
paulscholes
RinoGattuso
Adam D
13 posters

Go down

Aces and Eights Empty Aces and Eights

Post by Adam D Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:00 pm

Thought I would start a thread dedicated to the big summer storyline - TNAs Aces and 8s.

Quite a few bits of speculation flying around the net so I thought I would start us up a thread dedicated to what everyone thinks of the storyline and who they think is behind it.

On a trivial note, D'Lo Brown is playing one of the masked men at the moment! All we need is for MVP to pull on a mask and its a dream come true!

For my money its Matt Morgan (who else!) and Hulk Hogan.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Aces and Eights Empty Re: Aces and Eights

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:15 pm

Wes Brisco, Chris Masters, Luke Gallows, Mike Knox, Jay Bradley and Jeff Jarrett

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:56 pm

Jeff Jarrett 100% also Matt morgan

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:13 pm

I want it to be this man!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:20 pm

WWE were thinking of bringing him back as GillBack. A Ryback pisstake.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:48 pm

They need to hurry up and atleast show one of them. The crowd need a central figure to focus on, every stable worth its salt had one.

Best do it quick, I dont want another mass beatdown to end an Impact.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 01 Sep 2012, 8:58 pm

I'm going for jeff jarret with the MO of wanting to reclaim what is his (tna), I think Jarrett will be used as the mouthpiece as the other rumoured stable members are not know for their promo skills, such as gallowa, knox and masters.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:05 pm

I really hope its not Jerrett, it would be so obvious an angle that it would be almost not worth the build up Ace's & 8s have been given. I'd love it to be someone new to TNA who can legitimately shake up the company. Or genuinely have storm be leader and use A&8 to gain the world title and keep the title longer than Roode.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by jp97 Sun 02 Sep 2012, 1:22 pm

i heard it was jarrett and hoped it was not true. i would either like it to be someone who is going to be a massive star already in tna, or a new signing who will become a main eventers.

i know it's not but somone like Kevin Steen would be perfect leader for me.

jp97

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 02 Sep 2012, 3:26 pm

Well, one of the guys was unmasked on last week's Impact, when Aces & Eights sent 2 guys out to deliver a warning (prior to the melee at the end).

Sting pushed him up against the turnbuckle and punched him in the gut after he'd said his piece.

Anyone recognise him?
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sun 02 Sep 2012, 4:15 pm

MtotheC wrote:I'm going for jeff jarret with the MO of wanting to reclaim what is his (tna), I think Jarrett will be used as the mouthpiece as the other rumoured stable members are not know for their promo skills, such as gallowa, knox and masters.

Knox is a good talker, and Gallows was not too bad, the few times Punk let him talk.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 02 Sep 2012, 5:52 pm

I thought Knox was a good talker and if he's a member of the Aces & 8s it would make sense for him to be the leader as he played a very intelligent and cerebral psycho in the WWE.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun 02 Sep 2012, 6:07 pm

I didn't say he wasn't a good talker just that he wasn't known for his promo skills, being a good talking is not the first thing you would associate with knox or even the second or third, where as Jarrett is a proven promo'er. That was the point I was trying to make anyway.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:03 am

C'mon, if this turns out to be Gallows or Knox as the front man it would be a huge let down of proportions that only TNA can put together

It doesn't matter if these guys can talk or not, this kind of angle always needs name value for the pay-off or it looks cheap, Knox and Gallows are known as WWE rejects, not Kennedy type rejects, jobber rejects, this would destroy the groups credibility and in my opinion hurt everyone else they happened to beat up's credibility too

For the record I think the guy behind it is Bobby Roode, he's falling so far down the pecking order it has to be him, I'd never again try and second guess the booking methods of TNA after last years debacle, I just think they'll have more for the guy who had the longest reign ever than just be the name to put over the new flavour of the month on a regular basis

I'd also not be surprised to see Nash back too involved in this somehow

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:41 am

Nash, I believe, is still under contract at WWE, just not being used.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:56 am

Nash has a legends contract i believe

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Sep 2012, 7:17 pm

Oh well then

Who is it gonna be then? I'd say Roode is definitely involved, wouldn't be surprised if it might be Austin Aries tho

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 8:56 am

Steiner, Nash, Sting, Angle, Pope

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 04 Sep 2012, 11:18 am

People I think are involved:

Luke Gallows: I believe that it's Luke Gallows who so far has been used as the mouthpiece of the group, it's around his size & frame. I think there's a bigger picture to this with somebody running the group from behing the scenes

Wes Brisco: Was shown on Impact about a month ago, I think he's the eaisest one to spot of the whole group as the long blonde haired one.

Bobby Roode: Tried to pin this on anybody but himself so far. Has yet to be involved in any of the confrontations between the roster & Aces & Eights. Will be used a the "big" name of the group turning his back on TNA in storyline in the process

D'Angerlo Dineo: Not really been used this year at all. Would cement his place back into the roster with a great storyline & does work well as a outsider heel. There's also talk that his "Injury" is storyline as the x-ray he posted on Twitter was the exact one they used at Hardcore Justice.

Now the leader of the group for me is 1 of 3 people. It could be Hulk Hogan, he's now supporting a black beard, of which he used as "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan, Sting also made a reference to this on iMPACT this week!
Jeff Jarrett could also be the leader, maybe he wants to "gain control" of his wrestling company again. I think this is the most logical choice & could work really well.
The last person I think could be Eric. Not been seen since April and loves to be at the center of a storyline

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 11:22 am

Eric Young or Bischoff? Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:17 pm

Gonna go with Hogan and James Storm because during the mass brawl, the bit these 2 in the locker looked pre-taped as it looked like some the same aces and eight guys where in the locker room and at ringside at the same time.
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:26 pm

AJ was in that shot too though, if that was pre-taped (which I have no doubt it would have been anyway) then why wouldn't AJ come out and say "Oi, that happened hours ago"???

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Tue 04 Sep 2012, 8:05 pm

While I have become a bit of a TNA mark this last year or so (the company has been impressing me more and more over the last two years), I must say that if it turns out to be Jerrett trying to get his company back again I will be very disappointed - even more so than if the leader turned out to be Knox.

TNA have proven they can produce gripping tv and excellent PPVs on a budget probably 1/10th of the WWEs and the rise of TNA original talent to the main event has proven they don't need to rely on ex-WWE stars. While Knox is far from an ex-WWE star in the same ilk as Hardy or Angle, TNA has proven capable of resurrecting careers (i.e. sting) and giving the ball to the underrated and deserving (i.e. AA). If Knox has signed to TNA then he could become a star in his own right given the right storyline and booking.

Storm may just be a SCSA wannabe to his critics but his character has been one of the most endearing this year and I am invested in him as a main eventer. I want Storm to win the BFG series and main event BFG. If TNA can do that with Storm a former tag-champion who looked the least likely of Beer-Money to main event then I'm sure they can do it with Knox.

Jerrett is old news and the whole company angle has been done before. TNA needs to distant itself from a Jerrett centred programme as for years it held TNA back as being nothing more than the playground for WWE rejects who couldn't legitimately win a world title otherwise.

Aces & 8s is still in the balance; it has produced some good tv but could still flop...I tell you what though I'd mark out big time if it turned out to be Batista!!! Shocked

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down